382

Everyone waited patiently for Bai Qiusheng to pull his last move. However, he did not show any signs of action for two days. Although he still expressed his dissatisfaction towards the cast, he was not persistent with it.

With the help of Manoban Entertainment's PR, filming eventually continued as usual.

Although Jennie had experienced a slight distraction, after changing her phone number, her life also returned to normal.

All this was thanks to the power that Lisa had. As a result, Bai Qiusheng realized, if he didn't make a move soon, the entire incident would eventually be swept under the rug by Manoban Entertainment.

So, that night, while Jennie was waiting to film her scene, a visitor appeared on set claiming to be Bai Qiusheng's friend. The friend asked Jennie for the whereabouts of Bai Qiusheng, so she casually pointed to where he was filming a fight scene. The friend thankfully nodded his head and disappeared from sight.

Jennie had a feeling something wasn't right, but she couldn't figure out what it was. So, when Song Yanshu returned to her side, she whispered some instructions into her ear and Song Yanshu swiftly left.

Although Jennie couldn't pinpoint the problem, her instincts were strong. Why would someone visit at this time?

Of course, she couldn't directly pull the man over and interrogate him. So, she had to be careful in her investigation, in case she was overreacting.

However, this simple exchange with a stranger was enough to trigger the trap that Bai Qiusheng had laid out...

1am, a huge news once again stirred up the entire entertainment industry. The actor, Bai Qiusheng, had been attacked and was in a coma at the hospital!

As soon as the crew of 'The Lost Relative' received news of the incident, Wei An immediately rushed to the hospital. Meanwhile, Bai Qiusheng's management agency tried their best to contain the news.

"What happened?" By the time that Wei An arrived at the hospital, all he saw was Bai Qiusheng's manager sitting on a chair covered in blood. He appeared to have undergone quite a battle.

"Director Wei, after returning from the set, someone was unexpectedly waiting to ambush Qiusheng at home. Originally, Qiusheng's skills were enough to fend the culprit off. But, because he was trying to protect me, he ended up being stabbed. He was just sent into the emergency room. This is a phone that the culprit dropped. Inside, I found Jennie's phone number."

The manager handed the bloody phone to Wei An.

Wei An furrowed his brows. He suddenly realized what was going on. The 'help' that Bai Qiusheng said he was going to provide, turned out to be a self-scripted, self-directed act.

Since he had no hesitation in arranging his own injury, it was clear to see how calculative he was. A simple car accident was definitely not enough to scare him away.

"I will investigate this matter thoroughly," Wei An said to Bai Qiusheng's manager. "But before I find out the truth, don't tell the media anything. After all, this matter does not benefit Qiusheng."

"I understand. However, I feel bad for Qiusheng. We only spoke the truth, yet we were attacked. Can the Manoban Family do whatever they want? Is there no longer any justice?"

Wei An held back his disgust towards Bai Qiusheng and patted the manager on his shoulder, "Don't worry, I will get justice for him."

"I hope so. Otherwise, our agency definitely won't let Manoban Entertainment get away with it!"

After comforting Bai Qiusheng's manager, Wei An instructed the assistant director and a couple of staff to stay at the hospital. His intention was for them to keep an eye on Bai Qiusheng's every move. Afterwards, he contacted Lisa and warned him about Bai Qiusheng's intention to slander Jennie. He also explained Bai Qiusheng's entire plan to both the grandfather and grandson.