Chapter 5

Lunch finally rolled around, and Roxanne was with Willow eating lunch so that way she can have energy when she was talking to the new guy. She noticed that she had some time left and then went in search of this mysterious creature that happened to come to her school when she was close to finding her mate. She spotted him in the hallway with Liam and James and waited for them to leave him alone. After a few moments, the two wolves leave him alone and Roxanne finally got enough courage to talk to him. Her wolf was sure that this boy was her mate now that they were alone. She went up to him slowly, still sorta nervous to talk to him since this was the first time that they are gonna be talking.

"Um...hello." Roxanne says nervously.

"Oh hi," The guy says. "I'm Lucas Nightshade, what's your name doll face?" He says with a smile on his face.

"I'm Roxanne Summers."

"Right, you're the police chief's daughter, and the most popular girl at this school."

"How do you know that?" Roxanne says blushing.

"It's not that hard to figure out on how all the other males look at you." Lucas says with a slight growl in his voice.

"Did you just growl?" Roxanne asks.

"Uh no," Lucas says scratching the back of his neck. "Anyways what can I do for you? I know you wanted something because you're the only female that I know that came up to me without being afraid of me or look at me weird."

"I wanted to know if you would want to go somewhere and talk."

"Yea of course, I don't mind."

Lucas was happy that Roxanne came up to him first so he can continue to pursue her without anyone knowing that he was slowly falling for her even though they had just met, and he knew that she was a werewolf so this must mean something for her. For demons they must have permission to do things and since she came up to him first this was her way of becoming interested in him and he can keep trying to be with her no matter how he does it.

"So where are we going to talk?" He asked her.

"I was thinking that we could go find an empty classroom or something where we can be alone I-I mean talk." She says, still blushing.

"That sounds good, lead the way."

Lucas sees her nod and then he follows her to a random closet which had the title of Janitors Closet. He walks in seeing all the stupid cleaning supplies that were in there but was glad that this was a better place to talk than a classroom. He shuts the door behind them and sees her go and stand on the opposite side of the room. He goes and stands near her making sure to not make inappropriate gestures to make her feel uncomfortable.

"So, what do you need to talk to me about Roxanne?" Lucas says softly.

"Um..." She says softly looking away from him clearly scared to say anything.

Roxanne went quiet, unsure on how to tell him that he was her mate, and she could not tell what kind of creature he was. She also couldn't mention the fact that she was a werewolf because what if he was a human then that would really freak him out. She jumps when she felt a hand go on her waist. She looks over and sees that he put his hand there.

"Lucas, why is your hand on my waist?"

"Sorry, I can remove it if you feel uncomfortable. I was just trying to comfort you a little bit cause I can see that your nervous for some reason. You have no reason to be nervous around me Roxanne."

"I actually am a bit nervous." Roxanne says softly.

"Why?"

Roxanne didn't know how to answer and tell him that he was her mate. Usually, humans have a scent but in Newport wolves ruled the city so there was no need to sniff out a human at all. She looked down at her hands not saying anything to him scared to admit anything so she produced the stupidest excuse that she could think of.

"I-I wanted to show you around the school and that I think that your kinda cute too." She says, still blushing and scratching the back of her neck.

She was glad that it was the best excuse that she could produce because she didn't want to say anything that would hurt their newfound bond. She then looks at him and gives him a soft smile hoping to hide the fact that she was scared.

"You think that I'm cute eh." Lucas says with a smirk on his face.

Roxanne didn't say anything but nods, still blushing. She also noticed that he scooted a little bit closer to her. She of course didn't mind it, not one bit. Her wolf leaped in joy at the small but meaningful gesture.

"I'm sorry that I just came right out and said that. I-It was just the first thing that came to my mind, so I just said it."

"That is perfectly ok love, I like someone who speaks their mind. Besides, I find you kinda cute as well."

"Really?"

"Yea of course, you're the most beautiful girl that I have ever seen. If you will allow me, I would like to get to know you more."

"I would love that, Lucas." Roxanne says smiling.

"That would be amazing, thank you."

"For what?" Roxanne says.

"Just for taking interest in me."

"You're welcome, I couldn't let the new guy sink on his first day of school."

Roxanne just smiles softly, just happy to be in this situation, but she's just hoping that he makes a move or something to show that he's interested in her in some way, shape or form.

'Please make a move or do something Lucas, my wolf won't stop whimpering for you and your touch.' Roxanne says hoping that it comes true.