Chapter 34

My mom still doesn't say anything and I think that my grandparents were waiting for an answer and I know that everyone else was waiting for one too. My mom looked at me one last time and I just nod at her. She had to tell them everything that has happened this past year or at least some version of it, because dad has to learn his lesson that when he hurts his family there will be consequences to his actions.

"Please Edythe, tell us what your relationship with David has been like since Roxanne has found her mate." My nana says to her.

My mom looks at her mom with a sad smile then starts her story about her relationship with my dad this past year. "Our relationship is a little bit rocky still and has been since last year when I found out he laid a hand on my daughter. Unlike him I was happy that Roxanne had found her mate and when I found out what he was, it didn't faze me one bit. I love that he's a demon, and that he is willing to do anything to protect my daughter at all costs. David over here didn't like the fact that Roxanne's mate was a demon and tried to show Roxanne what his demon Oliver looks like. He doesn't support the fact that our daughter is happy with her mate and even though I absolutely love your son Ryan and Jacqueline, I think that he needs some time away from the pack and all the stress he has been under." My mom explains.

"Edythe so your saying that he should go to a facility for reeducation on how to treat his family and how wrong it is to set up your daughter with someone else who isn't her mate?" My nana says with a soft smile.

"I think he just needs to relearn family values and what it means to be happy for those around them, so if your calling that re-education then yes he should go."

My grandparents looked over at me and I don't say anything but play with my fingers. I then felt Lucas take my hand and it calmed down my nerves a lot.

"Do you agree with what your mother has to say about your father Roxanne?" Poppa asks me.

"I do. I think that he does need to relearn family values and to re-education. For how long that is up to the council to decide. I have something to talk with y'all about after you have come to your decision about the matter at hand."

The council nodded in acknowledgement and then they looked over at my dad who clearly looked ashamed at what his wife had just admitted. I placed my head on Lucas' shoulder watching as they were talking among themselves.

"Ok so we will be taking a small break so that way we can come to a verdict on what we think we should do with David Summers. Please stay here while we do."

Everyone doesn't say anything to them but they nod in agreement. The council then went to a small room where they are going to deliberate on what to do about my father. After about half an hour they came back and Grandpa Summers was the only one that stood up.

"As the head of the elder council we have come to a collective decision. With taking the advice from his daughter and his wife we will send him to reeducation on family values and empathy." Grandpa Summers says. "He will go for a few months starting next week until his daughter leaves for college in the fall. As for the Alpha title, that will go temporarily to his daughter until its official after her graduation at her alpha ceremony. Roxanne Summers, please come up here and stand next to me."

I don't say anything and the go and stand by Grandpa Summers then give him a hug which he gladly accepted. Then he had me put my hand on a book that contained all the laws and rules that were set in place of the pack. I knew what was going to happen next because my mom and dad explain the process to me a few years ago.

"Repeat after me. I, state your name. Will do everything that I can in my power to protect everyone in my pack, respect the elders and put my packs safety above others. I will not harm anyone in my pack and be the best alpha that I can be. So, help me god."

"I, Roxanne Summers, will do everything that I can in my power to protect everyone in my pack, respect the elders and put my packs safety above others. I will not harm anyone in my pack and be the best alpha that I can be. So, help me god."

"Everybody I present to you Roxanne Summers, your Alpha of the Silver Moon Pack. Respect her and her orders no matter what you think of them."

Everybody was clapping and cheering for me. After the commotion had died down, I knew that it was time for me to mention my concern.

"Grandpa Summers, can I bring up something to the pack?"

"Of course, you are the Alpha now. What's on your mind kiddo?"

"Willow and I go off to college in the fall and I know my dad will be back from his reeducation before I go, but my main concern is who will run the pack while I am gone?"

"I take it Willow is your best friend and your beta, correct?"

"Yessir, she is. She's also here with me too."

"I know and that is ok. That is up to you on who runs your pack while you are gone. Have you decided who will be doing that until you come home on breaks and vacations?"

"I have, I trusted her since I was born and she also worked closely with my dad. I choose my mom Edythe Summers as my stand in while I am gone, the only request I make is that she calls me to make sure that things are going ok and if anything is going on in the pack that I know about it. If that is ok with you mom." I say looking at her.

"I would be honored to do that for you dear. I can also make sure to keep you posted on what happens within your pack." My mom says with a smile.

"Thank you so much mom. Grandpa Summers, I want you to let my dad leave the center for my ceremony, my graduation and party. If that's ok."

"Of course, that's ok, all of the events are on a weekend anyways, so it won't interfere with anything that he is doing."

"Thank you so much. I think that is all I have for this meeting. Thank you for listening."

My Grandpa Summers nods and then he dismisses everyone from the meeting except Nana, Poppa, Liam, Lucas, Willow, my mom, my dad, and Grandma Summers and I. I knew that this was going to be one of the last times I'll see my dad for a bit until graduation.

It was a few weeks later and it was finally graduation and Willow and I were getting ready in my room for the ceremony. I put on my white one strapped dress while Willow got in her gold dress. After we got dressed, we looked in my mirror and damn did we look good. We then headed downstairs to see the guys, and my parents. I walk over to Lucas and then he gives me a passionate kiss. He pulled away from me and all four of us lined up so my mom could take photos of us in our caps and gowns for graduation.

After the pictures were taken my mom was happy with what she got. We all headed over to the school and we all go in line in our proper spots based on our last names. After we got in line, we all headed out to the field and sat next to our respective people that we were supposed to be sitting next to. After everyone sat down the principal started talking about gods know what and then the valedictorian started to speak. The stupid valedictorian was a stupid stuck-up bitch who gets whatever she wants.

After she spoke the principal started calling names of the students in alphabetical order. I knew that it was going to take a while to come to me because my last name starts with the letter S. First the principal called Liam, then he got to Willow, then Lucas and finally he got to me after getting everyone else in our class. After he called my name, I went up and grabbed my diploma then went and sat down back where I was. He continued to call names until he got to the last name on the class list. Once the last person sat down the principal went back over to the podium so that way, he could make one last speech.

"Congratulations all on your graduation, many of you will be going the same direction but others will go a different path. Whatever you choose is up to you. "Now will you please move your tassels from right to left signaling the end of your journey here at Newport High School." My principal says as everyone does as he says. "Congratulations class of 2022, you made it."

Everyone started to cheer and applaud; I also watch everyone in the bleachers give us graduates a standing ovation. I was happy and excited to start the next part of my journey which was college with my best friend and beta. After that everyone was dismissed, Willow, Liam, Lucas and I met my parents by their car. We all hugged it out and we were laughing and smiling. I was happy that we finally graduated and the next thing that we have to do before my alpha ceremony is my graduation party which I'm excited for.