Chapter 12

Roxanne watches Liam walk over to her and Willow. She didn't want to hear any more about things that had happened last night at dinner. Liam came over with a small smirk plastered on his stupid face.

"What do you want Liam?" Roxanne growls.

"Can we talk?"

"No, we've talked enough about it last night. Please leave me and my best friend alone."

"Please. Roxanne, I want to clear some things up about this whole arranged marriage shit."

Roxanne and Rose weren't too sure that's all her future husband" wanted to do with her. Willow and Roxanne looked between each other, and the pair sighed and nodded at one another, both agreeing to see what this stupid jock wants. Roxanne looks over at Liam, not happy about this at all.

"Fine Liam. I'll talk with you, what do you want?"

"We can't talk here; can we please go somewhere private where we can discuss this further."

Roxanne wasn't too sure if she wanted this conversation to be private. She also didn't want him to try anything stupid that would get his ass kicked.

"Come on Roxanne, please." Liam pleads.

"Ugh fine, but I want to make sure that we are back here before lunch ends."

"Fine by me. Let's go."

Roxanne got up and threw away her stuff from her lunch and made sure that she had her phone on her. She gave Willow a nod and then followed Liam out of the cafeteria. She didn't want this to run long so that way she could go back to her friend. She stayed behind him not saying anything as he led her to an empty classroom. She watches him shut the door behind them, so that way they can clearly be alone. She watched him close the door behind them, so that way they can clearly be alone.

"What do you want Liam? I'm not in the mood for this." Roxanne growls.

"I want to talk about what happened last night at dinner. I didn't expect my father to do that to us. I thought that it was just another meeting between an Alpha and his third. I am so sorry."

"Whatever Liam, it's done. I hope you know that I am just going to marry you just to get my Alpha position and once I get it you and I are going to be getting a divorce." She says harshly to him.

"That is fine by me, I kinda expected it based on how you reacted last night when we got told that."

"You can't tell anyone what I am about to tell you, ok Liam?" She says softly.

"Of course, I also assume that Willow knows already."

"Duh," Roxanne says rolling her eyes. "I already found my mate. I found him a few days ago, but he does know what I am and that I am scared that my parents won't approve."

"Do you know what he is?" Liam asks her.

"No idea, Rose knows that he's not human but he's also not a werewolf. He's something else with no scent. I just can't seem to place it."

"I might be in the same friend group as him, what is his name?"

"Lucas Nightshade, I saw him that day hanging out with you and James at the pier."

"I can look into it for you if you want. Did you tell him about werewolves?"

"I did, and he didn't seem to flip his shit. He seemed to understand and didn't seem to care. He took it like a champ, so I am sure whatever you say to him he will just be cool with it."

"I will talk with him, and I'll see what I can find out."

"Please let me know what's going on and do me a favor please don't tell my father that I already found my mate. It was supposed to be a secret between me and my best friend."

"I won't tell him, or anyone Roxanne. You have my word."

"You better not say anything, or I will call this marriage off and deal with the consequences from my father."

"You need me for you to get your Alpha position, so I guarantee that I won't break your trust and say anything to him about this."

"Thank you so much Liam. Are you ok if I continue to see Lucas behind closed doors?"

"Of course, I don't mind, he is after all your mate. Who am I to tell our future Alpha what to do."

"Damn straight." Roxanne says with a smile on her face.

"I will let you go now, thank you for taking the time to talk with me about this."

"Oh yea of course. Liam, my father wants me to get to know you before the wedding but with everything that is going on with you and me being busy myself. So how do you want to do this?"

"Maybe hang out sometimes at lunch. Only if you want to. Hey, isn't your 17th birthday party tomorrow?" He asks her.

"Yea it is. Your already invited, right?"

"Yea your dad said that I am coming to your party and that I must stay with you at all times. I don't really have to be near you all the time, do I?"

"No, you don't Liam. I was going to maybe duck out of the party at some point I'm going to go and hang out with Lucas for a bit just so that way I can try to get to know him a little bit more than I do now."

"That's ok by me, I'll even cover for you if your dad ever asks about where you are and what you're doing."

"Thank you, Liam, you are so sweet. Whoever your mate is will be one lucky girl. Just do me a favor."

"Anything for you Rox."

"Treat her nice and don't be a dumb jock and fuck shit up with her."

"I won't Roxanne, and don't worry I'll keep my eye on Lucas for you so that way so that way we can find out what Lucas is."

"You are a life saver. Let's head back before they think that you did something to me."

"Yea good idea. If I don't see you before the end of the day, I will see you tomorrow at your party."

"Can you be the first to arrive, so it looks good for you?"

"Oh yea of course I can. Now go ace that history test and make sure you see Lucas later like you did last night."

"You know about that?" She asks shocks.

"Yea I do. I saw him leave the next morning on my way to school."

"Why didn't you say anything to me then?"

"I figured you didn't want anyone to know about it."

"Thanks Liam."

He just nods to her and then they both left the classroom and headed back to the cafeteria where their friends were.

Roxanne couldn't wait for her party and turn 17 so that way she could feel the mate pull a lot more with Lucas than she does now.