𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆

*fuck the cavalrey battle, its stupid, we're getting straight to the point of this chapter which is most certinly not what you think*

**

"hey, where are you going shouta?" hizashi asks his friend, "to talk to {Y/N}, its lunch time, shes free now" he explains, and the two men start walking towards the school cafeteria, talking with each other.

**

you sit down beside yaorurozu and the other girls, just picked up your lunch. of course, as you start eating the rice you swallow a couple more pills to get ready for the next part, the duels, which you were most excited about.

"is everything alright?" uraraka asks, sitting down beside you, "yeah, just a bit tired" you smile, nodding reassuringly.

"hey, someones phone is buzzing" tsu points out, and you feel the table buzz. "oh sorry" you smile, picking up your own phone from the table and looking at the screen.

"hey... is everything ok?" uraraka asks when she sees your smile drop and all colour drains from your face, eyes growing wide with it. you dont reply as you stare at your ringing phone, rereading the name of the caller again and again.

"hey... what is it?" uraraka asks and just as she leans closer to you to look at the screen, you stand up abruptly, stiffly. "i-i-i-i need to answer this" you stutter and walk out of the cafeteria outside to stand at the school grounds, and quickly you go to one of the gates in the stedium which led inside of it, (where todoroki and midoriya talked, whatever its called)

"h-hey, catch this!" hizashi calls and points off to the side and shouta follows his finger with his eyes and sees as you stand, back to the wall, staring at your ringing phone. quickly grabbing his hand, he pulls him over and they both stand behind the wall silently.

finally, you tap the green button on the screen and raise the sound on very high, since you werent sure if her voice would overcome your fuzzy brain, to hizashis and shoutas luck.

"what do you want mom?" you ask into the phone, voice cold and unwelcoming, words rinsed in venom. "look who finally decided to pick up" she says, you could hear her eyes rolling in her head.

shouta is confused, stuck to the ground with his feet. you said you had no connections to your mom, and now shes calling you and you speak with her? and why is she calling if your relationship is very toxic and even non existant, after she gave you up?

"do you need more blood?" you ask into the phone, sighing. "i dont need blood" she replies, "i saw you on TV" she says, and your back straightens as your shoulders tense. is she watching the festival? is she amazed?

"you did?" you ask, shouta and hizashi hear your voice is so much smaller this time, "yes, when you got yourself kidnapped" your heart falls down to your feet and your eyes close tightly.

"it takes a real narcissist to think someone wants to see you" she says, and you sigh, rubbing your forehead. "that was a news report" you say quickly. "you know what i think of jimmy fallon" she says on the other side, and you can hear her lighting up a cigarette, the flicker of the lighter. "hes a talk show host" you sigh, shaking your head.

"i saw what your friend said about you-" "mom-" "i dont want to fight you {Y/N}" she sighs, dissmissing you before you could express your reaction.

"i just want to tell you that i know" she says, and you straighten your back, shouta and hizashi behind the wall are as interested in the conversation if not more then you. "what do you know?" you spit, your voice almost attacking.

"i know, that you want to be happy, but you wont be" she says, and your breath hitchs in your throat. "what?" you ask, stiffning, mouth drying. "its not just you, you know" she says, exhaling smoke on the other side of the line, your mouth falls open.

"you know, your father and i-we-well... you come by it honestly... the ugliness inside you" she says, and your eyes close tightly. the weirdest part was that this was her trying to apologize. for what? neither of you knew. you slide down on the wall behind you, butt hitting the ground as you grip the phone in your hand.

hizashi and shouta are glued to the ground, eyes wide. what is this? who talks like this to his child? why is she calling? shouta is scared, and as much as he wants to run over and smash your phone and hug you, he cant. he needs to hear the rest.

"you were born broken, thats your birthright" she says, inhaling her cigarette again. you werent really getting hurt. but you also were really getting hurt. you knew answering this phone wont be a smart move, yet your instint to try and get her approval was overcoming you.

"and you can fill your life up with your little friends and your hero studies and whatever drugs youre taking now. but it wont make you whole, it wont make you happy. and neither will it make me happy. you destroyed me." the woman says, and you gulp, "i know" you whisper.

"youre {Y/N} chiyo. and theres no cure for that" the woman finally finishes, you are silent on the floor, staring at the ants as they run across.

theres silence, only the sound of hushed voices from the school and her exhaling the cigarette, shouta and hizashi are shocked, practically stuck to the ground. you werent amazed. you werent shocked. this is her. her. mom.

"anyways..." she drags out through the phone, and you hear her fummbling with a paper, "do you remember who directed the philadelphia story? second letter u" she quiers through the phone. you sigh and rest your forehead on your palm, elbow on your knee. "lubitch?" you offer, sighing. "no {Y/N}... goodbye" the woman says, and the phone call ends.

sighing, you run your hand over your face and grip your hand over your mouth tightly, letting the phone fall to the ground. kinda wish she asked for blood at this point.

getting up, you dust down your pants and walk out to find shouta and hizashi behind the wall, both looking patalyzed. "why were you evsedropping?" you ask, furrowing your brows.

after a few more moments of silence, aizawa snaps out. "are you ok {Y/N}?" he asks, taking a step forward. "im fine" your voice was cold, and only a trained and careful ear would hear the strain. "im going to eat, get ready for the next task" you bow your head and leave back inside the school, going straight towards the locker rooms.

"hey! hey {Y/N}!" you turn your head and see midoriya running closer to you. "what?" you ask rudely. "are you coming? we need to start the duels! youre up against... kacchan..." he whispers, looking at you confused and concerned.

"yeah um listen, i need to go back to the home, my friend is having some health issues... i gotta go" you say and walk towards the locker room again. "what? now?" he asks, jogging beside you. "yes now, i have to go. if anyone asks just say its a medical emergency" you say as you open the door and slam it behind you, leaving midoriya outside of it.

you stomp over to your locker and slam it open, digging your hand in and pulling out 2 bottles of pills between your fingers. popping the caps open, you drink one bottle and the second one as well as if it was smooth water, dropping the empty bottles into your bag and letting it drop on the floor.

this is not it.

annoyed, you slam the locker close again and stomp your way outside of the school, walking angrily down to the city while the duels back at the stedium in the school started.

***

bojack refrences
comment, vote and follow!!

yours, the red demon♧