17 - Sinful Combination (Edited POV)

"Are the invitations of the coronation out ?" I asked, taking a sip of tea. We were sitting at the sofa over at the Jharokha which awfully reminded of the events that took place two days ago. It was no different from the Rana Haveli except for the view and flowers. Here, the Jharokha overlooked my town, the Capital Somm and not endless woods. There were more than just red roses lined at the balcony, I had a terrace garden.

I wondered what might've happened after. Wondered who saw him in that state first. Wondered when he might've woke up from that deep slumber I had pushed him in. Wondered what he felt.

If I was in his place, I would've been shattered.

"Yes, Alpha," Said Krishna, placing his empty cup of tea on the tray.

"Let's talk on our way to the courtyard. I have something to take care of." I said, desparate to get out of there. I placed the cup down and straightened the circumference of my lilac coloured ghagra.

"It's sister for you, Brother Krishna. The ceremony is on Monday so most of the guests will be here by friday... how are all the arrangements for their stay coming along ?" The first day in the Haveli as a Queen comprised of going through the security system, Going through the history journals of my family and listing out the important guests to send invitations of the coronation. It was my second day and I already felt how my actions would impact Somm and the wolves of Aryavarta as a whole.

"Everything is almost done sister. I'll inform General Randhir to tighten the security around the perimeter as well." Krishna said. We walked out through the door of my room that lead to the courtyard. I caressed the spines of the books in the bookshelf wall on the way.

"I want everyone on their guard, I want the security and defence awakened from their sleep and redesigned. I don't want a show for all those Alphas and Noblemen to amuse themselves and share their amusement with our enemies later."

"General Randhir is working with the redesigning as we speak. And as for the guests, they'll be under keenest of our eyes."

"Excellent and yes ? No serpents." My voice was stern now, just like my father's as I took a seat on the chair he used to sit. My pet raven took his usual place on the lemon tree that was in the middle of the yard. I always awed at how the tree thrived harsh winters of the state for so many years even after I learned that Dami Ma kept it warm enough to not die when temperatures went down to freezing cold. Before Krishna could say anything, footsteps announced someone's arrival.

"Your Grace, The maids and servants." Rashmi bowed down a little followed by a line of 'Your grace' 'Your majesty' 'My Queen 'Alpha' and whatnot.

"Brother ? I'm trusting you with everything."

"I shall not disappoint you, sister." The Beta of the pack bowed before leaving.

Taking a deep breath, I crossed my arms and looked over at around fifty people.

"The rest are in the hallway in order to not crowd you, Shivanya."

"I have summoned you here to add a simple task to your duties. So you may have heard about the coronation ceremony prior to the official announcement. Am I right ?"

"Yes, Your grace." One young girl said.

"And how is that, Kiran ?"

"The maids were gossiping--"

"Gossip. Of course. The matters in the state are delicate as of now for the King is gone. A lot of people will be here who may potentially become a threat in the near future. There will be Landlords, Alphas of Aryavarta, Noblemen, and even some Alphas from across Deccan. All I want you to do is not gossip. If there is anything you feel worth sharing, I want you to report it to me instead of your companions. You can come to me, Beta Krishna, Gamma Akshat, General Randhir or any of my three Ladies, Lady Rashmi, Lady Surbhi, and Lady Sakhi. Am I clear ?"