36 - Gone. ( Edited POV )

Three days.

Three days passed in restlessness and agitation. I was tired of sending men out and hearing that they had failed to locate him. Mister Rana didn't come back after my little stunt that noon. Was he too annoyed with me after I crossed a line and fed him when he wanted nothing to do with me ? While he didn't want to look at me ? I was exhausted mentally and physically. I decided to go out for a walk that evening for the sunset was the most beautiful of summer so far. Wrapped in my favourite shawl, I walked out.

A man came to me in hurry and said, "No signs of him, my Queen." Sighing, I resumed walking. I was tired. I had been without food and sleep for two days. Krishna was making his way to the training grounds with his mate Rajini. Their wedding ceremony was due next month.

"Sister, a few Alphas has requested a meeting in regard of rogues and... Nagas. They're waiting." He said, bowing along with Rajini.

"Please don't do this."

"It's our respect, My Queen." Said Rajini, smiling, glowing.

"Show my your love. You're my family. I already know you respect me. You're glowing, Rajini. Tell me if my brother gives you a hard time."

"Oh she gets a lot of hard time." He grinned. Rajini froze, red in the face. She was too embarassed to slap Krishna's head like I did. That bastard.

"You're shameless. All you men are I guess." I glared at him, suppressing a smile and failing. Ugh. Damnit. Now I missed my husband even more. He just laughed and pulled his soulmate closer to him.

"Send the Alphas to the Northern gardens, brother. I am heading there."

"Will do." He nodded.

"And yes... brother ? have you seen Mister Rana ?"

"No. No sign of him. I was going to ask you about that." He said, I sighed again.

"No worries. He might have gone to his haveli." I lied.

"Most probably. He has a pack too or rather... A lot of packs." He chuckled and walked away.

I smiled and walked towards the Northern gardens.

They were grand, laced with lush greenery with a grand sandstone gazebo as the main attraction followed by a small one where there was a statue of Shiva. It was a small open air temple. I moved to the gazebo. A table and a few sofa chairs were arranged in there.

The servants who took care of the garden came to me, "Your grace, can we get you anything ?" Three of them asked in unison.

"A few Alphas will be here soon. Get tea and snacks as soon as they arrive. Thank you." The servants nodded and ran off. Instead of the Alphas, a letter came to me first.

It was from brother Mayank from Venland who wrote about his sadness for the King's death and happiness of me becoming a Queen and a wife.

He wrote how it was about time I knew the truth about him being in Venland. He was there for a secret mission.

For years he had been in and out the Governament meeting rooms as the assistant of Edward Kollins. Where, with his sharp wolf hearing, he picked their plans to crush India even more and sent word in advance which resulted in the King crushing their plans at the harbours and hurling them into the sea. Thus, resulting in prevention of the permits of their innovative brutalities.

And now with the King gone... I was the one to carry it on. I smiled to myself. I knew Mayank was hiding something all along and now it was all clear. I was ready. I was proud of him and my father. There was another note attached to the letter. It was a warning about a Eukrape ambassador on his way to India for negotiating a truce between the authorities now that Karim was gone to redesign the laws in the favour of both of them to rule effectively. Eukrape was trying too hard to take some land under their jurisdiction, too tempted after seeing the ships full of wealth Gritaan took to their hellhole of a nation.