Chapter twenty-four: Worse kind of hurt

You: "You want to break up with him?"

Mom: "I think it's for the best, marriage is something different than being in a relationship."

You: "That's true but maybe you just need some more time... But if you think you won't be happy with him, then it's indeed the best idea to call everything off now. 

Mom: "He really loves me. The other men I've dated were only after my money. He's different since we're doing the same job. He also has been married before."

You: "I know... His wife died a few years ago because she was sick."

Mom: "He told you that? Because it's a really sensitive topic to talk about for him."

You: "Actually Taehyung was the one that told me about her."

I can tell that they all have a hard time because of her dead. Even j-Jin mentioned her on the rooftop earlier. I can't imagine how their dad must feel about it. Maybe his work was a distraction, just like how it was for my mom when my dad left us. 

Mom: "It seems like we're moving again soon. I promise you that this is the last time that we need to move."

You: "Are we going back?"

When that thought flew through my mind my body shivered. It felt like someone was stabbing my heart over and over again. The moment with Jin on the rooftop played again in my head. Him asking me, no practically begging me to not leave them alone.  

Mom: "Is something wrong? Don't you want to leave? I thought you would be thrilled to go back."

You: "I am... But I made some friends here in such a short time. I don't want to leave them."

Mom: "I get that... Why don't we live here for a while then? I still have some business here to handle."

You: "For how long?"

Mom: "For a few months. You can finish your year here at school if you would like that? We can move home afterwards."

You: "Okay..."

Time skip, the next day, at breakfast

Yesterday we came back from the mall very late. I went straight to my room, avoiding contact with anyone. Since then I haven't seen my mom. Did she told him already? I don't know yet... I will see or hear it soon. I entered the dining room. The table was already set and I could tell that my mom and stepdad would eat with us. Two more plates were placed on the table. I think that they've talked, otherwise they would have been off to work already. 

You: "Good morning Jin."

Jin: "Good morning Y/N."

You: "Do you need some help?"

Jin: "No need, Taehyung is coming with the rest."

My mom and stepdad were eventually the last ones to enter the dining room. We were peacefully eating breakfast when suddenly our parents asked for our attention. I guess this is the moment... They're going to tell it.

Stepdad: "We have to announce something to you all."

Namjoon: "What is it about? Are you going on another business trip soon?"

Stepdad: "No, it's about something else actually. We had a long conversation this whole night... And we decided to break up."

The room went completely silent after he said that sentence. It didn't took long before Taehyung stood up, storming out of the room. Yoongi did the same shortly afterwards.