[75] There Will be a Good Show Tomorrow

"There's nothing he can't do!" this was something Elder Kim had always been proud of.

"In that case, why don't you take care of Kim Group for a few months and let President Kim come act?" Lee Sun Kyun tried to suggest.

"You wish!" Elder Kim scoffed. Who was he kidding? It hadn't been easy for him to brush off his business to Taehyung. There was no way he'd stick his fingers back in. "Kim Group can only be managed by Taehyung, my brain can no longer handle it...All I can do these days is act."

Lee Sun Kyun smiled and did not say another word. The old man had definitely gotten a lot lazier. However, it couldn't be denied that he had built up the entire Kim Empire with his own hands. Those few years in Seoul were his glory years. But, after many years enjoying life with his grandchildren with no cares, the ambition he once had, had long faded. Yet, his brain was still one that not everyone could compete with.

"From the sounds of it, you've decided to acknowledge this granddaughter-in-law of yours?"

"Acknowledge? I haven't seen her true capabilities yet," the old man waved his fan furiously, "Let's wait and see how she performs from now on."

Lee Sun Kyun looked at Elder Kim helplessly. This old man had a stubborn mouth but soft heart. He was already protecting Y/N to this extent, yet he was still denying what he felt.

But that wasn't an issue to linger on, because he had to quickly go find a replacement.

...

"Who is this scruffy old man? Why does Y/N have to follow him around?"

"Are the rumors true, President Kim? If he ends up splitting with Y/N, I will no longer believe in the entertainment industry or love."

"Anything is possible in the filthy entertainment industry. Perhaps Y/N has gone down the wrong path."

"Y/N don't act carelessly. What predicament have you put President Kim in?"

"I refuse to believe that the old man is an investor. Why does Y/N need to wash his clothes and cook for him? What's​ the story behind all this?"

"I wonder how President Kim feels about all this. Does he know about it?"

The public were in an uproar; spreading the rumors like wildfire. Of course, the public had a strong curiosity for the truth. They really wanted to know if Y/N had actually given up on herself and abandoned her pride. Did she really give up on such a great husband to go cater for an old man?

Plenty of media companies made phone calls to Kim Entertainment...

But the PR department simply told them that the rumors were a deliberate attempt at defamation and everything was made up.

Of course, Taehyung saw the news as soon as it came out and his expression darkened. This was not because he believed in the rumors, but because he did not like that the old man had made his wife suffer in such a way.

He had always doted on Y/N, so he barely let her do any housework at home. Yet, this old man was making her wash his clothes and cook for him!

What right did he have? She was his woman! Had he agreed to this?

"President..." Chanyeol couldn't quite read what Taehyung was feeling. Was he angry? He shouldn't be. After all, Y/N was not at fault.

"Forget it. I'll tolerate it for now," Taehyung closed his laptop and tried to contain the fire in his heart.

"What should we do about this matter then?"

"What did Lee Sun Kyun say?" Taehyung asked. It was obvious someone had deliberately leaked the information and the culprit was quite obvious.