Chapter 14

"Mingming is my Third Uncle's son." Mu Yiqi introduced orderly, "Mingming, this is my new big brother, Mu Yixi, and also your big brother. You guys have to get along well." In Mu Yiqi's heart, Mu Yixi was weak while Feng Weiming was aloof. They both needed to be taken care of. Right now, he stood up responsibly.
Mu Jingwei placed his hands behind his back and looked at them in interest. He was pleased with Mu Yiqi's performance. The legal eldest son was taught considerably well.
Feng Weiming said nothing.
Mu Yixi looked shyly at Feng Weiming and softly said, "Hi Mingming." Seeing that Feng Weiming didn't even look at him, he tried to please, when in fact he teased, "You're beautiful. Can I be friends with you?"
That Mu Yiqi immediately revealed an expression as if something bad was going to happen. Feng Weiming was the most beautiful amongst all the children in the Mu Family. This led him to frequently be teased by people the first time they met him. They said that he was like a girl. Therefore, Feng Weiming hated it when people praised him for being beautiful. He wouldn't show that he was unhappy, but he wore a cold and exquisite face. He ignored those who called him beautiful, not even caring that he placed them in an awkward position.

That was how Feng Weiming usually acted. The Mu Family was used to it. Firstly, he was too young, so they couldn't really argue over this issue. The young masters from aristocratic families each had their own distinct personality. It was never good to restrict them too much at a young age. Secondly, because Feng Weiming was Mu Jiuqing's adopted son, Mu Jiuqing had a unique status in the family. Two people would be chosen from the Mu Family every generation. They were in charge of domestic and oversea affairs. Although they were both from the same family, different subfamilies fought and competed. Mu Jingwei was the head of the Mu Family. Because Mu Jingwei and the two generations were strong and powerful, the entire Mu Family looked to Mu Jingwei as the leader of the family. Mu Jiurong was initially set as the new leader of the Mu Family and mainly in charge of domestic affairs.
Accordingly, after the main family picked out the candidates in charge of the domestic affairs, the overseas affairs would be handed to the subfamilies. But the Mu Family's previous generation and person in charge of overseas affairs unexpectedly liked Mu Jiuqing. They insisted on training him into an heir. That way, the main family can be in charge of both domestic and overseas affairs. That way, the main family could be even more powerful. The subfamilies weren't willing to, however. The main family did its best. Mu Jiuqing started living abroad since he was six and received training to become a heir. His performance lit up people's eyes. He won the other competitive candidates from the subfamilies and successfully took over overseas affairs. Compared to Mu Jiurong and his second brother, Mu Jiuan, who fought against each other, Mu Jiuqing was about to thrive on his own, overseas. His support was very important to Mu Jiurong and Mu Jiuan. Mu Jiuqing was twenty-eight years old but didn't plan on marrying at all. He only took in an adopted son, and pampered him very much. As a result, Mu Jiurong and Mu Jiuan ordered their children to get along well with Feng Weiming.
Mu Jingwei and Grandmother Mu had sent their young son abroad early on. They felt bad, so whenever they met him, they tried to make it up to him. They never talked to him loudly. Mu Jiuqing was an adult now, and he didn't need anything. It was rare for him to take in an adopted son. The two elders transferred the regret over to his adopted son, loving and pampering him dearly.
If it weren't for the fact that one could count the number of times Feng Weiming returned domestically, with how much the elders let him have his ways, the children would've been extremely jealous and envious of him. Thankfully, Feng Weiming wasn't unruly nor was he arrogant. He just didn't like to talk, nor did he like to be close to people. Everyone let him do his own thing.
Feng Weiming maintained the basic manners in the Mu Family.
Mu Yixi said the words that Feng Weiming hated the most. Mu Yiqi thought that Feng Weiming would coldly refuse to be his friend. His big brother was weak and sensitive. What if he cried as a result? Mu Yiqi looked worriedly and anxiously at Mu Yixi.
Because of the word "beautiful," Feng Weiming finally turned around to look at Mu Yixi. The stare made Mu Yixi feel as if he was shorter than Feng Weiming for some reason. It was the same exact feeling he felt when he saw Feng Weiming for the first time.
He disliked both the five and twelve years old Feng Weiming.
Mu Yixi looked down.
Feng Weiming looked at him and then at Mu Yiqi quietly. He parted his lips and said in a childish voice, "What are you guys going to do?"
He actually didn't get mad at Mu Yixi, and even more, was interested in what they were going to do?
Mu Yiqi blinked his eyes and replied honestly, "Grandfather is taking us to practice calligraphy."
Feng Weiming expressionly closed the wooden door carved with pine tree patterns and quietly walked in between Mu Yixi and Mu Yiqi. He stared at Mu Yixi, chasing him away with his cold gaze. He wanted him to go away.
Later on, Mu Yixi was sure that Feng Weiming liked Mu Yiqi. It was not his fault.
But right now, Mu Yixi's heart thumped rapidly by Feng Weiming's action. Other people may not understand the reason behind his action, but he knew right then. Feng Weiming was protecting Mu Yiqi. He thought of him as a threat. Mu Yixi didn't know when he had revealed himself. Even Mu Jingwei was unable to see through him for now. He planned on placing him by his side to observe him. However, Feng Weiming seemed to have detected something, walking to Mu Yiqi's side without hesitation.