Chapter 17

Roxanne finally found Liam and gave him a nod acknowledging that he was there. Liam slipped an arm around her waist and Roxanne immediately felt disgusted that it wasn't her mate.

"Trust me I know how you feel. I rather this be Willow." Liam tells her.

"Let's just go do this and please my father."

"Fine by me and you smell like you just mated."

"I did, with Lucas just before I came out here."

"Didn't need to know that."

"You brought it up."

The two of them chuckled knowing that it was true and then they went and found her father who was talking to his beta and his third. His beta having to be Willow's dad and his third being another close friend of theirs who was born in the same bloodline. Roxanne wasn't happy that Liam's parents were joining them in this conversation that clearly was going to be due to the situation at hand. Roxanne didn't want to talk to them because all she wanted to do tonight was spend time with Lucas and she also knew that Liam wanted to spend time with Willow, which is completely understandable.

~Lucas~
Lucas was watching the interaction between Roxanne and the stupid jock Liam. Oliver doesn't like that this mutt was that close to what was theirs and wanted to rip his fucking throat out. He wanted to stay near Roxanne at all times and wanted to make sure that she and her wolf was ok because he knew the situation with her stupid father. He watched as Roxanne, Liam, her father, her father's beta, and Liam's parents go into an office. He turned into a shadow and followed them into the office without them knowing. He then listened into the conversation that was happening inside that room, so he was aware of the situation at hand.

"So, everyone knows why we are gathered here I take it?" Roxanne's' father says.

"We are here to discuss the terms of the engagement between my son and your daughter Alpha, I take it?" Liam's mom says.

~Roxanne~
Roxanne could sense that something different was in the room but refused to believe it but knew that it was something powerful just by the feel of it. She snapped out of it and just focused on the conversation at hand that was between her father and Liam's parents. She was tired of dealing with this and everything that came with it. She just wanted to be happy with Lucas and she knew that Liam wanted to be with Willow.

"You got that right Astrid." Roxanne's father says with a smile on his face.

"So, what's next going forward Alpha?" Jeremy, Liam's dad says.

"Tomorrow morning, we will write and sign a contract saying that this arranged marriage will be official. When these kids turn 18, they will get married, and I will pass down my Alpha title to Roxanne once she graduates." Her father says before looking over at her daughter and Liam. "You two understand?"

"Yes father." Roxanne says.

"Yes Alpha." Liam says softly.

Roxanne could tell that Liam was sad about that because he had found Willow, who was his proper mate. Roxanne was worried for Lucas because she knows how he feels about the whole entire situation and hopes that things work out between the two of them despite this.

"Is everything all set?" Astrid asks Roxanne's father.

"Yes, it is. You guys are dismissed, go enjoy the party."

Everyone nods with a smile, and they all left happy that the party was still going, and no one had left yet. Roxanne stayed back after everyone left cause she knew that something was in the room that was different. Once the door shut Roxanne sat on the edge of the desk.

"Whatever is there please come out of the shadows." Roxanne says hoping that she doesn't look like a crazy person for doing this.

Next thing she knows is that Lucas is standing in front of her. She jumps back yelping softly. She then smiled softly and then ran over and gave him a hug which caused him to stumble back a little bit.

"Easy there love." He says in her ear.

"I am so glad that you're here."

"I heard everything. I am so sorry love."

"How did you hear everything? You weren't even in the room."

"I actually was there sweetheart. I was hiding in the shadows listening to everything that was being said."

"You were in the shadows?"

"Yea, I was. You must've sensed my power baby. Your more powerful than the eye can see little one. Are you sure that your just an Alpha's daughter?"

"Yea, I'm just an alpha's daughter nothing more." Roxanne says softly.

She sees Lucas nod and then pull her close to him. She was now thinking about what Lucas said about being something more than a normal wolf. Her wolf was white for crying out loud with light blue eyes. Normally wolf offspring match their parents and her dad was Black, and her mom was grey so there should've been a mix off the two for her since she was the only child. She was different than most and it was starting to worry her that she was different than everyone in her pack. The only two people who don't mind her being different is her mate and her best friend and she loves them both for it. She snapped out of her thoughts when she felt a nudge against her side and looked over at Lucas who gave her a soft smile.

"You ok babe?" He asks her.

"Uh huh." She says.

"You looked like you were deep in thought."

"I was."

"What were you thinking about?"

"I was just thinking about what you said about me being different. I think that you may be right about that Lucas. My wolf is different than my parents and my senses are more heightened than a normal wolf's. I've been going through different changes than a normal wolf and I don't know how they will impact what I do in the future."

"You're scared of what will happen?"

"Yea I am. I just don't know Lucas." She says softly.

"Well let's not think about it anymore and head back to your party."

Roxanne smiles softly nodding then takes his hand not caring if anyone saw. The two of them then left the office smiling softly.

Roxanne hopes that she can get out of this marriage soon so that way she can finally be happy with her one true mate.