Chapter 47

Jimin POV

Ten minutes ago Jeongyeon had called to say she was now in Japan, far away from me, who was hoping to see her over the holiday time we received. Her voice sounded tired. It must be from jet-lag, I asked her to rest so she could recover quickly. After reminding me to not drink so much and party hard, she ended the conversation saying she missed me too.

I bit my lip to contain the urge to jump up and down like a kid, god it was not every day my girlfriend would say something affectionate, which also answered why she sounded strained when she said it. Pumping my fists in the air silently at the progress I imagined her saying more sweet words from her lips.

Now I am at a restaurant in Busan waiting for my hometown friends, those dorks embarrassed me already by throwing a welcome party yesterday. But I am grateful for having such friends who still makes me want to punch their faces, "You look oddly happy" came Hyunbin voice as he sat In front of me

I acted oblivious to his statement, but it was something I have realised to. Feeling weirdly satisfied, with life, with everything. The once loneliness that did not make sense since I had millions of people knowing my name, supporting me, heck even loving me. But I never realised what I needed was in front of me all this time—"You won lottery or what? Wait how can I say when your rich as hell" he checked himself making me laugh at that, if only he knew that it felt more than winning lottery.

It was something...wonderful...consuming and yet I wanted to be near her again, I wanted to put all those barriers down that was stopping us from seeing each other. A smile was dancing on my lips thinking of her again, these past months have been insane but the best I had felt in a long time--- "God, is this really our friend? World is calling to Jimin," Minhyuk curious voice made me raise my head again and I realised they had now focused on me.

"What are you implying now" I muttered as the food came, Minhyuk and Hyunbin looked at each other and than back at me, "Do you take us as fools? Who is the girl, Mizy? Sumin? Yeri?" they named all the flings I had and I smirked, "Wouldn't you like to know"

There was no way I was gonna speak on Jeongyeon with this jerks, and again that possessive striking feeling overtook me, she was mine and not for the worlds ear and most certaintly my friends, who right now straightened their ears waiting to hear what I had to say over the so called fling," It is not a fling, and don't ask further because I wont answer, now tell me which of you idiots sent a duck to my house" I changed the topic just as fast, "Not me," Hyunbin snickered,

"Do enlighten me, is she hot? Suzy hot?"

I held the urge to pounce on Minhyuks stupid face, with deep breaths I said sharply, "That is not up for discussion,"

They seemed to understand the dead pan in my face because the subject changed as we poured soju and ate fried rice, tons of other dishes. Gosh how I missed my hometown, and a picture of me and a breath stealing girl strolling around the city came to mind, my chest squeezed wishing our lives looked different. Our situations were different. Tired of living like some kind of Halloween theme all year around by all the sneaking and hiding around, and not to mention the costumes. "You're getting drunk already?" Minhyuk laughed as I was fidging with the ring on my finger, I smiled like a fool at it. Because it was the first gift, I received from her without it being a prank or getbacks, it was the day before Christmas, and I had not even thought of receiving a gift,

"For me?" I asked trying to supress the stupid grin that reached my face, she could be joking or worse.. "No, to the president of Botswana" her sarcastic remark was not appreciated, because god knows that It would make more sense for the president of Botswana to get that than me.

A sizzling warm feeling burned within my chest as I wrapped up the little box, probably was my hands shaking but I did not care. Jeongyeon.. yes my girlfriend bought me a gift.

I froze at the ring recalling it, "How?" I mumbled without knowing, still in surprise. I wiped my gaze towards her, a smile was on her lips making me hold the urge to kiss her senselessly, the ring was not any ring. It was a ring I found gone before bts was bts, before—"I had it, I found it at our trainee days at the rehearsal room" she said slowly before adding, "I know it isn't a gift---" I cut her off right there because it was more than any gift I could ever receive, "I love it," and this time I did not hold back to kiss her with a smile on my lips.

I remember searching for that ring like a maniac, it was my mothers and somehow a luck I had with me everyday, I never took it off scared to loose it, treasuring it. And I had always believed to loose it, nothing could pay the worth in that ring because it reminded me of happy memories, when I was a carefree child.

And now the ring had a whole different meaning to it.. and it was even more special because the girl who hated me so badly didn't even throw it, burn it. She kept it, and my love for her grew stronger if even possible.

_______________________________

VOTE AND COMMENT!