Chapter 20

~1 Year Later~
It's been a year since Roxanne met Lucas and they have been dating behind closed doors. No one else knows except Liam and Willow still. They have been so careful to try not to get caught and it's been working, and they have been happy when it's been just the two of them. Roxanne was sitting in her Senior History class daydreaming of Lucas. She snapped out of her thoughts when she felt a piece of paper being thrown at her. She saw that it was from Willow and a smile forms on her face. She opens the piece of paper and saw what she wrote.

'You, ok? You've been spacing out lately.'

Roxanne quickly wrote back her response, 'Been thinking about how happy I am when I'm with Lucas. I almost keep forgetting about what's going to happen in two months after graduation until my stupid father brings it up.'

Roxanne focused on the teacher and the lesson that was being taught at the moment.

Willow wrote back, 'Well just think about Lucas and when it's brought up worry about it than not now.'

Roxanne looks at the note and decides to not reply. She knew Willow was right and just focused on class hoping that she would finally learn something instead of being distracted.

Lunch finally rolled around, and she was sitting with Willow and Liam at their normal table. Her eyes found Lucas who was sitting with the rest of the lacrosse team. Her wolf was whining to be near him. They normally have a lunch rendezvous, but he texted and told her that he didn't want to see her, and it made her and Rose sad. This was the 10th time that he did this to her, and she was starting to get really depressed because of the lack of seeing their mate. He has been ignoring her for two weeks and she was starting to get annoyed by it because she was getting tired of him ignoring her. She played with her food sighing softly.

Willow looks at her gently, "Maybe he's planning something. And he doesn't want to give it away." She spoke looking at her friend. She knew she was upset.

"Our visits during lunch are the best things to happen. I like them, Will. It's one of the only times I get to see him. When it's just the two of us."

"It's ok. Just wish I knew why he did. He's been distant ever since he started to cancel on me two weeks ago. I tried to talk to him and text him, but I got nothing."

Willow nods gently, "I'm sorry."

"It's ok. I hope it's nothing serious."

Willow nods again and eats her lunch. Roxanne finished her lunch and waits for Liam and Willow do they could head to class together.

Willow finishes as well and then got up with her, "Try talking to him before class." She spoke.

"I will try my best to, but I guarantee that he won't."

"You won't know unless you try. Now go, I'll see you in class."

"Ok." Roxanne says softly.

Roxanne looked at the time and smiles seeing that they still had time for lunch. She was hoping that Lucas was still with the lacrosse team or at least by himself. She went in the hallway in order to see if he was there and much to her luck he was there by his open locker. He was also alone, which made everything better so that way they can talk about private matters. She walks up to him a soft smile on her face.

"Lucas, can we talk?" She says to him softly.

"I'm sorry Roxanne, but I've got to go. I'll text you later." He says then shuts his locker.

"No, I want to talk now Lucas." She says with a slight growl in her voice. "You've been avoiding me the last few weeks and it's so unlike you. I don't know what happened, but mates do not do that to one another. I love you and if you say you love me as much as you do, you will talk to me whether you like it or not. I'll be waiting for you at my house later tonight to talk. See you later Lucas." She says then walks away from him.

Roxanne felt better even though Rose was still a little sad about the whole lunch thing for a 10th time, but she understood what was happening and was ok with it. She headed to her next class and sat next to her friend.

"How did things go?"

"He told me he didn't want to talk but I gave him no choice and I told him that I want to talk with him later on tonight."

"I'm glad that you finally put your foot down about that."

"Yea me too. You don't avoid me for two weeks and get away with it."

"Damn girl you're badass."

"Thanks Willow. I just don't know how to deal with this kind of stuff. How do you deal with Liam acting all weird and shit sometimes?"

"You did what I normally do, confront the poor bastard."

Roxanne went through the rest of the day wondering how to start the conversation without getting angry and shifting. She snapped out of her thoughts and focused on what was happening in front of her. She couldn't believe that she was graduating in a few months. She sighs softly because she was going to go to the dance without a date. She was also hoping that Lucas would ask her, and she didn't care who knew about them anymore, she was done hiding.

It was finally the end of the school day and Roxanne heard commotion coming from outside the classroom that she was in. She walked out of the classroom with Willow following behind her. She gave a soft smile when She saw Lucas with Liam. 'Wow they are working together, I'm surprised.' Rose told her. Roxanne chuckles and agrees with her wolf. Roxanne snaps out of her conversation with Rose and looked over at Lucas who was holding some type of sign, and some red roses.

"Lucas, what's this?" Roxanne says to him.

"Roxanne, please let me speak."

"Ok."

"Roxanne I've had a crush on you for god knows how long. Will you do me the honor of becoming my date for the Spring Dance?" Lucas says with a smile on his handsome face.

Roxanne was in shock at what Lucas had just asked her. She had been waiting for months for him to ask her to the Spring Dance. Rose was smiling and happy that they were going to the dance together. She snapped out of her own mind and focused on what was happening in front of her.

"Of course, I would love to go to the dance with you Lucas." Roxanne says with a smile.

She sees Lucas smile and hands her the rose which she gladly accepts. There was cheering all around them and all she could focus on was happening.

"I'll see you later darling." Lucas says then winks.

Roxanne nods, happy that the crowd dispersed after she had said yes. She sighed in content then headed to her locker to gather her stuff for her homework assignments. Once she had done that she went and headed to her car. She got in and headed home hoping that she could avoid her parents who she was still not happy with. She was excited that Lucas was coming over later tonight regardless of what she wanted to talk about with him.

'I hope that more than just talking comes out of tonight and that we have some hot and steamy make up sex.' Rose says clearly smirking knowing how true that was going to be for them tonight.