334

"What happened?" Lisa asked quietly after he and Jennie reached a quiet spot.

Jennie gripped tightly to the corner of Lisa's shirt and replied with a complex look in her eyes, "It seems he wants to get revenge for Kim Jongin. The wife of Director Zheng is Jongin's mother and the two of them seem to be on good terms with Elder Zhang."

Plus, with her status, being bullied at an event like this, was a common occurrence. After all, her career wasn't well established yet and she hadn't done anything particularly deserving of respect.

Lisa looked carefully into Jennie's eyes before he grabbed hold of her right hand and said, "Hold on tightly..."

Jennie looked down at their intertwined hands and finally felt a lot more relaxed.

After they returned to the ballroom, everyone looked at Jennie in a different light. Lisa had already protected Jennie in the open and behind-the-scenes for quite some time, but this was the first time he did it at such a big-scale event. Not too long ago, he had announced her relationship with him, this time, he had made everyone aware of her status.

Jennie watched as Lisa conversed with others; she watched as he dodged and avoided difficult questions that were thrown his way. She found herself tightening her grip on Lisa's hand.

In this icy cold industry; this industry driven by profits; there was still a man willing to hold onto her hand through all the darkness. Above all, he sheltered her from the storm and guided her in the right direction. Jennie felt, in this lifetime, even if she had to give up her life for Lisa, she would do it without regrets.

Feeling his hand had almost lost circulation from Jennie's tight grip, Lisa lowered his head and looked at their hands. He then whispered into Jennie's ear, "How tight are you holding my hand?"

At this moment, the couple were standing right beside the fountain, in the most noticeable spot.

Jennie leaned against Lisa's shoulder and replied with a raspy voice, "I'm afraid you'd let go..."

Everyone was gossiping about her with mixed opinions, but this man remained as the only person she could rely on.

Lisa turned his body so he could be face-to-face with Jennie. In front of everyone, he grabbed onto her hands, "I suddenly have the urge to kiss you." Lisa didn't just say it - he immediately pulled her towards him and put his words into action...

Everyone gasped. Never would anyone have imagined, these two would be so affectionate even at someone else's wedding.

"Oh God...look, look, they're kissing!"

"They can't even control themselves at a place like this. It must be true love, right?"

"Although I don't want to admit it, it seems our almighty President Manoban has indeed been won over by this model. I don't know how to feel about it, but let's have a few more drinks to lighten the mood."

Lisa's intention was simple: he wanted those that were envious of Jennie to feel even more envious and he wanted to give a slap to the face to those that thought their relationship was just for show!

Afterwards, the newlywed couple approached Lisa and Jennie with a warm smile.

Yu Feng wrapped his arm around his bride and said to the couple, "President Manoban, this is our wedding. Leave us a bit of the spotlight..."

"Feng Ge, I am so sorry," Jennie grabbed a glass of champagne, ready to offer her apologies with a drink. But, Yu Feng simply chuckled.

"I've been in Manoban Entertainment for many years, but I've never seen President Manoban protect someone to this extent. The world is filled with turmoil, you should familiarize yourself with it. Events like this are aplenty...I suppose you don't want the President to become completely exhausted."