chapter 40

Jimin's POV

"Sir, you have a package" the postman was outside the door and spoke through the camera, I frowned at that thinking of what could be sent. Probably fans has already discovered the new address I am residing at. I realised a sigh before opening the door with the big package, with a quick thanks to the postman I closed the door and strode towards the living room

What caught my eye was the card trailing on the package, I bit my lip thinking if even opening the package was an good idea, after all fans has became so creative that they once stuck an pad and blood to another famous group, and yet again the warning voice of our ceo telling us to not receive packages entered my brain.

What a pity that I loved doing the exact opposite of what I should.

With a smile I grabbed the card and read what it stood

Just for a clearing of your memory... remember that the truth about you will come out one day. Open the package because im certain your brain capacity can not understand my words fully.

There was no information on who it came from, but a red bold kiss was smudged on the corner of the card. A rise of anger came within me, who the hell could question my IQ, for heavens sake I was the top at school since I could remember.

the package must be for someone else.

But curiousty got the best out of me so I opened the box and what I saw made me froze in place. No way. No way. With a gasp I started bursting in laughter, it hurted that I even held my stomach because of it. She was the insider?

Gosh how I waited for a reaction, a message, a single phone call even though I always had her number I wanted her to call me.. and she never did.

And now she sent me a package with the same teddy bear I once bought her but she claimed that she threw it, apperaently that was a lie.

A thrill of rush came over me and before I knew it I dialled her number, my fingers were itching to call her, despite the early time. It was not even morning. But with three beeps she answered my phone, "Hello?" her oblivious voice made me almost burst out laughing there, but I held it in.

Her raspy morning voice made me suddenly forget what I was about to say, "I will end—" before she could end the call I cleared my throat, "Seems like you have an habit of lying.. Jeongyeon"

There was an silent moment but the harsh intake of breath made me believe she was not thinking I would call her, "How did you get my number" her accusing tone shot back.. how could I say that I always had it. Just hadn't any reason to call without sounding dumb like the last time over two years when she hung up on me

And I hate people hanging up on me, no I despite it.

"Lets say an insider gave me that information, now how did you have that teddy bear? And don't bother lying jeongyeon, I know you had it.. all this years.." I teased the last part but god how it felt good, that she was caught up in her own lie.

But the wave of mocking laughter through the line sounded ugly to his ears, "You think it's the same one that you gave me? Hah! Look for your sign, if you don't believe me"

My hands turned into a fist as the sign of my name I once wrote was no where seen, it was my gift to her when I claimed that she better take her chance on being with me in-case I become a famous sensation... which was not wrong after all, but that did not matter now. What mattered was that she had bought some random teddy bear to mock me—"You----" I could not finish as she interrupted with another wave of laughter, "You really thought I would have it, I burned it for your information. Now remember that embarrassing moment in your life where you got turned down by a girl, what would your dear armys say to that?"

Leaning back on the sofa I cooked my head with a mug smirk, "Is that so? And the same girl sent me a teddy bear.. doesn't that say more about you than me?"

She scoffed, "Listen, you made me do it! How dare you to sneak your number in a cookie as if---"

"Oh babe you opened it?"

"Don't call me that, I am blocking this number"

"Don't bother babe, I will just call you from another number"

"I will block that too"

"Aren't you going to thank me?" I chuckled lowly trying my best to make this conversation into a civil one.

"Thank you? Are you drunk"

"Just tipsy" I lied to get on her nerves.. a habit that I enjoy very much.

"That's it im hanging up---"

"Cant we talk like adults.. What has it been? Two years? Three? Cant we settle this and have a normal conversation, im tired of arguing with you"

The sound of her gritting teeth could be heard from miles, "Don't speak to me and don't contact me, if you can disappear would me much better"

I sighed feeling both nostagalic but tired of not coming anywhere. First I was glad to get a reaction nevertheless if it was hatred as long as she behaved like I was not invisible, "Why do you hate me?" I asked catching myself of guard, and apparently her because she was quite for a god moment before she answered, "I don't hate you, does that make it easy for you?"

"I am being serious, what can I do to—"

"Nothing, don't—"

"Have you forgotten that it was you who started it?"

This time it was her turn to question, "What do you mean by that? How have I started anything when it comes to you"

I laughed at that, "If you recall Musicbanks, you were the one mocking us, and you know what? That explains why your angry, your mad that the world now knows that you hate me, that's why your taking your anger out on me.."

She scoffed defensively, "Is that so? Than why are not serving every bit of information to the media?"

"Why haven't you? If you hate me that much why haven't you tried ruining my career? I mean you know how our country wouldn't stand bullies and others, I could easily be thrown out of BTS"

"I might just well do it" she bit out stubbornly making me laugh, who knew she had this side of her, where did the shy girl go?, "Are you normally like this?" I chuckled

"that's it, I will not have a normal conversation with you, not now, not ever, so you better forget that. Now if you really care about your reputation you better stop doing what your doing"

"You know what? You would miss me if I don't bother you" suddenly sounds of another person came in, "Who are you speaking to?"  and just as quick the line went cut off.

I watched my phone screen and already wanted to call her again.. I must be going insane.

________________________________

VOTE AND COMMENT!

A/N: .... yeah you guys hate me now. But it's 2022 y'all.. new year.. new me;). Kidding hahaha but seriously I am sorry for not updating because y'all are so nice for still sticking till here!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Much love!