338

"I trust you've already made the decision for me," Jennie said in seriousness as she looked at Lisa, "Plus, I'm sure it is the most suitable decision."

"I've accepted a role for you that I'm sure you will like. But...it is a supporting character."

Jennie smiled as she held onto Mo Ting's hands tighter; in this entire world, only Lisa understood her.

He understood that she liked doing things the honest way and he understood that she was afraid of being framed and banned. That's why he chose to help her start from the bottom as a supporting character. He also understood that she was desperate to improve her acting skills. All this, he knew.

"I don't care whether I'm a supporting character or not, As long as I am the main character in your life, nothing else matters. After all...you will stay by my side for the rest of my life, right?"

Lisa carried her in his arms towards the car. His originally stern and good looking face had now turned unusually soft, "Mrs. Manoban, we are about to announce our marriage. Don't you think it's too late for you to ask a question like this?"

Jennie smiled slightly.

After boarding the car, Lisa peacefully leaned into Jennie's embrace.

As soon as they arrived home, Lisa handed her the script from the new film. With one glance, Jennie fell in love with the character.

The film was called 'Hidden Expert'. It was set during the Yue Dynasty and was about a warlord. Due to competition within the kingdom, the warlord almost died in the hands of his own twin brother, so after recovering from his injuries, he decided to hide-out in the forest. It was not until many years later that he finally returned to the palace and retrieved what was rightfully his. As for Jennie, she would be playing the role of a trouble-making girl disguised as a boy. Her character was spoilt and lazy and followed the lord for many years. In the end, she stands in the way of a sword to protect the lord and ends up dying...

A girl dressed as a boy, who was also a troublemaker...

Most important of all was the male lead...

Jennie looked doubtfully at Lisa, "Acting with him will put a lot of pressure on me."

"But the opportunity is rare..."

Lisa was already set on his decision. He wanted to give Jennie a chance to improve her acting. So...even if she had to act with an actor with a weird personality, he was still determined.

Jennie looked at the character; it definitely struck her fancy. So, in the end, she answered, "I'll do it."

...

Over the next few days, the words, 'Jennie's acting ability', stuck to the top of search rankings. This was due to the circulation of Jennie's audition video. Of course, having her acting ability proven was definitely a good thing, but it also created a lot of problems. For example, exaggeration was a huge problem, especially from fans. At times like this, it was easy for someone to use this against her.

Jennie knew this better than anyone, because she had once done something similar to Krystal.

Right at this moment, for example, someone was comparing her to a few big names in the industry and creating enemies for her; those in the limelight always attracted problems.

Not long after, 'Gunshot' officially announced that they would be casting Zhang Yidan as their female lead. The funny thing was, everyone already knew that Jennie had rejected the role.

Everyone started making assumptions. According to Manoban Entertainment's background and capabilities, obtaining the best resources for Jennie wouldn't be difficult - even if it meant sending her to Hollywood.