Chapter 245 The Final Victors? End of the Challenge

Want to support? Visit any of the sites below to read the full series:

Read on My Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

Read on my Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F7BVPSD

*****

As a dark sea of clouds shrouded one's sight, the rumbling noises of thunder resounded as flashes of terrifying lightning bolts streaked about aimlessly. Looking closely, one would notice the image of four large chains that rose from distinct sections of the dark earth; they stretched towards further heights, uniting at a central point which faded beyond these murky vapors.

Occasionally, a few silhouettes of strange flying creatures shuffled about the sky as they released a series of ominous sharp cries, threatening all who dared to wander these heavens. Yet, their efforts were for naught as their domain had welcomed the appearance of a few risk-takers.

One such creature was enraged; its blue eyes gleamed in a harmful ray as it elevated its long neck attached to a broad torso with graceful blue feathers.

"Kree!" With the resonant sound of its furious cry, this unknown bird violently flapped its wings, as its figure blurred, swiftly traversing the dark cloud sea as it soared towards one of the chains.

Many similar birds followed its actions as they rushed towards the incomers that dared to venture these heights. However, these acts were no different from a pitiful effort, leading to their demise.

Swish-swish! Like a beam of sharp blade energies, the mysterious Twilight Mountain disciple bounced about as she ascended her chain at an alarming speed. Her bright and baleful aura capable of cutting away all obstacles that dared to cross her path.

One such bird was unlucky; as the moment it sensed the danger of the female it was trying to hook with its claws, it was already too late to avoid its fate.

Swing! Puff! The sound of flesh being sliced apart echoed as this savage bird was quickly divided into two halves, leaving only a look of terror on its lifeless blue eyes followed by a shower of blood. Much like this creature, a few of the others who assaulted different chains shared the same fate.

Buzz! Following a strange sound, two separate birds that soared towards an individual halted their movements. It was as if they couldn't tell which direction was up or downwards as if space itself had constrained their actions. They wildly fluttered their wings with a look of panic, but it was futile for their fates came swiftly.

Bang! With loud and gruesome sound, both birds seemed to have been struck by a gleaming bamboo rod, causing them to burst into mangled pieces of flesh and organs that scattered about the sky with their showering blood.

Not long after, the Desert Shaolin had once more appeared for a moment, his figure then shrunk and vanished before appearing a few meters distance above his previous location, as he rapidly ascended the chain.

Yet, no sooner than the actions of the Desert Shaolin and Twilight Mountain disciple, the third chain similarly had an individual with a power like no other.

Shing! The piercing cry of a sword sounded followed by a brilliant ray of sword energy scattered across the sky; it swept through a flock of these birds before vanishing within the surrounding clouds with unstoppable momentum.

Soon, a startling scene occurred, it was as if these birds were sliced apart by a sharp net, accurately divided into multiple segments of bloody meat of the same size. The clouds behind them had similar cuts, but soon became replaced by more vapors from the strange formation array.