312

"How's that possible? You're President Manoban's girlfriend."

"This film has such a great script and such a high-quality production team. An opportunity like this is rare. If you were given the choice, would you agree to act in it?"

Hearing this particular reporter's question, Jennie slightly raised her eyebrows.

"President Manoban is your manager, after all. There's no way he wouldn't consider using one of his own artists first."

The reporter's voice was loud and direct. Words like this, when heard by the production team, naturally made them a bit uncomfortable.

"I believe..."

"I believe the reporter that asked such a question mustn't have graduated from journalism," a clear and crisp voice cut in from behind Jennie mid-sentence, carrying with it a tone that was powerful and domineering.

Jennie turned around to find Yue Shanshan was approaching her side to help her answer questions, "The President Manoban I know has always been fair and just. He has never been one to implicate his personal life with business."

"Plus, don't take advantage of the fact that her boyfriend isn't around, to bully her."

On the surface, Yue Shanshan appeared to be helping her out of a sticky situation...

However, to Jennie, these words were somewhat prickly to her ears.

This discomfort did not show on Jennie's face though. She simply maintained her smile and said to the media, "President Manoban's every decision has gone through careful consideration and is the most suitable for everyone. As for my appearance today, it was simply because of my appreciation for 'Stupid'. As I am well acquainted with the screenwriter, I thought I'd show some support; no other reason."

After she spoke, she did not wait for the reporters or Yue Shanshan to respond. She simply turned towards the exit and left.

It was obvious to see, Jennie didn't intend to accept Yue Shanshan's gesture of goodwill.

Because underneath the surface, what Yue Shanshan truly meant to say was: Are you guys joking? Even if Lisa was to boost his girlfriend, he wouldn't choose a clueless model.

Does she even know what acting is?"

Stick to the runway where you belong and stop dabbling in everything.

Especially when such a big project is involved.

"Jennie just left?"

"Yue Shanshan was nice enough to help her out and she didn't even bother to say a word of thank you."

Yue Shanshan listened to the reporters' discussions. "What do you guys know? The truth must be, she went to beg President Manoban for the role, but he didn't give it to her, so she is slightly upset," her eyes carried a trace of darkness as she turned to leave. Although what she said was just for show, she couldn't deny that she slightly meant it.

Jennie was Lisa's woman. If she wanted to put ideas in his mind, it was much too easy. Moreover, if a model with no experience in acting got involved with this film, wouldn't that be treating all the hardworking actors like a joke?

After the press release was finished, Yue Shanshan left the venue with her assistant. However, they ran into J-King in the parking lot. Yue Shanshan carefully boarded J-King's car and asked, "Why are you here? I've already done what you told me to do. The reporters witnessed the disagreement between Jennie and I."

"You sure are capable," J-King praised. "You only have a hundred or so scenes to play out, hold in there."

"If you don't want Lisa to find out, you better stop appearing in front of me," Yue Shanshan warned before throwing open the car door and leaving.