30 - Coronation and Chaos ( Edited POV )

"Good God... What will we do now Shivanya ? A war...."

"Relax Sakhi. Everything is under control. Mister Rana is on his way to crush Karim's army. General Randhir is on his way to secure the Southern Borders and our fastest messenger is on his way to brother Shikara with two war ships. Krishna is working on haveli's security. For us there is no war or at least not until I am Queen. Just be careful and be on guard. No one should know about this, okay ?"

"That's a relief. I pray for Alpha Rana's victory."

"Me too."

"Me too."

"Wait... What did you just say ? Brother Shikara..I haven't heard from him in ages !" Exclaimed Surbhi.

"I have exchanged a few letters with him. His sea eagle, Garud, got me his letters and took mine to him over the years."

"That's amazing ! I wish he visits." Said Sakhi, ecstatic.

"How come I don't know him ?" Asked Rashmi. A curious look etched on her pretty face.

"That's because you never saw him Rashmi." Rashmi was not exactly related to the Kedars. She had no ties with us except for being my best friend. We had taken her in when her poor family struggled with their lives. Rashmi was still in Uttrakhand with her family when Shikara left for the sea.

"Oh I get it." We spent a few hours in each other's company, talking, eating salted nuts, playing cards and drinking non alcoholic Som Ras. At two in the morning I started getting ready for my coronation.

After the Mahasnan of milk, rose, turmeric, honey and fragrant herbs, I was getting attention like that of a Royal bride. Rashmi was drying my hair by holding a clay dhoop dan, that had burning coal of fragrant wood, close to my hair. Surbhi was sorting my outfit that was fit for the Queen of India. It was a maroon and deep yellow lehenga and blouse with stones and zari work all over it accompanied the most lustrous of embroidery. Little Sakhi was marvelling over the necklace Rudraksh gifted me.

Not even a second has gone by without me thinking about him, praying for him, praying for my people, praying for my soldiers, my army, my Kingdom, each and every warrior that was on battlefield for me. I had no idea what was going on for I hadn't step out since last night. Rudraksh's promise had tied my feet. No letter. No note. No messenger. No message. No nothing. I knew nothing.

Once my hair were dried, I slipped into my outfit with the help of my ladies. An hour later, I was finally done.

"I still can't get over your Rani Haar Shivanya. I bet no one in all of Aryavarta and Deccan combined has ever seen such a necklace." Rashmi said.

"But then again... there is no one like Rudraksh Rana either." She added with pride.

"Don't you have anything to say, Mrs Rana ?" Surbhi mimicked Rudraksh and all of them laughed. I endured in silence and utter euphoria. He was mine and I was his. I would have to live with such teasing now for my ladies were untamed, spoilt and outrageous just like myself. Sakhi nudged my shoulder and settled in front of me to do my makeup. She started with the moisturizer and said, "What a shame. All this glowing blush will be covered up."

I remained silent, suppressing a smile. I couldn't deny the red suffusing my cheeks... Or my existence. Damn you. "Wow no death threats ? Rudraksh Rana did her good." Commented Rashmi.

"Shut up all of you !"

"Finally." They said.

"Well... We very well remember that night on the ship. How you were shutting us all up just like this time. Damn... Who knew the man that got each and every woman's hormones acting up would end up being yours."