Chapter 10

After this event, Xu Qingli made sure to be careful and cautious. However, this left a mark in the sensitive Mrs. Mu and Mu Yixuan's hearts at the same time.
Mrs. Mu judged Xu Qingli wrongly, leading Mu Yixi to suffer as a result. Instead, she decided to take care of Mu Yixi personally. Detecting how the female owner of the family had treated the young master kindly and even Xu Qingli had been reprimanded, the other servants didn't dare to neglect at all.
Likewise, Mu Yixuan treated Mu Yixi very nicely too. She always called him big bro whether in front of or behind everyone. She was like his little tail.

Because of the females' attitude in Mu Family, Mu Yixi's status became important.
On a certain morning, Mu Yixi was just resting after he finished studying. Aunt Wang brought him over to see the guests in the living room on the floor below. She said it was Mrs. Mu's order.
Before he reached the first floor, he heard a female voice say calmly, "...He isn't someone you guys should bring out in public. Only you treat him like your legitimate son. Who knows whether he will accept your kind favor in the future? Be careful of raising a thankless wretch..." She said this all high and mightily, seemingly advising Mrs. Mu, but was actually taking pleasure in her misfortune.
"Ruizhen!" Mrs. Mu interrupted her words surprisingly, disregarding her manners. "He's my child. I don't like hearing these words. I hope you won't say that again in the future."
Mu Yixi slightly narrowed his eyes.
When they arrived at the living room, Aunt Wang carried Mu Yixi to Mrs. Mu's side. Mu Yixi's legs were mostly recovered. A family doctor would come everyday to help him do physical therapy. However, he needed someone to help him up and down the stairs. Even more, he couldn't walk for too long.
Mu Yixi longingly called Mrs. Mu 'mother' as he sat next to her. He looked down and pretended to be shy. However, from the corner of his eyes, he saw the woman sitting across Mrs. Mu.
The other party was a noble woman wearing glamorous clothes, and exquisite makeup. Her detailed eyebrows made her look harsh. She seemed to be only a few years older than Mrs. Mu. Right now, she was looking down upon him with a disdainful gaze. A strange and complex smile floated on her lips.
This made Mu Yixi think of Xu Qingli right away because their attitudes were quite similar.
Speaking of, Mu Jiurong didn't just have flings with one woman. Even more, these women weren't that easy to deal with either.

The woman in front of him was Zhong Ruizhen, the eldest young miss of the Zhong Family. She was also one of Mu Jiurong's candidates for marriage. She always liked Mu Jiurong, but because of Fang Zhen's existence, the title of 'Mrs. Mu' slid past her shoulder.
Later on, she married Mu Jiurong's distant older cousin, Feng Kuan. Because the Mu and Feng Family were close business partners, Zhong Ruizhen and Mrs. Mu frequently met as well. Mainly, Zhong Ruizhen came to visit Mrs. Mu. Zhong Ruizhen gave birth to a son, Feng Kun, for the Feng Family.
Unlike Xu Qingli who still wanted to become Mrs. Mu, she just wanted to take pleasure in Mrs. Mu's misfortune. As long as Mrs. Mu was unhappy and didn't live well, she was happy and delighted. Of course, she hid her thoughts deeply in her heart. She normally just acted friendly with Mrs. Mu as well.
In his past life, Mu Yixi didn't like her. Although she treated him quite well, he thought that she was just a sharp and unkind person in general. He didn't think that she held malicious intentions towards Mrs. Mu, up until her son, Feng Kun, became Mu Yixuan's fiance. She instigated Feng Kun to cheat on Mu Yixuan. After Mu Yixuan got pregnant, she was ridiculed and laughed out. The Feng Family didn't admit her child.
Zhong Ruizhen smiled and said to Mu Yixuan, "You can choose whether to give birth to your child or not. After all, Fang Zhen's grandson is just an illegitimate son."
Because of this, Mu Yixuan went to abort her child. During the process, she lost a lot of blood and her uterus had to be cut off. She narrowly escaped death, but she lost the chance to become a mother ever since.
Mu Yixi hated the Mu Family to the core. Seeing how Zhong Ruizhen and Feng Kun abused Mu Yixuan like that, he wanted to beat them up badly. However, Mu Yixuan wouldn't accept his favor. After all, he had something to do with Feng Kun's affair...
"Xiao Xi, call her aunty." Mrs. Mu patted Mu Yixi's head and said this.
Mu Yixi placed his thoughts away and raised his head shyly.
"Heh. Don't make it sound like I'm so old. Mu and Feng Family are close friends. Just call me Miss Zhong just like how Yixuan calls me." Zhong Ruizhen waved her hands and said affectionately as though her look of disdain didn't exist. She even took out a box of chocolate from her bag. It was imported and written in English. "I specially got this for you. It's very expensive, ah. Enjoy it."