Chapter thirty-seven: Love never doubts, or does it?

You: "Jaehyun?"

Jaehyun: "Y/N! It's good to finally see you again."

Jaehyun quickly walked over to me. He squatted down in front of me. He examined the cast around right ankle. I've never seen him this worried before. 

Jaehyun: "Yah! This looks a lot worse than you've told me."

You: "It's all better really. But how did you know where I was? I've never told you."

Jaehyun: "I called your mom, she told me. You didn't call me back, so I thought your concussion got worse. Your mom told me you were fine and that I could visit you."

You: "I'm so sorry, I completely forgot."

Jaehyun: "I'm so rude. I'm sorry to just barge in like this, without introduction. I'm Jaehyun, you guys used to be Y/N's stepbrothers, right? It's nice to meet you all, Y/N told me a lot about you."

Jaehyun stood up again, while introducing himself, he faced Jin. He was sitting on my left side. Jaehyun extended his hand towards him, waiting for Jin to shake it. Jin shook his hand. Jaehyun did the same with J-hope, but he refused to shake his hand. He ignored it. What's up with him?

You: "Maybe we should go upstairs. I'll show you my room."

Jaehyun: "Sure, then I'll tell you the great news there."

Yoongi: "News? What great news?"

Jaehyun hesitated to tell the news. Is it because it's something personal or because of the way the guys are reacting towards him? 

Jaehyun: "I'm changing schools. I'm starting at your school on Monday."

You: "What? Really? Why? I mean how come?"

So many questions popped up in my head. He's suddenly changing schools... Why? Well, he can do what he wants of course. I just hope he doesn't change for the wrong intentions. We can't be together anymore. 

Jaehyun: "I've never felt myself really good at my new school. When I called your mom, she asked me how I was doing. I told her how I felt about my school, then she gave me the idea of transferring since we know each other. Her idea didn't sound bad to me. I proposed it to my parents, they didn't mind as well since the school is still near our house."

You: "Why don't we talk somewhere else? Come with me, I'll give you a house tour."

I could feel the tension rise inside the room with every word Jaehyun spoke. I was about to stand up, when Namjoon decided to speak.

Namjoon: "A house tour? Shouldn't you rest, instead of walking around in the house?"

You: "It's fine... If I'm going to school on Monday, then I'll have to walk around with my crutches as well."

Jaehyun helped me up from the couch. He gave me the crutches that were laying in front of me on the couch. We both walked out of the living room. The others didn't say a word. Every minute that passed by the tension in the room got more heated. 

+

You: "I'll show you my room..."

I said while walking up the last stair, reaching the top floor. We were reaching the hallway, to where all the rooms were. My room is all at the back. Before we could enter the hallway, Jaehyun stopped me.

Jaehyun: "Wait a second, Y/N. Can we talk about what I just said?"

You: "Sure."

Jaehyun: "Are you mad that I'm transferring to you school, without telling you?"