[84] Retreating From The Industry!

"Can't you display some perseverance and show me that you can resolve an issue on your own?" Y/N's voice toughened.

"To be honest sis, I've been thinking about something over the past few days." After a short pause, Jimin continued, "Perhaps, I am better suited to doing something that makes more money. That's why I've decided, after your film is released and I hold my last fan concert on December the 8th, I will announce my retreat from the entertainment industry."

Y/N had actually known from the start that Jimin was not suited for the entertainment industry. This was because he was unwilling to let go of his kind nature, even though he kept encountering darkness.

"Are you certain? I'm sure you know how badly Suzy wants to see you become an evergreen of the music world."

"I'm 100% certain."

One Dahyun and one Suzy was enough for him. He didn't want his love life to be filled with lies and deceit within this materialistic industry.

"If you've chosen a path - whether it's right or wrong - you should continue it until the end."

This was Y/N's best advice. In this world, making a decision wasn't​ the difficult part, making a decision and accepting the consequences was where the true difficulty stood.

"I will arrive on time for the premiere of 'W.H.'. Let me wish you all the best in advance." After speaking, Jimin hung up the phone. He felt a lot more relaxed now that he had made a decision. It was like he had been drowning under water for quite some time and could finally come to the surface to take a deep breath...

...

Suzy was also expected to show her support at the premiere of 'W.H.' as well as the man from earlier.

That night, Y/N leaned into Taehyung's embrace as they read through a book about parenting. At this time, Y/N suddenly said, "Jimin has decided to retreat from the entertainment industry."

"He's persisted for long enough," Taehyung wasn't surprised at all. "He doesn't know how to socialize with others, nor can he let go of his kind nature. There's no suitable path for him in the industry."

"More importantly, if he returns to Park Corps, he can help mom reduce her burden."

"It appears you're hoping for that last part the most so I don't have to work so hard..."

"You could say that," Taehyung nodded straightforwardly. "He picked his own path, so let him walk it himself. Wait until he is covered in injuries and has worn himself out. He will know what to do to protect himself."

"OK," Y/N was convinced by Taehyung because this had always been the path destined for Jimin.

"So, when do you plan to announce that I am pregnant?"

Taehyung put down the parenting book and hugged Y/N, "If I had a choice, I wouldn't want anyone to know. That way, neither you nor the baby would be harassed by others."

"That's not very realistic though..." Y/N couldn't help but laugh. "After all, there are so many eyes on my stomach since it's rumored that I can't fall pregnant."

"Don't talk nonsense. Get some sleep," Taehyung hugged Y/N tightly. Although they had been married for quite some time, his hug was no different from when they first got married.

He would never change, nor did he dare to change.

Because in this lifetime, his life would only be complete if Y/N stayed by his side.

...

Meanwhile, after Jimin decided he'd retreat from the industry, even his footsteps became a lot lighter. After all, the weight on his shoulders had now been removed.