[11] It Was All Small Attacks Before

By the time Taehyung arrived home, it was already 8 pm at night. However today, he didn't smell the aroma of dinner being served — all he felt was a cold chill. At first, he thought Y/N hadn't arrived home yet, but as he entered the bedroom, he saw her lying quietly in bed. No need to explain, she must have been treated unfairly today.

 No need to explain, she must have been treated unfairly today

Taehyung walked over and sat on the edge of the bed. Upon sensing the familiar presence, Y/N immediately sat up and hugged him.

"If you want to cry, then cry. You will feel better," Taehyung gently patted Y/N's shoulder.

Y/N had been holding it in all day, but after being comforted by Taehyung, she immediately let go and burst out crying, "Sorry, I promised I wouldn't cry over unworthy things..."

"It's okay, cry...Apart from me, who else would you be able to show your true self too?" Taehyung encouraged. Maybe because Taehyung's hands were so gentle, or maybe because Taehyung was older than Y/N by 7 years and exuded a sense of safety and maturity, Y/N cried in Taehyung's embrace for a long time until no tears were left.

"Better?" Taehyung asked.

"Yep." Y/N freed herself from Taehyung's embrace, "You mustn't have eaten yet, I'll go cook..."

Without doing anything else, Taehyung grabbed hold of Y/N's chin and used all his strength to press his lips firmly against hers. Not only did he want to kiss away her tears, but he also wanted to use this special moment to comfort the hurt woman in his arms.

A kiss...was the best medicine and best painkiller. The couple kissed so passionately, the world felt like it was spinning as they tried to catch their breaths.

"Y/N, I hope that no matter if you are happy or sad, I would be the first person you would turn to. I don't care how many masks you are wearing on the outside, once you are home, we have to face each other truthfully. We should be like a normal married couple. We only need each other." Taehyung wiped away the tears on Y/N's cheek as he stood up, "I've said before, you aren't allowed in the kitchen anymore."

Y/N saw Taehyung turning to leave, so she quickly grabbed onto him, "I need you, I need you right now...I need you to stay with me, hug me, kiss me..."

"I need the energy to kiss you."

Y/N stopped crying, removed her blankets to get out of bed, and held onto Taehyung's hand, "Then I'll keep you company..."

The couple had an enjoyable dinner and showered. After returning to bed, Taehyung leaned against the headboard and read some documents, while Y/N tried to sleep. But no matter what she did, she couldn't fall asleep.

"What's wrong?"

"I can't sleep, can you read me a book?" Y/N peeped out from under the blanket and pleaded Taehyung.

Only in front of Taehyung did she not remain emotionless. She also didn't have to be calm and capable like she was in front of Rose. In front of Taehyung, she was completely a little wife — a wife that needed to be spoiled.