Chapter 11

Roxanne made it to school with a lot of free time to catch up with Willow about the shit that happened last night at dinner with her family. She could feel Rose still upset about the whole announcement that her family place upon her last night. Her mind then drifted to this morning when she got to wake up to Lucas next to her. She went to her locker since she had enough time to get what she needed for her classes. She went to her first class and sat next to her best friend who she was happy to see now.

"Will, I've had the craziest night ever." Roxanne says to her best friend.

"Girl you're going to have to tell me at lunch what happened."

"Oh, yea you know it."

Roxanne sees Lucas walk in and she gave him a soft smile and a nod. She then focused on the teacher who began talking. She was glad that she didn't have history until after lunch because that would give her more time to study for this test that she was going to have. She took notes the whole time the teacher was talking, making sure that they were detailed and concise. She did that in her next few classes and then it was time for lunch. She really wanted to be with Lucas, Rose was whimpering cause she wasn't near her mate. Rose understood that it's not the right time or the place to be near him because of everything that they both have going on at the moment. Roxanne got her lunch and found her best friend at their normal table in the lunchroom. She sat across from Willow smiling softly.

"So, tell me what happened last night? You seem pretty upset about whatever did happen." Willow says.

"Liam Channing and his family came over for dinner last night." Roxanne says rolling her eyes.

"No way, what happened?"

"My dad told me that I have to marry him once I turn 18 otherwise, I won't become Alpha. Rose and I are so upset that it's not even funny."

"That is so unfair, you don't even get the chance to find your mate. He's just deciding that Liam will be your mate and that you two will form a bond."

"I 100% agree with that Will, what my dad doesn't know is that I already found my mate and I don't think that he is a werewolf like at all. He doesn't have the scent of a werewolf or a scent of a human."

"So that means that he's something else, but what could that be?" Willow says to her.

"I'm not sure Will, but what is he."

"You're just going to have to get to know him a lot more so that way he can tell you."

"Yea I know, it's Lucas. He's my mate that I was talking about." Roxanne tells her friend quietly.

"Oh, I know. Your secret is safe with me girl, and no one will know until you're ready."

"Thank you, Willow. Oh, and speaking of Lucas, he came over last night after I walked out of dinner and stayed the night with me." Roxanne says blushing.

"That's awesome girl. Did he manage to keep you and Rose calm?"

"Oh yea, calmer than normal and we both liked every minute with him."

"That's good, so what are you going to do now?"

"What do you mean Will?"

"If you're supposed to be married to Liam when you turn 18 but have found your mate, what are you going to do then?"

"I'm going to be in the public eye with Liam, but when I am alone with no one to see I'll be with my true mate and finally be happy. Cause it seems like my dad doesn't give a shit whether I find my mate or not at this point."

"Yea he really doesn't seem to care, I'm sorry Rox. How did your mom take it?"

"She didn't do shit, she sat there not saying anything. I think that's what made me even more pissed. It was the fact that she didn't stand up for me and it looked like she was more subservient to my father than dedicating her life to doing what is right for her own daughter."

"So, forcing your daughter to marry someone who isn't her mate is the right thing to do?"

"Yea, oh my father also said that if I don't marry Liam otherwise, I won't become Alpha."

"Again, that's the most shittest thing that a parent can do to their child. Becoming Alpha is your birthright, not Liam's. It seems that he wants Liam to become Alpha and not you." Willow says to her best friend.

"Yea seems like it, doesn't it? My dad came in my room and apologized for how he sprung it onto us, so I thought that he was going to say that we don't have to do it. No, we had an argument about it, and I said the same thing but he's like I don't want him to become Alpha because it's my birthright but to me that is what it seems like."

"Yea your right on that Roxanne, but we will see when you turn 18 next year. Are you excited for your 17th birthday party tomorrow?"

"Oh yea, one step closer to finding my mate." Roxanne says winking to her best friend.

"Yea that's for sure, speaking of Liam Channing he's coming over this way now."

"Wonder what he wants." Roxanne says with a groan.

"Well go with him Rox and keep me updated on what's going on because everything going on with you and your family right now is really fucked up."

"I agree to that Will. Please stay because right now I don't think I can handle being in the same area with Liam right now."

"Of course, Roxanne, I won't leave until you tell me that it's ok for me too. Just know I'll be here for you no matter what happens."

"Thank you Will, that means so much to me."

Willow nods at her best friend glad that she was loyal to her future Alpha. Well, that was if things worked out as they should. Willow had hoped that her friend would claim her birthright no matter if she got married or not. Roxanne hoped that what Liam wanted was something worth her time and effort otherwise she wasn't going to talk to him at all until it was necessary.

'I hope that we can get out of this.' Rose says to Roxanne because she's so worried about everything that is going on at the moment with her family and pack. Rose just wanted to be with Lucas because that was her mate and she wanted to be with him now no matter what. Here's to hoping indeed.