374

"I heard the female lead has been decided...Did you guys hear about it?"

"That's impossible! Half the candidates haven't auditioned yet."

"It's true. I have a relative in the production crew. According to my relative, the female lead has been set..."

"Who was chosen? It must be Gu Heng, right?"

The remaining candidates slowly heard of the news. As for the people called in for auditions, they were all notified by Wei An's assistant that they were only auditioning for the supporting role. But, even if it was just a supporting role, they still competed fiercely. After all, even an extra in Wei An's films had a chance of making a breakthrough.

Everyone assumed Gu Heng had been chosen as the female lead, including Gu Heng herself. After all, fighter roles were practically made for her. Looking at all the candidates, her chances were definitely the highest.

However, to her surprise, that very night her manager was notified by the production crew that Jennie had secured the role of female lead and asked if Gu Heng would like to play the role of her older sister.

"How many benefits did Manoban Entertainment bribe Wei An with?" Gu Heng stood under a crystal light as she crossed her arms and questioned her manager.

"From what I heard, Wei An has already sent Jennie her contract. Heng Jie, I suggest we take the role, even if it is just a supporting character. Firstly, this is a rare opportunity, and secondly, you can prove that you are a thousand times better than Jennie."

"Of course I'll take the role," Gu Heng closed her eyes and took a deep breath. If not for anything else, she had to at least do it for the male lead of the film. Because the male lead was her boyfriend, Bai Qiusheng, a famous martial arts actor in China.

They had made a promise to each other that they'd try their best for the roles of male and female lead. But, while Bai Qiusheng's role was secured, her role had been snatched from right under her nose!

"Heng Jie, don't be upset. The most important thing is being able to act in one of Wei An's films..." her manager comforted.

"What's the point of saying all this? Who told your PR methods to not be as good as Manoban Entertainment's?" Gu Heng turned around and clenched the back of the sofa she was sitting on frustratedly. "Forget it. You can't be completely to blame. After all, we are up against Lisa. It would be a surprise if you actually beat him!"

Deep down, Gu Heng assumed that Jennie had secured the role purely because of Manoban Entertainment's effective PR and Lisa's influence. She did not consider for a moment that Jennie actually had the skills.

After all, who would want to admit defeat in front of a newcomer?

...

Jennie secured the role as she hoped, but Lisa was completely heartbroken. As soon as she returned home, he applied every single ointment prescribed by the doctor onto her body.

Jennie was sitting on the sofa at the time. Seeing that Lisa was quiet, she tried to comfort him, "It's a little difficult at the beginning, but after I get over this hurdle, things will be a lot easier. These are just small injuries anyway."

In reality, Jennie's every move today was taught by Lisa. So, he was well aware of how badly she was hurt.

"When I was going through your contract with Wei An this afternoon, we came to an agreement that you'd return directly home after filming every day," Lisa said as he lifted his head, "At night, I'll help you rehearse and teach you your fight scenes. I don't trust in anyone else."