Chapter 44 - Arrival of the Sky Splitting Sword School, One with Sword!

Another day passes, and a new dawn quickly arose in Machen Town.

The events of the Mystery Pavilion's Auction naturally remained a 'mystery' to all, but rumors still flowed among the upper echelons grapevine. Now, only two days remained until the Talent Selection begins. The citizens and practitioners in Machen Town only got more excited as the battles in the arenas and activities only increased.

However, as the mood increases, so does the changes in the atmosphere.

Inside of a luxurious hall, within a private mansion.

A beautiful woman in white priest-like robes with golden patterns sat on a chair; she had long black hair that was bounded into a ponytail reaching all the way to the floor, her eyes were small and narrow but gave off a strange, alluring charm when viewed up from any angle. As she looked out her window, she gave off a strange aura as if the world around her was nothing more than pieces of information that flowed according to her will.

She looked at the sky with a noble temperament as she spoke softly to the wind, "The eastern wind shifts, as chosens are born when the destined dragon rises, and another's fate will start to see new changes..."

Knock-knock! As she was disturbed from her thoughts, she couldn't help but frown as she glanced at the door and spoke, "Who is it?"

"Young Lady Mingyun, the representative from the Xuan Imperial Family, seeks an audience with you," A man dressed in similar white robes said.

"I see, let them in then," She said as she once again turned her vision towards the sky observing the dazzling snow that fell upon the earth.

******

At the entrance of Machen Town a few figures arrived, they wore shiny armor with bright flame-like capes that flowed in the wind, as they rode on top of black horses that had flame hoofs. It appears they were a walking sea of bright flames that stood out in white snow that blanketed the earth.

Traveling at the center of these individuals were a group of men and women who seemed to be above the secular world, they wore similar sky blue colored robes with a sword emblem adorned on their chests.

The citizens and wanderers who stood at the entrance of Machen Town looked towards these individuals in surprise.

"It's the Bright Flame Knights!" A local individual exclaimed as he seemed to have recognized these individuals.

"What? The kingdom's Knights are here too!" Another individual said as he looked at the knights.

"Wait! That group in the middle, the clothes their wearing aren't they..." A practitioner said as he looked at the group in the center of the Bright Flame Knights.

"Hmm, already arrived I see... it looks like this show is about to get started," The mysterious from the Midnight Temple said, as he looked at the group that was entering the town from a window in a nearby pub with a strange smile on his face.

******

Inside a pub, within a private booth.

Tang Fie and Xin Zhu were currently having a loud conversation, as Tang Wu, and Xin Qing sat silently observing their new conflict.

Bang! "You're an ungrateful cheat! Is this how you treat soon to be family, I demand compensation from your family!" Xin Zhu said as he smashed the chess board to pieces.

"Old Zhu, it's not my fault that you're not good at chess. Look, since it is this way, as our families will be connected through Wu'er's and Qing'er's marriage. Why not we set another date for a rematch? I promise to try and stake more next time so that if you win. You'll earn more than enough to make up your loss today," Tang Fei said with a smile on his face as he mocked Xin Zhu.

"You shameless bast----" As Xin Zhu was about to vent his frustration once more, there was an interruption.

Sou! A man with a with a hood over his head appeared with the room and knelt politely on the ground.

Seeing this man appear both Xin Zhu and Tang Fei became silent as they looked towards the man with a deep gaze. Quickly though, Xin Zhu waved for the man to stand before he inquired, "What is do you have to report?"

"Reporting to Old Master Zhu, the emissaries of the Sky Splitting Sword School have just arrived at Machen Town, but some unexpected characters are escorting them," The man said.

"Oh! And Who are these characters?" Tang Fei asked interestedly.

Tang Wu and Xing Qing also looked curiously.

"They are the kingdom's first guards, the Bright Flame Knight's." The man reported.

"Haha! It looks like the sudden appearance of the Golden Dragon Empire; the Southern Wasteland and a few other threatening parties has caused our king to feel nervous. I didn't think he'd go as far as sending out his prized troops," Xin Zhu said as he roared with laughter.

"Brother Tang, do you think the Xuan Imperial Clan is going to try anything during the Talent Selection?" Asked Xin Qing.

"I'm not sure, but even if they do. What could they possibly do against the group from the Golden Dragon Empire and the even more so mysterious Southern Wasteland Group?" Tang Wu replied while looking out the window puzzledly.

Tang Fei hearing Tang Wu's words nodded and replied, "Wu'er says right! Nothing can be done, and as for our forces, we only need to take advantage of the scene when there is any change. We need to guarantee our entrance into to the Mystic Realm!"

"Em," Xin Zhu said as he nodded..................

******

Want to read the Full Chapter? Visit any of the sites below:

Read on My Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

Read on my Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F7BVPSD