𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒

when you finally fell asleep, murmuring, crying and shaking, shouta looks at you again.

doesnt matter that you look pretty bad, face wet, hair wet, blood on your hands and lips red. you still looked beautiful. and in all honesty, you just looked sad to him.

it hurt him.

and he knows that he is a big part of this.

because he promised you. and after he promised he messed with you and made you think that he lied, that he doesnt really care for you.

he does though, and he wants to make you believe it.

and now, as he looks at you, he just wants to make you believe him. and he doesnt care at this point, hes gonna make you believe.

"would you like a coffee?" sasaki asks, getting up to the kitchen and wiping his face with his hands.

this was maybe the hardest thing he has seen.

the way you cried, begged, talked, it hurt him. because no matter what you did, you were hurt. noone does these things if they are fine.

"yes, please" shouta says, nodding, looking at his watch and realising that its almost 9pm.

"what do we do now?" sasaki asks from the kitchen.

"we let her sleep this off. ill talk to her when she wakes up" he says, looking at your face again.

he wants to kiss you again.

"maybe we should move her to my guest bedroom" sasaki offers as he pushs the button on the coffe machine, turning to look at you and shouta.

"yeah, that'll be good. do you mind if i stay here tonight? just until she wakes up" shouta asks.

"no problem, but i only have one spare bed. you can take the sofa" he says, shrugging his shoulder as he walks back with two cups of coffee.

"id sleep on the roof if i have too" he mumbles as he takes the cup and drinks his coffee.

they sit in silence for a few more minutes until sasaki suddenly remembers something.

"wait... she said she talked to her mother. isnt she dead? does she have hallucinations of talking to her mother?" he asks, looking over to you.

shouta sighs and falls back, knowing that this could not be good.

"she isnt dead they are just on bad terms" shouta explains.

sasaki gets up and looks around, until he finds your phone in the coat you threw on the floor earlier, and opens it.

"what are you doing?" shouta asks, furrowing his brows.

"checking if her phone records the phone calls. most phones do that now" he explains, "bingo" he sighs as he shows shouta the phone and the recording of your call with "mom"

"should we listen to this?" shouta asks.

"it could give us some more intoframtion about this" sasaki justified, before he hits play, and they sit in silence.

they sit silently through the 3:05 of the call, listening to your cries, your mothers venoumas words and the main conclusion of the phone call.

your fathers memorial day in 2 days, which you were expected to attend.

"so her father is dead" sasaki sighs at the end, placing your phone on the coffee table.

shouta sighs and rubs his eyes.