Chapter 4

Jade's Pov

     So far everything was going well. This time we had different meal courses instead of a buffet. I was looking around making sure the girls were doing well. I saw one of our pack mates bothering Ruby and I was about to go when I heard a voice behind me.
     "Everything is amazing so far," I turned around.
     "Luna Celeste,"  I bowed and she waved her hand
     "Please, sweetheart you don't have to do that" She laughed and I smiled at her.
     "Is everything okay?" I asked and she looked down.
     "I could ask you the same thing" She motioned to the bruises on my wrist that were already fading. I put my hands behind my back and let out a nervous laugh.
     "I fell" She gave me a small smile and I stood at the balls of my feet.
     "That's a nasty bruise for a fall. Should've been healed by now. How old are you?"
     "Sixteen" I smiled and looked back at Alpha Roy who was watching us carefully.
     "Excuse me, Luna, I'm sorry we need Rose in the back" Ruby came in and smile kindly at Luna Celeste.
     "It's alright don't worry about it" She smiled and walked away, but not before looking back at me one more time.
     "What happened?" I asked as we headed back into the kitchen.
     "When do we start serving the second plate?" I looked around and saw everyone ready to go.
     I peaked out the door and gave them the signal to go. We walked out and replaced the old plates with the new ones. Throughout the night I couldn't shake the feeling that someone had their eyes on me. My eyes landed on the handsome Alpha from earlier. His face was so serious as if he were concentrating on something. I inhaled his scent and it calmed me down. I smiled at him and he gave me the smallest smile ever. It quickly disappeared and he looked down at his food. I frowned and shrugged it off.
     "Don't get too disappointed. He probably just doesn't smile much" Sara commented.
     We served the rest of the dinner and got lots of compliments from some of the Alphas. As we were picking up the last plates Alpha Roy stood up and cleared his throat. The room went silent and all eyes fell on him.
     "Thank you for coming. I know some of you are ways away from your pack grounds and I appreciate you taking the time to come celebrate the full moon with us."
     "Some of these people look like they don't even want to be here" Sara chuckled and I tried my best to hold in my laugh.
     "Tomorrow's full moon party will take place in the ballroom at eight. We will have breakfast, lunch, and dinner served for you here in the dining room. If you have any concerns please-" There was a loud crashing sound that caught everyone's attention. I turned around and saw Ruby on the floor with some plates shattered. We quickly helped her pick everything up and went into the kitchen.
     "Rose I-I don't k-know what h-happened I-I-" She began crying and I hugged her tightly.
     "Ruby it's going to be okay. Nothing is going to happen to you I promise" The rest of the girls looked worried.
     "Girls, don't worry I will-" The door slammed open and we all turned to look at who walked in. Gamma Richard snatched Ruby away from me and held her by the throat.
     "No, wait!" Beta Alfred slapped me hard across the face.
     "You dropped the plates! You interrupted the Alpha's speech! You know how disrespectful that is?!" Ruby's face started to go pale and I could feel the anger building up inside me.
     "Let me go! He is hurting her!" Sara was trying to push through, but I couldn't let her expose us.
     "I'm s-sorry" Ruby was struggling to breathe and I wanted to jump up to get him away from her.
     "Wait please don't hurt her. Take me instead" I cried.
     After a few seconds, he dropped her and she tried to catch her breath. Beta Alfred picked me up and dragged me out of the room. They took me away from the packhouse where they would take wolves for torture if they misbehaved. Once we got there they chained me up to the wall and I waited for the pain to start. It's not the first time I have been here. Last time I was here I was so brutally beat I almost died.
     "You think standing up for those girls will get you sympathy from us?" Gamma Richard sneered.
     "Playing hero won't get you anywhere. You just like getting in trouble don't you?" I felt a hard punch to my stomach and I felt Sara growl inside me.
     "Let me out. I won't let them kill us" I ignored her voice and looked up at the two men standing in front of me.
They took turns with their hits to the stomach, face, legs, or anywhere they could possibly hit. My whole body was throbbing and I was hanging limp from the chains. I was coughing up blood and started feeling light-headed.
     "Please...stop...it hurts" I begged.
     "Don't let this happen again got it? Don't embarrass us in front of the guest," They released me from the chains and I fell to the floor with a thump. They injected me with the serum that helps me heal faster and dragged me back to the packhouse. We went in through the back so no one can see us. We finally got to my room and they slammed the door behind me.
     "Rose?! Oh my gosh!" Skylar whispered as she walked over to me. She helped me get on the bed and looked over my injuries.
     "What are you still doing up?" She wet a rag and started wiping the blood off of me.
     "They made us clean everything and prepare for tomorrow's breakfast. When I arrived here and didn't see you I couldn't stop worrying about you" She explained.
     "It hurts" I cried and she looked at me worriedly.
     "Dear Evangeline, please repair what has been hurt, let my power go and fill the wound with glow, bring back before its lost, before it's gone" Skylar whispered as she played with my hair.
Every time one of us was hurt or freaking out the other would sing the song to help them calm down. I told her my mom would sing that for me all the time and it helped soothe me. Having Sara with me helped me heal better, but it was still difficult. We really need to find a way out of here. I don't want to die here.

~

     The next day I woke up in my bed already feeling better. I sat up and saw Skylar asleep. I walked up to the tiny mirror on the wall and examined my injuries. The bruises on my arms and legs were almost faded. My lip and eye were still a little swollen.
     "Rose? How are you feeling?" I looked back and saw Skylar sitting up.
     "I'm feeling better already" I smiled at her and she stayed quiet.
     "I don't want to die" I looked at her in shock and then sat next to her.
     "Why do you say that?" I rubbed circled on her back and she looked up at me.
     "I'm either going to die of how bad they beat us or in two months when I turn eighteen and I am not ready. I haven't even lived. I want to get out of here and be free. I want to find my mate and have a family. I don't want to die" She cried and I embraced her in a hug.
     "Listen, We are not going to die here okay? We will come up with a plan to get out of here all of us will" I said and she nodded. Once she calmed down we got ready for the day and headed down to the kitchen. As soon as I walked in through the door I was embraced into a hug.
     "Rose thank you so much!" I looked down and saw Ruby with her face buried in my chest.
     "Don't worry about it. I'm glad you're okay" She smiled up at me and let go.
     "Come on let's get breakfast ready before the guests start waking up" She ran over to her station and continued what she was doing.
     "By the way, Happy birthday Rose!" She said and they all hugged me.
     "It isn't much, but we wanted you to have something" She handed me a plate with a piece of bread.
     "You know we get limited food. I am fine you guys can have it" I smiled and she shook her head.
     "We all agreed on it. You always give out your food to us so it's our turn to return the favor" Tears formed in my eyes and I smiled.
     "Thank you so much" I took the plate and took a bite of the bread.
     "Now come on let's go ahead and start preparing breakfast" I laughed.
We layout our breakfast buffet and waited for them to come in. I was trying to hold in the pain from last night so that no one would notice but it was difficult. I didn't make eye contact or speak with anyone as I served them food. The moment that the coffee beans and wet soil scent hit me I felt myself calm down. I didn't dare to look up, but I knew he was coming closer to get his food. I walked back into the kitchen before he reached me to catch my breath. I put my hand against my mouth and started crying. I tried to muffle my sobs so that no one with wolf hearing heard me. Once I calmed down I walked back out and noticed that everyone was already sitting down. Skylar pulled me to the side and got close to my ear.
     "One of the Alphas asked for you" I looked at her confused and she pointed behind me. I turned around and he was already looking at us. Watching our every move. His eyes roamed up and down my body and his jaw was clenched. He was holding his utensils so tight his fists were turning white.
     "What did he say?" I turned my attention back to her, but I could feel his eyes burning on my back.
     "He just wanted to see if you were okay. He saw you upset and walk to the back alone," She smiled and I couldn't help but smile either.
     "He did seem upset as well" My smile disappeared and she put her hands on my shoulders.
     "But it's okay he still worried about you," I nodded and took a deep breath.
     "Let's just finish this okay? We can talk about it later" She nodded and we walked over to where the rest of the girls were. Breakfast went on with no accidents. Alpha Roy invited everyone out to the garden and we stayed behind to clean. While we were washing the dishes Beta Alfred walked into the kitchen.
     "Alpha Roy will entertain the guest while you guys decorate the ballroom. The party starts at eight, but I want it ready by six. Make sure we have all changing stations so our guests don't rip up their clothes during the transformation. Understood?"
     "Yes, Beta Alfred," we all said in sync. He walked out without saying another word and I turned to look at the girls.
     "Alpha Roy lend me some dresses for us. He said he didn't want us to look like a mess tonight. After we are done cleaning I will go ahead and pass out the outfits and then we can proceed with decorating." They nodded and I smiled.
Knowing that all of these girls looked up at me was overwhelming. Defending them was all I could think about. I didn't want anyone to ever touch or hurt them ever again. I don't care how much beating I got as long as they weren't hurting any of them. I was determined to figure out a way for all of us to get out of here. I want these girls to live life out of this hell hole shitty packhouse. I want to help them find their mates and have a family. I will make sure that happens even if that's the last thing I do.