Chapter 241 - Rumors of the South, A Familiar Aura?

Want to support? Visit any of the sites below to read the full series:

Read on My Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

Read on my Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F7BVPSD

*****

A week had passed since Feng Yu left the Lang Tribal Clan, departing from the domain of the Eastern Wilds, bidding a temporary farewell to his party. He ventured towards the Southern Pass, traveling along the southwestern route to avoid the area of the ruined Machen town.

Now, rather than the sight of dense forestlands, he was graced by majestic pictures of broad pastures, filled with grassy tracks that led towards distant places. Most had towering trees growing at their sides as if one looked even further across the lush land. They would see streams of clear rivers, broad lakes, and even tall narrow hills that grew upward by hundreds of meters.

Occasionally, one would notice a few flying creatures that soared high above the open sky, making their way towards distant reaches. While some would be considered dangerous not all beasts are privy to attacking wantonly.

The fresh winds that brushed across these grasses filled all who wandered about with an air of adventure, many travelers couldn't help but take in a breath of fresh air as they looked around wondering where to set up a temporary camping site. A few others, however, continued their journeys to the unknown.

One such traveler was Feng Yu, now garbed in a simple red robe with a bamboo hat that hid his face. He held a simple sword in front of him, resting its blade on top of his shoulder while walking with steady steps. A light wind rustled his robes, swaying each strand of his loosely hanging red hair, causing him to turn his head towards side while in thought.

"It's been half a day, and I have yet to arrive at the dividing paths leading to the Southern Pass, tsk! If it weren't for those assassins and that bizarre disaster at Machen town, I'd have long since traveled halfway there; it looks like I'll have to spend the night at the nearest town I can find," Feng Yu thought while shaking his head.

He then gazed at the far off hills and mountains before thinking, "I would have preferred to travel by sky, but that is no different from a death wish, for who among those sects or major powers from the mystic realm doesn't know of our clan's unique flying artifacts?"

"Tsk! In one life, I am a poor man with no treasures struggling to create a destiny, although, I had a powerful master, I had to do everything on my own. Now, in a new life, I am given all the treasures of the world, but I cannot use them lightly. Maybe this is a principle of the universe, a way of cause and effect, meant to counterbalance - oddities..." Feng Yu thought as his eyes flickered profoundly, but he soon after sighed before continuing his journey onward.

While in though, a group of travelers had unknowingly arrived with Feng Yu's vicinity, at a glance, one could tell that they were relatively wealthy as they moved in a high-quality carriage that was surrounded by guards. Each of which gave off the energies of a peak Body Training realm expert while the best among then were at First Tier to Fourth Tier Aura Disciple realm, respectively.

Currently, two individuals garbed in blue robes with a sword marking on their chests sat in its interior. A 21-year-old male with black hair bundled with a hairpin, as his angular facial features and keen eyes, gave one a feeling of sharpness. The person to his side was a 19-year-old female with short brown hair and watery blue eyes that matched her robes; they silently watched the scenery while speaking to each other.

"Senior Brother Cheng Ba, what do you make of this trip to the south? Is it really as they say it is?" The young female asked as she looked at the youth curiously.