Chapter seventeen: Sleepless night

I quickly passed them and I took place on my lounge seat. Jin gave everyone a drink. The last drink was for me, he gave it to me with a wink. 

Jungkook: "Yah Y/N! Come in the pool with us."

You: "I'll swim later..."

Jin took a seat on the lounge seat next to me. Everyone was enjoying their drinks. I watched Jungkook, Jimin and J-hope swim and play around with each other. For a while I observed Taehyung. He sat there for the whole time at the side of the pool. I could tell that he wasn't paying attention to his surroundings. He just stared at his untouched drink. Is he still thinking about that stupid accident? Maybe I should go ask him. I took a deep breath and I got up from my seat. I walked towards the side of the pool where he was sitting. When I reached him I took a place next to him. My feet and lower part of my legs were in the water, just like his. I finally gained his attention. Taehyung's gaze went from his legs to me head. When our eyes finally met I gave him a slight smile. 

You: "Hey..."

Taehyung: "Hey..."

You: "Are you alright? Why are you here all by yourself?"

Taehyung: "I just wanted some time alone with myself... and my thoughts..."

You: "I'll see... Maybe I should leave you alone then."

I lifted one leg back up, out of the water. But before I had a chance to get up Taehyung gently grabbed my wrist. Our eyes met again. I placed my right leg back into the water. 

Taehyung: "Don't go... Please."

You: "I won't leave if you don't want me to."

Taehyung released my wrist. We both sat there, not saying a word to each other, while staring at the water in front of us. Should I say something or do I stay silent? Maybe he just wants my presence next to him and nothing more. But what's on his mind though?

Taehyung: "Can I ask you something Y/N?"

You: "Go ahead."

Taehyung: "Did you ever had a thought on your mind that you shouldn't have?"

You: "I think everyone has been in such a situation. We can't always control what we think or what we feel."

 Taehyung: "Even if it's wrong?"

You: "Even when it's wrong... When I just moved here I also had thoughts I shouldn't have had. I hoped that the relation between our parents would fail, so I could go back home again. To see my best friend since she's the only one that doesn't leave my side. But now I'm happy even though my thoughts were different at the beginning of this journey. I don't know what's on your mind but sometimes you have to think outside of the box. Can I know what's going on? Did something happen at school?"

Taehyung: "Don't worry about me Y/N. The thought will go away eventually I guess..."

You: "If you want to talk about it you know where you can find me."

My attention turned to the boys laughing a bit further away. J-hope noticed us at the side of the pool so he swam to us. 

J-hope: "Y/N why don't you come in the pool? The water is really nice."

I agreed with it by letting myself slide into the water since J-hope kept begging. The water was indeed nice. I turned myself to Taehyung. I took his drink out of his hand and placed it next to him. Then I took his hand and dragged him into the pool.