Chapter 08 - Monkey liquor

Read chapters ahead on my website: https://www.shadowsnet.com

Read on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C7912KX

*****

Mount Tydol was a vast and mysterious mountain range filled with many kinds of unusual plants and strange beasts.

There are many varieties of spiritual herbs and plants scattered about the rough grassy terrain, with spirit fruits growing from humongous ancient trees. Their branches have become so large that they appeared to have blocked off the sky as they stretched across the wild forestry deep within the mountain range.

Roar! The cries of various types of essence beasts could faintly be heard resounding throughout the entire region, further increasing the wild and untamed atmosphere.

The sky was getting bleak, as specks of water drops started to fall from the clouds dropping around the region. One drop of water fell on top of a colossal tree towering the area amongst other trees, flowing on top of a large leaf the size of two men. Finally, dripping on Feng Yu, who was hidden underneath its covering.

Pat!

"It seems that it's about to start raining," Feng Yu said while wiping the raindrop from his forehead.

He was silently perched on top of a large branch. His form camouflaged by many gigantic leaves. Occasionally, his ears would make a slight twitching motion as he carefully scouted the region. Soon, his gaze became fixed towards a specific location within a dense field of tall grass. Shortly after, a figure became visible, swiftly making its way through the tall thickets with high speed and skill. It was a panther moving carefully and with agility. This panther was three meters tall, five meters in length, and purples stripes covering its black skin.

Strangely enough, despite its massive frame, it made no sound as it swiftly made its way through the shrubs. Very quickly, it arrived at Feng Yu's location. It seemed to have picked up his scent as it carefully sniffed the region. An intelligent gleam could be seen through its dark eyes.

Swish! "Scorching Mantis Strike!" Seeing an opening, Feng Yu quickly launched an attack utilizing the first stance of the <Blazing Mantis Palm Arts>.

As if sensing the danger beforehand, the panther promptly evaded by leaping backward leaving an afterimage in its wake demonstrating astounding flexibility. Sensing that its opponent's cultivation was no stronger than itself, it immediately repositioned itself into an attack posture and gave off a loud roar while dashing towards Feng Yu.

Rooaarrr! Swoosh!

"Chet! It's fast!" Feeling a bit surprised by the panther's speed, Feng Yu frowned while grumbling. However, he didn't dare let his guard down either. He quickly got into the 'Mantis Stance' preparing to counterattack the panther's speedy assault.

A cunning glint could be seen in the panther's eyes as it made a mocking expression. With a slight shake of its body, another afterimage appeared. This afterimage then branched off into multiple similar afterimages agilely traversing the distance while shuffling amongst each other creating an illusive scene.

Swish! Swish! Swish!

"Hmph... Such a cunning cat. Are you forcing me into a frontal assault? It seems that your specialty is quite exquisite indeed. Sadly, you're underestimating me too much!" Feng Yu inwardly praised its Movement Technique while sneering. He dashed towards the images of the panther utilizing his <Lightning Flash Steps> Movement Skill.

Flash! Flash! Flash!

After a series of lines similar to lightning, Feng Yu's figure abruptly appeared within the center of the panther's afterimages. As if in slow motion, he lifted his hands slowly and began swiping his palms out in a fluid style, leaving many remnant outlines after each swipe. Soon, his hands became blurry due to the speed of his palm attacks. They struck all the images of the panther instantly dispersing the illusion ability caused by its stunning movement speed.