Chapter forty-nine: The long awaited confession

Those words triggered something inside me. Flashbacks rushed through my mind with them. The many conversations about them telling me to let my feelings in. That I should tell them what I feel... They are right, this is my last chance to confess to them. I know they like me, I'm the one causing my own insecurities and fears. Not anymore... And with that I ran off, ready to tell them what has been on my mind all this time. Ready to tell them that I love them...

My feet ran as fast as they could, away from everything and everyone. For a moment I forgot everything that happened around me and simply ran forward, not caring about anything else. I passed the library and made my way to the end of the hallway, quickly taking the stairs. I ran downstairs, almost falling since I forgot to take the last step to reach the ground floor. But I didn't had the time to think about it. My mind was fixated on the image of J-hope saying goodbye to the others. My focus was set on one thing and one thing only, stopping J-hope from leaving the school ground. I fastened my pace, even though I thought I couldn't run any faster at this point. My heart was beating like crazy, scared that I'll miss the opportunity to talk to them. Finally, I had reached the end of another long hallway, reaching a back exit door of the school. It's not as big as the main entrance, where they stood while they were talking with the headmaster, but it's still frequently used. 

I opened one of the doors, the right one to be precise and made my way outside. Immediately I was greeted with the heavy rainfall outside, drop after drop fell on my body. There's no shelter here, unlike the main entrance. My head turned to the left side. There I saw J-hope getting into the taxi. The car was parked a few hundred meters away from me. At first, I wanted to scream out his name, but J-hope had closed the door of the car before I could. Plus, the rain also made too much noise, my shouting will not spread over such long distance. Suddenly the front lights of the taxi lighted up, signing that the driver had started the engine. The moment when I was about to take the first step down the stairs, the car started to drive away from the main entrance. At this point I could feel the rain drench more and more into my clothes, it won't take long until I'm completely soaked. 

The taxi drove towards me, it will pass me by if I don't do nothing. My brain needed a few seconds to process that. By the time the car was only a few meters away, I sprinted down those four small steps and ran to the middle of the path where the taxi was driving. The taxi driver had to act quickly, by using his breaks to stop his car abruptly. For a second I closed my eyes, thinking that his reaction would be too slow and that he would run me over. Or that his car would slip because the road was slippery, all caused by this rain. But that didn't happen... When I opened my eyes again the car had stopped right in front of me. There was not much space left between me and that car. The taxi driver was about to step out, but I saw J-hope telling him something and instead he got out.

J-hope: "Y/N?! Are you insane?! What were you thinking, jumping in front of a car like that?! He could've hit you!"

Not even once, the thought had slipped into my mind that my actions were dangerous and reckless. All I could think of was stopping that car, no matter what the price was. I didn't think about the fact that I could get hurt and that I would scare everyone, including the taxi driver. Before J-hope started speaking, my attention went to the other six boys, who were still standing at the main entrance. They saw everything happen and without thinking twice, they ran towards us.

You: "You can't leave J-hope! I'm here to stop you."

I moved my position and hurriedly walked over to his side. My hand reached for the car door that J-hope was also holding. J-hope's clothes were also getting wet from all this rain. My hand grabbed the handle of the door, J-hope fully got out of the taxi, and I closed the door, not willing to let him get in again.