Chapter nine: A friend in need

Sorn: "Y/N? Is BTS in your house? I clearly heard Jin and Namjoon their names."

My eyes widened immediately after hearing that sentence. She heard everything! My stepbrothers didn't noticed my reaction and continued cleaning the table while laughing at Namjoon's clumsiness.

Sorn: "Y/N? Are you still there?"

You: "Wait a second..."

I quickly stood up, the attention turned to me now. Only Yoongi, J-hope and Jin were still in the dining room. I put my hand on my phone, making sure Sorn couldn't hear me.

You: "Sorn doesn't understand something from our homework. I'l going to my room and explain it to her. Is that fine?"

Jin: "It's okay, you can go. Just don't stay in your room the whole night."

I nodded and left the room in a hurry. I've never reached the first floor so fast in my life, I sprinted upstairs like my life depended on it. I didn't made it yet to my bedroom. I stopped my tracks in the hallway.

Sorn: "Y/N? What's taking so long?"

You: "I'm here."

Sorn: "Tell me, was it BTS? Are they in your house? I clearly heard Namjoon's and Jin's names."

I leaned against the while, letting out a deep sigh. I should tell her the truth, I can't come up with a lie. And if I would tell her one, it would only become worser when I would finally tell her the truth. It's a good moment to tell her. I think...

You: "Sorn I haven't been completely honest with Eunbin, Yeeun and you."

Sorn: "Just tell me what's going on girl. I won't judge you if you didn't told us everything that's going on in your life. We just met each other."

You: "My mom met a new guy and we moved to this town because he lives here. And my stepdad has seven sons... The guys you all call BTS to be exactly..."

Sorn: "Wait what? They are your stepbrothers? Like for real?"

You: "Unfortunately yes, it's true. I'm sorry that I wasn't honest from the start. I just wanted to make friend on my own terms."

Sorn: "I understand that. You thought that girls wanted to be your friends for the wrong reasons."

You: "Exactly. I hope you're not mad and this can be our secret until I feel ready to tell the others."

Sorn: "Of course I'm not mad. I don't care if they are your stepbrothers or not. We're friends, the rest doesn't matter."

Sorn: "I won't tell anyone about this. It's our secret. I promise."

You: "Thanks Sorn for everything. You're the first person that knows everything. Maybe I tell Eunbin and Yeeun the truth tomorrow."

Sorn: "I support you, no matter what you decide. You don't have to be scared of their reaction, they won't be mad at all. I need to go now. My mom is calling me for dinner. Thank you again for being honest with me, I won't tell anyone. Don't forget to send a picture of that exercise. You're the best! I'll see you tomorrow at school!"

You: "Have a nice dinner. I won't forget it! See you tomorrow!"

Our call ended, a smile formed on my face. Why was I scared of their reaction? They're so kind, since day one. I should tell Eunbin and Yeeun the truth as well, as soon as possible. Maybe I should tell them the truth at Sorn her place? Yes, I'll do that! I pushed myself up, away from the wall ad walked further in the direction of my room. Until a voice stopped me...