26 - They Craved Domination, They Craved Touch ( Edited POV )

Beside me was lying the man responsible for half of the chaos inside me, be it tantalizing or heart-wrenching. No matter how much I stared at him, it was never enough. Rudraksh's sight never managed to quench the thirst of my eyes. It never ceased to leave me hankering for more. Every time, each second, he looked like a beautiful stranger who loved me from afar. A sinful yet beautiful lover who cherished me from outside the walls I built around myself.

There were sides to his pretty face, dark sides, menacing sides. Even those depths intrigued me, set my inner demons awake into a lustful longing so strong, it knocked all my guards down. I held them down. Unleashing them would mean nothing but doom, his as well as mine.

Those haunting eyes now closed in serenity of slumber. Everything about him tempted parts of me I never knew. There was no denying it.

My father...

No.

Daksha Kedar's pride killed him.

I sighed. When I left Gritaan, I never thought my next meeting with Vikram would end up with him in a dungeon, suspected of treason, and conspiring.

Trust is a luxury Kings and Queens can't afford.

I took a deep breath. I should've never trusted him. He had that vile Gritaan blood flowing in him after all. I should never trust anyone no matter who they were for they all were same conniving little runts trying to get to me.

Kings and Queens can afford the luxury of trust for I do and you can too. I trust you. Rudraksh's voice echoed through my senses.

When I heard temple bells chime for the morning Aarti of Lord Mahakal, I got off the bed and made my way to the jharokha through the stepping stones across the pond. Dhruv was flying around and a few patrolling wolves were on duty. I looked at the morning moon, just a trace of silver crescent accompanied by an azure blanket of dawn. Winter was still lingering around and summer fought it's way making the patches of snow sweat away into baby blossoms.

Not a minute gone by and I sensed it. His presence behind me.

I wondered what my own scent was like. Did he like it ? Did he find it as addictive as I did his ? He maintained two feet of the distance as he stood, looking over at the sleeping town of Somm. Almost all the brahmins were up, performing their morning rituals and prayers but I had nothing to do with them. I respected all the traditions, all the customs and I performed them all with all heart but deep down all I ever did was dance in the trance of Shiva. For me he was everything and just like him, for me, rules, customs, traditions didn't have much importance but all the respect. I firmly believed in the pureness of heart, the truth, the kindness. Show off, indifference, discrimination in the name of religion was not acceptable.

"Please don't do this." The words left his mouth in the form of a desparate plea.

I didn't react.

"Love, Stop breaking your mind..."

I looked up at him.

"Please tell me what is it ?" His voice was soft against the echoing temple bells.

"I know you haven't slept well all night. I know you've been restless and I can't help but wonder what is it... It's making me crazy." His voice was rushed, desperate for some relief. He was worried sick for me and I felt bad about feeling good about it. I loved when he cared about me. I was selfish. I knew he was hurting, I knew I never reciprocated anything, I knew everything.

"It's just about Vikram..."

"Really Mrs Rana ? I told you that lying won't work. I will know it." Now he closed some more distance between us but kept his hands to himself. He looked like heaven in that white shirt. The gold chain around his neck and over his collarbone gave off a subtle shine similiar to his honey brown eyes.