239

The media began to gather around Lisa as they ended up standing between Lisa and Jennie.

Although they were all pointing their microphones towards him, all the questions they wanted to ask turned into one simple request, "President Manoban, can you speak a few words?"

Speak a few words? What words were they referring to?

Lisa was surrounded by the reporters, just a few steps away from Jennie. Seeing Jennie subconsciously grab her hip, his expression turned cold. An extremely icy and stern word came from his mouth, "Move!"

The reporter closest to Lisa was so terrified he quickly took a few steps back.

He was too afraid to get any closer. In fact, he was too afraid to even take bigger breaths...

Apart from this, the other reporters gradually cleared a path for Lisa to get to Jennie.

Jennie was a little anxious. She was afraid that Lisa could tell she was unwell. However, how was she to hide from Lisa's eyes?

Lisa ignored everyone and didn't care what they thought. He directly made his way to Jennie and placed his hands on her shoulders. He was so close, his body almost touched hers. He then leaned forward and slowly removed her black coat...

Jennie was slightly uncomfortable. But, everyone could clearly see the bright red blood on her hip...she wasn't unscathed like they originally thought, she was merely enduring the pain.

Lisa did not look Jennie in the face before turning around and saying to the reporters, "If you want to know why, then go ahead and ask!"

The reporters were given a chance to ask their questions, but...no one dared to step forward. His words this time were even more terrifying than when he told them to move.

Lisa looked around and glanced at Qin Yu, "If you don't have questions, I have plenty. Who was the instigator behind Jennie's fall tonight? I will give them one day to confess. Otherwise, I will make their entire family suffer. Just one day, they won't get another chance!"

After speaking these words, he sneered at the reporters, "I assume you don't have questions? In that case, don't ever try to ask again..."

Jennie stood behind. Her face had turned pale from enduring the pain. Most people did not take note, however, there was no way she could hide it from Lisa.

"As for the reporters with evidence against Jennie who are waiting to expose her, I am waiting for you to make a move. Don't forget, I am Jennie's manager." After speaking, Lisa finally turned around, leaned over and carried Jennie in his arms straight past all the reporters. All the reporters including the one from Hua Rong were so shocked they were speechless. None of them had the courage to challenge Lisa!

Suzy had been clinging to Qin Yu ever since leaving the ceremony. She looked down at her and noticed her face had turned pale like a sheet of white paper...

This was because Lisa had given her one day to confess to all that she had done, otherwise, her entire family would not be able to live in peace!

Seeing Qin Yu in a daze, Suzy tried to loosen her grip. Unexpectedly, Qin Yu ended up falling directly to the ground with a lifeless gaze.

It seemed she was frightened to death!

Suzy laughed before boarding the van with Rosé.

Now they could only wait and see if Qin Yu knew what she should do.

How entertaining!

...

Meanwhile, Jennie was lying in Lisa's arms. She didn't feel too much pain when she was sitting and standing earlier, yet now, while she lay in Lisa's arms...the pain was unbearable.

Jennie was enduring so much pain, tears began to roll out of her eyes. Lisa placed her in the van and rushed straight to the hospital.

Along the way, Lisa endlessly ordered Jisoo, "Drive faster."

Jennie wanted to speak, but she had no strength. It wasn't easy to finally reach the hospital. After they arrived, Jennie lay in a stretcher and fell unconscious.

By the time she woke up again, she found herself lying in bed. The hospital room was quiet and dark.

Jennie wanted to sit up, but she discovered her hip was temporarily attached to a brace and she couldn't get out of bed.

Lisa was standing by the window. As soon as he realized Jennie had woken up, he quickly strode over and pressed her against the bed, "Don't move..."

Jennie obediently leaned back down. With her head propped up against the bedhead, she looked at Lisa.

Lisa lowered his head without a word. But after a short moment, he lifted it again. Although he had already suppressed his anger, it wasn't difficult to hear it in his voice, "Can you...can you not endure things like this?"

This was the first time since their marriage that Lisa had spoken to Jennie in an angry tone...

He was truly angry...

Jennie did not respond. The corners of her lips twitched, but she decided not to explain anything as she slowly lay down and turned her back to Lisa.

"Do you know how much it breaks my heart to see you like this?"

Lisa said these words with his back to her. His voice was a lot gentler and sounded a little upset.

Jennie did not move. But, Lisa sat down on the edge of the bed and placed his arms around her.

Jennie took the opportunity to hug Lisa's arm. After quite some time, she finally spoke in a raspy voice, "It's not that I wanted to let the incident pass or let the culprit go; I'm not that generous. I don't care about the fate of others. I was simply worried that you'd be worried...Not too long ago, I simply cut myself a little and your heart ached so much. If I was to be sent directly to the hospital...how hard would it be on you?"

"I wanted to endure it. At least until I got home and could tell you about it."

Lisa did not respond. He lay down and hugged her from behind.

Jennie wasn't originally emotional, but she suddenly burst out crying, "You were really fierce just a moment ago..."

"It wasn't on purpose," Lisa immediately comforted the woman in his arms, "From now on I won't act fierce towards you."

Jennie cried for a little while before turning around and laying her head on Lisa's chest; only then did she feel a sense of security.

"Your hip is injured. You will need to rest for at least half a month. You won't be able to continue your shoots and all your work will temporarily be put on hold."

"OK," this time, Jennie wasn't stubborn as she nodded her head. She was afraid if she was stubborn again, it would create another burden for Lisa, "But, I want to recover at home."

"I'll go ask the doctor." After speaking, Lisa stood up and let Rosé and Suzy into the room.

"Poor thing..." Rosé leaned against Jennie's bed. Just the thought of how Jennie fell off the stage sent shivers down her spine. Meanwhile, Suzy looked intimidatingly at Jennie with her arms crossed.

"I already told you...you wouldn't be able to hide anything from him...it's impossible..." Suzy sighed. "President Manoban is truly angry this time. Because you are hurt, the entire entertainment industry will suffer as well..."

"Even I have a lingering fear in my heart from the thought of you falling off the stage, let alone President Manoban."

"I'm fine."

"Get some rest. There will be a good show tomorrow," Suzy winked. "It's unavoidable, who told them to hurt the president's most loved. Now, they can only admit to being out of luck."

"Stop talking nonsense. Hurry home, get some rest and take your trophy with you," Jennie grumbled at Suzy.