41.What if I say yes ?

Silence was spread in the whole room, Ahana knew that Sid don't interact much so she didn't try to initiate any conversation. A few moments later, Avu finally stepped out of the washroom.

Ahan- you better ? If your stomach is hurting then you can tell me.

Ahana asked with concern and gestured Avu to sit on the bed. Avu sat on the bed and shook her head.

Avu- I am sorry Ms. Mehra, I ruined your party. I didn't meant to do it, trust me.

Tears started rolling out of her eyes and Ahana was taken back by Avu's words.

Ahan- don't think that, you didn't do anything. You don't need to apologise.

Ahana tried to stop Avu but her tears weren't in her control. She was hating this fact that at last she end up crying, revealing her weak point.

Ahana wasn't getting any idea to console Avu so she gestured Sid to do something. He didn't reacted anything and just walked towards Avu and Ahana moved aside giving him space.

Sid- kiddo, stop being a cry baby.

He gently cupped her face and wiped those tears by his thumb and that was enough to flutter Avu's heart.

Ahana was little startled as she never saw him calling anyone with nicknames but even she was aww at this side of him.

Her mind went back on those times, when Sid used to come home on vacation. Earlier Ahana used to spend most of the time with Sid's mom as her dad mostly used to be in office.

Even on vacation, he used to spend most of time in his room with his books. But that day when Sid's mom was out for some work and Ahana was on her periods and the cramp was troubling her, it was him who took care of her.

Avu- I am really sorry Mr. Nigam, I made you embarrassed in front of everyone. I know I every time ruin everything. I am really sorry. That's the reason they abandoned me. I am sorry.

She cried more and hugged his torso snuggling her face into it. It was even tough for her to understand that whether it's her mood swings, her guilt or the fact that she was missing her father, made her go weak so much.

Sid- you didn't embarrass me, kiddo. How much time should I tell you that you should stop making assumptions by yourself ?

Sid slightly caressed her back and let her cry. And his gestures ran a wave of peace in her veins.

Since childhood, she was afraid of being left alone and when everyone in the party hall was giving her a pitiful look, she felt nothing but loneliness. But his embrace made her feel that there's someone to hold her, who will save her from this selfish world and the dark loneliness.

Although her words were arousing many questions in Sid's and Ahana's mind.

Soon her cries turned into hiccups and Ahana gave her a glass of water to drink.

Avu- thanks Ms. Mehra

Ahan- well I think we should now leave this formality. You can call me Ahana.

Avu was bewildered by Ahana's sudden offer, her head twitched towards her and she stared Ahana with questioning eyes.

Ahan- I am sure about it.

She adduced with a smile.

Avu- so friends ?

Avu forwarded her hand hesitantly. She wasn't sure if Ahana will accept her friendship or not.

Ahan- sure

Ahana cheered and shooked her hand with hers. A big grin blossomed on Avu's face. While Sid was witnessing all this with his usual neutral expressions.

Later they returned back to Nigam Mansion. Being weary, Avu quickly changed herself into something comfortable, and then she fell into deep slumber as soon her body touched the soft bed mattress. Sid wasn't feeling sleepy so after changing his clothes he went in his study room to work.