Chapter forty-two: Hidden emotions of all kind

That was the last thing he said, before walking out of the door. He didn't close the door, so I was able to hear when Taehyung left the apartment. A groan left my mouth, now I was the frustrated one. Every time, I tell myself I should stay away from them. In the end, I drag myself into a deeper mess.

Jin's pov

I just made myself ready for the day. I was walking down the stairs, on my way to the kitchen to make some breakfast. Taehyung walked inside the house, entering through the front door. My movements stopped, halting halfway on the stairs.

Jin: "Where are you coming from?"

Taehyung: "I was out... Went for a ride with my bike. Something wrong with that?"

Jin: "No, of course not. You weren't here for dinner as well yesterday. Did you return home late?"

I asked Taehyung while he was taking off his shoes. I was still standing on the exact same spot on the stairs. Taehyung seemed a bit frustrated. I couldn't tell if he had this mood already, or he became this way because of all my questions.

Taehyung: "I was out for a ride with my bike as well yesterday. It was late when I came home."

Jin: "I see... Did you went out to clear your thoughts? Maybe we can go together next time? I can use it too."

Taehyung: "I just needed some fresh air, and some alone time. The house is suffocating me lately. So, I'd rather go alone..."

Taehyung said before walking up the stairs. He passed me by, but I decided to continue the conversation. These days everyone seems to live here on his own, not telling each other what we're up to anymore.

Jin: "I'm going to prepare breakfast now. I'll see you in a moment?"

Taehyung: "I don't think so. I'm taking a shower now, then I'm off to school with my bike."

Jin: "You should at least eat something, Taehyung."

Taehyung: "You're not my dad, Jin. I can decide on my own if I'll eat or not. I won't die from skipping breakfast once."

He said while stomping up the stairs. A second later he loudly closed his door, the sound could be heard throughout the whole hallway, upstairs and downstairs. Should I go after him and talk to him? I guess I'll only irritate him some more. I turned myself around, ready to continue my way to the kitchen. Then I heard two familiar voices talking to one another in the hallway underneath me. I could recognize Jimin's and J-hope's voices. They're walked towards the front door, picking up their shoes.

Jin: "Where are you two going?"

J-hope: "We're going to school."

Jin: "This early? Shouldn't you guys eat breakfast fist, before you leave?"

Jimin: "We eat something, don't worry. We really have to go now."

J-hope: "Don't wait for us after school. We'll be staying there longer."

Jin: "Why? What are you guys up to?"

They didn't hear my question. They took their coats and headed outside. Since when are they close again? Well, I'm not complaining but lately J-hope was more on his own, doing his own thing. And now Jimin is aloud to hang out with him again? What's going on? It's like those two were living inside their own world. Just when I was about to walk downstairs, I heard some noises coming from above me. I saw Namjoon running from his room through the hallway. He had some documents in his hands. Maybe he's going to the office?