Chapter 52

Ayden's P.O.V. 

   "I don't want to talk to her,"
    "She has important information,"
   "She is the reason all this started!" I yelled and Lance stayed quiet. He was trying to convince me to go talk to Christina but I didn't want to see her. 
    "I'll stay with Jade. I'll update you if anything changes," 
   "I don't want anyone else staying with her. I don't want to see Christina I don't care about what she has to say,"
    "She said she had information on why Jade won't wake up any time soon," 
   "How does she know about that?" 
He shrugged and stood up.
    "As I said, she won't talk to anyone if it isn't you," 
   "Fine. Let Caden and Skylar stay with Jade. You will come and make sure I don't kill that bitch," 
    I went to go check on Jade one last time before we went to where she was being held and I stopped right outside. 
   "Milo, behave," He huffed and stayed quiet. 
When I went in I saw her sitting on the floor and she looked up at me.
    "Finally, I have your attention," 
   "Speak," 
She sighed and looked down at her fingers. 
    "I agreed to help Roy with his plan because I thought he was going to get me what I wanted," She laughed and shook her head. "Turns out he is just one selfish son of a bitch," 
   "What does this have to do with any of the information that you have on Jade?" 
    "I'm getting to that," She sat up straight and looked at the ceiling.
   "Roy said once he had Jade in his possession he was going to inject something in her. I was supposed to give it to him and when he killed Jason my plans changed," 
    "He was your mate," A tear rolled down her cheek and she wiped it away. 
   "Yes, he was. I overhear some guards talking about how Luna Jade hasn't woken up since the fight. Roy said once he did what he had to do it wouldn't kill her, it would put her in a deep sleep. He also said there was a plan B and mentioned it was more dangerous. He needed to distract you enough to take over as Alpha," 
   "How do I know you're not lying?" 
    "There is nothing worth lying for. The love of my life is dead. I found out my father was a liar and a traitor. I don't see any reason to lie,"
   "You were pulled away from him. Did you give him anything before that?" 
    "No, I dropped the substance when I shifted."
   "Roy shifted as well. It doesn't make sense how he could've injected her,"
    "The liquid I gave her wasn't Wolfsbane. It was a mix with something else. Roy gave it to me before we started," 
   "That was Plan B," Lance stated and she nodded. 
    "Do you have any idea what other liquid he mixed in there?" 
   "I only heard him once. I believe it was Pneumomonium?"
    "How is that even possible?" Lance stepped forward. 
   "Pneumidoxile. I thought that it didn't exist. I heard about it before it's supposed to send a wolf to a rogue-like stage," 
    "How much of that did she consume?" I asked Christina. 
   "I don't know. It landed all over the place but I do know she drank some of it," 
    "Lance, how does it work?" 
   "Taken alone it works straight away. Their physical appearance starts changing and then their behavior. Roy mixed it with wolfsbane and that might explain why she hasn't woken up," 
    "You're telling me when she does wake up she won't be the same?" 
I can feel Milo getting upset and I didn't want him to lose control. 
   "I don't know. I didn't even know Pnuemidoxile existed," 
    "I'm sorry Ayden, for your father. I truly didn't know and I'm sorry to all of you," Christina said. I stood up when I had a feeling something was wrong. 
   "Ayden, you better get back here now!" Caden screamed. I bolted out of the room and headed toward the hospital. 
    "What's going on?!" 
   "Jade woke up but she was freaking out. She attacked Skylar and we are trying to calm her down." 
   I picked up the pace and stepped into the hospital. I could hear people screaming and things getting knocked on the floor. I went to Jade's room and Caden was staring out the window. 
    "I wanted to go after her but she-" He fell to the floor and held his stomach. He had a blade impaled on the side of his stomach and Skylar was on the floor. 
   "Lance take care of them I have to go after Jade!" I yelled as I jumped out the window and shifted. 

Lance's P.O.V. 

   "I need some help in here!" I kneeled down next to Caden and he pushed me away. 
    "Go check on Skylar," I quickly ran over to her and she was opening her eyes. 
   "What happened?" 
    "You're fine. They will come to help you right now," She was bleeding from her head and she looked over at Caden. 
   "You're bleeding!" She tried standing up but I held her back. 
    "He is being helped. You need to stay still you hit your head," 
   She stared at me and then looked around the room. 
    "She attacked me. She woke up f-freaking out and-" 
   "Ms. Skylar please lay back I need to check your wound," 
    The nurse came up beside me and she did as she was told.  
   "What did Christina say?" Caden asked. They were currently working on his injury and that's what he was asking for. 
    "I'll wait for Ayden to come back to tell you," 
   We spent the rest of the day waiting for Ayden. I couldn't get a hold of him because he was too far. His tracking skills weren't the best plus Sara is a fast runner. She probably ran away too quickly for him. 
    "Aren't you afraid of what Ayden will do if he returns without her?" Roman asked. 
   "Yes, but let's just hope he found her,"

    "How are you feeling?" I asked Caden. Skylar was sleeping. She said she wanted to rest for when Jade got back home. 
   "I've been better," He looked down at Skylar and sighed. "She was afraid of Jade. She started attacking out of nowhere,"
    "It's not Jade,"
   He looked at me confused and before I could answer I heard commotion downstairs.
    "He's Here," 
   I got up and went downstairs. Ayden was dragging himself in with blood all over himself. 
    "There are still some rogues out there. Patch me up and I go back out," He was telling a very terrified nurse. 

Ayden's P.O.V. 

   "Ayden! what do you think you're doing? You can't go back out there you will get yourself killed," Lance said to me. 
    "I don't care. Jade is still out there she could be hurt," 
   "and you expect to help her when you're hurt this badly?" 
    "I have no choice!" Milo yelled. Everyone in the room went quiet. They bowed their heads down and he sighed.    "I can't lose her Lance,"  
    "I will go search for her. While you heal you stay here and you can go back out there when you're feeling better," 
   "I can't just sit here and do nothing," 
    "Think about what you're going to tell the people. Remember tomorrow was supposed to be the day they are invited to go to the packhouse to meet their new Luna," 
   He's right. It's a tradition so the pack can personally meet her. 
    "I want updates regularly," I demanded and he nodded. 
   "Take Alpha Ayden into a room and do not let him leave," 
    They helped me up and Lance headed out to look for her.