Chapter 44

"Come in, come in" I heard my sister from the front door.

"He's here?" I heard a squeaky voice say.

Who's here...?

"Yeah, yeah, come in" Jiwoo closed the door.

Felix and I were washing dishes when 2 girls entered the kitchen.

"OH MY GOD! FELIX? STRAY KIDS FELIX?" My sister's friend screamed squealing.

Felix jumped and turned around to face Jiwoo and Sera "Yeah, it's me"

"Hey, Sera. I haven't seen you lately" I greeted her but she ignored my comment.

"OH MY GOD, FELIX. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH" Sera approached Felix and hugged him unexpectedly.

Oh no...

He put on a confused look and faked a huge smile but his eyebrows were knitted. I wanted to laugh, but first, I had to do something.

I left Sera giving a speech to Felix on the kitchen and pulled Jiwoo out, grabbing her arm tightly.

"You're hurting meeeeee" She complained and I let go.

"What are you doing? Felix looks so uncomfortable, get her out"

She sighed loudly before answering "The other day, Jia was showing off her sister's soulmate. He's a rich guy, heir of like a company or something, like Gu Junpyo. So I had to show off too, I can't be behind" She said shamelessly. "Turns out Sera is a huge fan and she asked me to meet him. I kept telling her he doesn't come often but she's my friend, I can't just lie to her. So I texted her saying he was here today"

"Never do that again. He's always hiding in public for you to bring someone to OUR house, where he has nothing to worry about, where he is safe from people" I scolded her.

"I'm sorry" She looked at me with guilt. "I'll get her out now"

We both walked to the kitchen.

"-ther day I dreamed we got married" My sister's friend giggled uncontrollably.

"That's funny" Felix chuckled awkwardly.

"Would you marry me?" Sera asked.

"What? This is not a fan sign..." He chuckled awkwardly, again.

"I'm just kidding" She showed him her mark "I already have someone, unless you say yes" She started giggling, again.

"I say no" He faked a laugh.

It was so awkward, poor Felix.

"Sera, let's go" Jiwoo told her friend.

"It was great meeting you, have a nice day" Felix stepped back a little.

"Yeah, you too. I can't believe you and Jiwoo's sister are soulmates, treat him right" She smiled at me.

"Y-yeah haha," I chuckled.

"Love you Felix, goodbye"

"Goodbye" I said. Felix and I waved at them and they left.

"I'm so sorry" I apologized to Felix as soon as I heard the front door close. "I didn't know this"

He smiled at me "I know you didn't" he sighed. "And it's part of my job"

"But it's horrible. I can't imagine how hard it is"

He smiled "Not gonna lie, it's kind of exhausting, but I don't complain. I mean, yeah, it's weird to have people confess to you and hug you randomly, but it's a great feeling"

"Really? I love appreciation and recognition but I don't think I could handle it. That would suffocate me so much"

"You get used to it, I enjoy it now. Depends on the day and my mood"

"You didn't enjoy it today, did you?" I asked lifting a brow.

"...No" He laughed.

"I want you to know that what happened today will never happen again. I'm genuinely sorry. I hope you know this is a safe place for you, you won't need to hide or be on guard here" I said worried.

He smiled softly at me, his eyes looked happy "Yeah, I know. You're like my little bodyguard" He said in his cute baby voice.

"Little?" I said angrily. This guy weights less than me, who tf he calling little???

He laughed "You're kind of short"

"I'm average" I complained.

He walked a few steps and stopped right before our shoes touched. His face was centimeters away from mine.

"See?" He looked down at me smirking. I gulped and blushed hard.

I wanted to kiss him so bad.

What if I do it? He likes me doesn't he?

Just when I had decided I was gonna go for it, Felix stepped back awkwardly.

"Sorry, I didn't want to make you uncomfortable" He looked down.

"Me? Uncomfortable? No! Not at all!" I walked towards him. "You could never make me uncomfortable" I smiled.

He looked delighted "Me?" He showed his eye smile.

"Yeah, you. I can't explain it, you make me feel safe, like I have nothing to worry about"

"Then perfect, that's how I want you to feel when you're around me" He said happily.

I flushed violently.