Chapter forty: The three wishes

Your pov

You: "Yah! Stop teasing me! Aren't you ashamed of yourself, teasing a girl that's walking around with crutches?"

I said after Jaehyun stole my book from me. He held it right above my head. Just far away enough from me so I couldn't reach it. Jaehyun smiled at me. He always liked to tease me like this, back when we were together.

Jaehyun: "I know you like it, when I tease you like this."

I can't deny it. I really like being teased a little bit. It just doesn't feel right anymore with Jaehyun. I still enjoy it, but not for the same reasons as back then. I only want him to tease me as a friend. I know he thinks we can get back together again. But I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

You: "I liked it, when we were younger. I don't like being teased anymore."

Jaehyun: "Should I be straightforward then?"

You: "What do you mean?"

Jaehyun: "Go out with me again."

Jaehyun said that without any hesitation in his voice, staring straight into my eyes. He lowered the book he was holding above my head, just a second ago. My eyes kept staring into his, unable to find good words to express myself.

You: "I told you, that chapter is over in my life. We should stay friends."

I said while lowering my eyes to the book in between us. I gently grabbed it out of his hand, placing it back inside my locker. Since that was the last book that had to be placed into my lover, I closed the locker door afterwards.

Jaehyun: "Is it because of Lucas? Is that the reason why we can't be together anymore?"

You: "What does Lucas has to do with this conversation?"

Jaehyun: "I'm not blind Y/N. I can see that guy is into you. I also heard you two have kissed on a party, a while ago."

You: "Who told you that?"

Jaehyun: "Your friends were very talkative during lunch when you left. So, am I right?"

You: "It's true, that he kissed me at a party. But we talked about it afterwards... We've decided to stay friends. I didn't feel the same as he did."

Jaehyun: "I see... Then what about us?"

You: "To be honest, I don't know. I have to figure out a few things, before I can answer that question."

Jaehyun: "I get it. I guess I'm just scared to lose you again. That's why I want to be with you as soon as possible. I should've realized you wouldn't agree immediately. I'm selfish... I should've considered your feelings as well."

You: "The last thing you are is being selfish, Jaehyun. Believe me."

Jaehyun: "That's sweet of you. I'll wait for you, until you've sorted out your thoughts and feelings."

Time skip, at home

Mom: "I can tell that Jaehyun is already feeling better at this school, then his previous one."

Jaehyun had walked with me to the car, since my mom was picking me up. My mom offered him a ride, but he said his dad would pick him up. I let myself carefully fall onto the couch. I'm exhausted. I'm clearly not used of walking around with crutches all day long. It's more tiring than it seems.