9. Rudraksh Rana At Kollins Ball ( Edited POV )

"Delighted to make your acquaintance Miss Kedar !" The man beamed and I tried so hard not to smile. He seemed like a good man.

"Likewise."

"I know I'm such a marvellous company." He said with a grin and earned a glare.

"All right I'm just kidding. So is it correct ? Are you really a Princess ?"

"In a sense yes. My father is the King of Neelkanth Empire based in the North of India." Was he a werewolf too ? I couldn't tell. My lack of abilities prohibited me from sensing werewolves around and others from sensing me. In few months, on the day of Mahashivratri, my birthday, I would finally transform into the true form Devi Shakti and Mahadev had blessed me with. My body will be carved into a wolf.

"That's awesome ! Will you invite me to your Royal Haveli ?!"

"How do you know about a Haveli ? Hm Valaskan ?"

"I'm pursuing a degree on History."

"Oh. Maybe I'll invite you. Maybe not."

"Amazing ! I knew you'll invite me. Where were you headed ? If West then let me tell you the food arrangements are made over at the East gardens."

"I was not !" I lied.

"Oh come on Miss Kedar, you were looking like you were about to set bombs in the pockets of every Gritaan your eyes landed on. People eat to sooth restrained anger. I do !"

"I was just looking for some fresh air !" I half lied.

"Sure, Miss Kedar." He smiled a I know you are lying smile and added,"Now, will you do me the honour of dancing with me ?" He extended a hand and bowed down a little.

"Oh no no, Mister Kollins. I can make swords dance but not my feet." I took a step back and his smirk vanished.

"Aw man. Even I don't know anything. So let's tr--" His voice died down as his eyes found something behind me.

"What's wrong ?"

"Don't look but I think that man wants to murder us. But assuming that he is Indian, it's clear it's one of us."

"What man ?" I turned and for a good few seconds thought my eyes were deceiving me. I thought I was delusional and just a few yards away stood nothing but a figment of my imagination. A rather ravishingly beautiful figment at that.

He was standing there, swathed in an all black, finely tailored Bandhgala suit that hugged every edge and ridge of his muscled body. He was the same as I had seen him last time at the Rajya Sabha. Sharp jawline and defined cheekbones cleanly shaven, deep brown eyes intense and that thing I felt everytime I looked at him.... Everything was just the same. His thick jet black hair was styled perfectly and his hands were resting in his pockets. There were few men around him, talking among eachother but he wasn't.

He was glaring death at me and Vikram Kollins.

I felt a chill run down my spine and my heart ached under that blazing brown gaze. After a second or so he looked away, focusing his attention back to his company. I didn't miss the deep maroon pocket square on his suit that completely matched my dupatta before turning back to Vikram Kollins.

"Do you know him ?"

Rudraksh Rana.

"I don't. I once saw him at our Royal conference."

"Then maybe he doesn't fancy a handsome man around a beautiful lady like you." Vikram shrugged and I scrunched up my nose a little at how ridiculous his guess was.

Rudraksh Rana meant nothing to me and I was sure I meant nothing to him either. Then why would he have a problem with me being around any man ? Exactly. He had no reason to. It wouldn't affect me if a woman were to dance around him like Susan D Kollins danced around Krishna.