Chapter 33

Lucas and I made it to school making sure to meet up with Willow and Liam. We all smiled at one another and then I go and stand near Lucas.

"So, what happened yesterday?" Willow asked us.

"What do you mean Willow?"

"My dad heard your dad growling and fighting something."

"Oh, yea my dad and I fought, because he found out that it was me who ratted him out to the elder council. Then my mom found that moon goddess symbol on my left side which really didn't bug me until now."

"Have you researched what it means?"

"Not really no, but my dad said that I've changed and my alpha power has become more god-like so I don't know what that really means. I mean I feel different but that's only because I like to think it's because I've grown since meeting Lucas."

"You have grown since you met him and I am proud of you for that too. If you do have powers, we need to know what they are."

"Yea, I agree. We will see what happens."

I nod, then Lucas takes my hand and I smile softly. We all head inside and head to our lockers so that way we can get the stuff that we need for the morning. We all went our separate ways promising to see each other at lunch to hang out and chill. I headed to homeroom and I found my seat waiting for the teacher to come into the classroom. He finally came in the classroom and something was off about his scent, but he was human but there was something else about him that I couldn't pinpoint.

"Willow." I linked to my best friend.

"What's up Roxanne?"

"My teacher in homeroom isn't a wolf, his scent is human but there's something else about him that I don't get."

"Well keep an eye out for it and let me know what happens."

"I will."

After I shut off the mind link with Willow I focused back on class and listened to what the teacher had to say. In the middle of his lecture, he managed to roll up his sleeve and I spotted a tattoo on his left forearm. I recognized the symbol it was for a local group of wolf hunters. The symbol was a wolf in the scope of a rifle. I've only seen that once when I was with my parents when I was a pup. I have to tell Willow that there is a hunter amongst us and we need to find out if there is more around Newport that are plotting to kill us.

Lunch finally rolled around and I rushed to the table once I got my lunch but making sure not to spill anything on my tray. I met Lucas, Willow and Liam at our usual table and they could probably sense my urgentness of the matter at hand.

"I think that I know what he is." I tell the group.

"What do you think he is?" Willow asks.

"Wait, who the hell are we talking about?" Liam asks.

"Mr. Lockhart, my homeroom teacher." I tell the boys.

"Why the hell are we talking about him?" Lucas asks sounding a bit jealous.

"Baby calm down this is a pack matter and involves the safety of the pack."

"Ok love, that's all you had to say."

"I think that we may have a wolf hunter in our school."

"Isn't like 95% of the school wolves?" Liam asks.

"No there's a small handful of us here, more like 45% are wolves and a part of my pack. We are among humans who know nothing of the supernatural beings that are walking among them." I tell my small group of friends.