357

Late at night in the Kim Family home, Mother Kim was tidying her belongings.

Seeing this, Father Kim asked curiously as he removed his white coat, "Why are you suddenly packing away all your jewelry?"

"Joong-ki, I've arranged to go away with some friends for a few days, if you need anything, give the housekeeper a call," Mother Kim replied as she put down the items in her hands.

"OK. I just finished doing a few big surgeries today. I'm feeling a little tired, so I'm going to go have a bath," Father Kim gently hugged her by the shoulders and added, "Have fun."

"I will," Mother Kim nodded as she held back her tears.

"I heard about what happened earlier today with Nancy. She's still young, don't mind her."

She had heard these same words for the last 20 odd years and endured it until now. But, when her tolerance could not be exchanged for understanding and gratefulness, she realized, all along, she had merely been a joke in their eyes.

"Hurry and have a bath. You've worked hard all day," Mother K said as she pushed her husband into the bathroom.

After returning to her dressing table and sitting in front of the mirror, she discovered she had grown a few strands of white hair. It seemed, a person's appearance was indeed easy to age...

No one noticed any abnormality with Mother Kim except Taehyung. Early the next morning, he noticed her eyes were red and caringly asked, " Auntie, are you sick?"

"No, I'm fine. I got something in my eye yesterday and after I woke up this morning it had turned red. I'll go see a doctor later," Mother Kim explained.

"As long as you're OK."

"By the way, I'll be going away for a few days. Take care of your father while I'm gone."

Taehyung nodded his head casually. Afterwards, he watched as Mother Kim walked directly out the front door without turning back.

After leaving the Kim Family home, Mother Kim headed straight for Manoban Entertainment.

Although Jennie said she didn't want to see her mother, she still turned up at the office, nice and early, with Lisa. Lisa dealt with business while she looked through her script. But Lisa could tell that Jennie both hated and pitied her mother.

"President, Mother Kim has arrived," Jisoo knocked on the door and notified Lisa with respect.

So Lisa stood up and walked over to Jennie, "Let's go."

Jennie put down the script in her hands and entered the VIP room. Mother Kim was already sitting on the sofa inside and looked a little worn out.

"Lisa...Continue with your work, I'll be fine."

Since Jennie did not want to acknowledge her mother, Lisa wasn't going to treat her as his mother-in-law either. Knowing that Jennie didn't want him to stay around and feel awkward, he simply nodded his head, turned around and left the room.

"Jenjen..."

"Why did you come looking for me?" Jennie's voice sounded distant and cold. But, Mother Kim had long grown accustomed to this treatment, so she didn't mind. Instead, she grabbed onto Jennie's hands and replied, "I was thinking about how you got married without any dowry, so I brought some for you. Now that you are married to Lisa, I know you can get whatever you want. But, take this as a small token of my blessings for you. You can do whatever you want with it," Mother Lisa forced her jewelry box into Jennie's hands. "By the way, how are your injuries?"

"They were just small scratches," Jennie replied bluntly.

"That's good to hear. Nancy was too cruel." As she spoke, Mother Kim stretched out her hand to touch Jennie's face. But just as her hand got near, she pulled it back again, "OK, that's enough. I got to see you like I wanted to. From now on, I hope the two of you will enjoy a happy life together. I'm going to leave now."