Chapter 13

After lunch was over Willow and Roxanne went to their history class, both of them ready for this exam that they were going to take. Roxanne had to get through this only exam of the day and then it was less than two days before her party. She had to text Lucas to come over later on so that way she could invite him to her party tomorrow and maybe keep her and Rose calm until then.

"Are you ready for this test chica?" Willow asks her best friend smiling softly.

"Oh yes, I can't wait to take this because I am so ready, and I feel good that I am going to ace this test for sure." Roxanne says with a smile on her face.

Willow just shakes her head smiling at her friends excitement at taking a stupid test that they know that they studied for. The two walked in and took their seats waiting for the other students to come into the classroom. After everyone sat down, the teacher then passed out the test that they were supposed to be taking. Once Roxanne received her test and she put her name on it she then began to answer the questions that were on the exam. She finished her exam with 15 minutes of class time left. She used that time to check all her answers so that way she could make sure she answered everything and made sure that the answers were even correct.

School was over a few periods later and Roxanne was buzzing with excitement because her 17th party was tomorrow. She couldn't wait to finally be 17 and be old enough to do a lot of shit. Her favorite is trying to find her mate even though she already found hers. She was going to text Lucas when she got home so that way, she could spend some time with him before tomorrow.

She made it home and saw that her father's staff were setting up for her party. She smiles softly then heads to her room and placed her backpack on the floor near her bed. She then laid down on her bed and slowly drifted off into sleep. She woke up a few moments later to pounding on her bedroom door. She lets out a low growl and gets up, not happy that someone was disturbing her nap. She went to her bedroom door and opened it to reveal her father.

"What do you want dad?" She asks.

"Just want to say that I am still sorry for things that happened last night at dinner."

"Are you really sorry for what happened last night dad or are you just trying to get on my good side?" She asks him.

"I truly am sorry Roxanne."

"Your just lucky that you didn't tell me this shit tomorrow and ruin my birthday party." Roxanne says rolling her eyes.

"Everyone should be done setting up everything by tomorrow. All you have to do is show up with your friends and enjoy yourself."

"I can do that."

"Liam will be here early tomorrow so you two can spend time together before everyone else gets here." Her father tells her.

"Fine, I can do that."

"Good, now how was your day?"

"Are you really going to ask that after the shit you put me through the last few days dad?"

"Point made."

"What the fuck was wrong with mom yesterday?" Roxanne snaps.

"Watch your language young lady," Her dad scolds. "What do you mean by that though?"

"Why didn't she stand up for me at dinner?"

"That's not a question for me to answer, you're going to have to ask her that question."

Roxanne just rolls her eyes at her dad but nods regardless. She knew that she had to ask her mom that same question because it's been plaguing her mind ever since last night.

"Thanks dad, I'll go talk with mom about this because it's been bugging me since things happened last night."

"Just watch how you talk to her because I didn't like how you were speaking to me just now."

"Well, I'm sorry for being pissed off at you for what you brought up to me last night about my stupid arranged marriage to Liam Channing next year when I turn 18 just to get the Alpha position."

"I told you that becoming Alpha is your birthright either way, but you still have to get married to him so that way you can bare pups that have Alpha blood."

"Why couldn't I do that with my mate though?"

"Have you found your mate yet?"

"No not yet, but I will and I also hoping that I do find him soon. What if I find my mate before I get married? What then dad?"

"Then I will think about canceling your marriage, but for right now you will marry Liam Channing and you will bare pups to expand this family. There is no excuse for not doing what I ask of you, and you're not an adult just yet missy."

"Fine, I will do that still. Can you please leave, so that way I can go and talk to mom about things."

Her father just nods and then leaves her room making sure to shut the door behind him. She rubs her face as she groans softly, preparing herself for the talk with her mom. She sighs softly and then left her room in search of her mom. She found her mom in the kitchen directing the workers where to put things. Roxanne smiles softly when her mom noticed her and then comes over to gives her a hug.

"Hi my baby." Her mom says then pulls away.

"Hi momma, do you mind if I ask you something."

"Of course, not sweetheart, let's go sit down and talk."

Roxanne nods smiling softly at her mother. The two of them went and sat down at the table next to each other. Roxanne knew that she had to get this stuff off of her chest before her party tomorrow afternoon.

"What do you need to ask me love?"

"Why didn't you say anything to dad last night?"

"What are you talking about?"

"When dad was telling us about the arranged marriage, why didn't you stand up for me?"

"He's your father sweetheart, I couldn't go against what he wants for us, and for this pack."

"You could've defended me and told him no. You could've done something to stop this from happening to me, your own daughter."

"If I did anything he would hurt me, so when he brought it up to me, I went along with it. That is why I didn't do or say anything."

"Wait, you knew about everything?"

"I had to darling, otherwise I wouldn't have agreed to let him do that."

"You even agreed to it?!" Roxanne exclaimed.

"Baby, I'm sorry."

"Don't mom. I'm going to bed, goodnight."

"Goodnight sweetie."

Roxanne scoffs and then heads back to her room and slams her bedroom door. She went and laid down on her bed hiding her face in her pillow upset. 'I can't believe our own mother knew about this and even agreed to let it happen.' She heard Rose say. Roxanne just nods and then just starts crying out of anger. She hopes that things go great tomorrow at her party so that way she can forget about the hell that she was experiencing.