Chapter 3

Ayden's Pov

"I told you that I didn't want to come" I huffed.
"And I told you that this party will help you get that stick out of your ass" He laughed and I growled.
I can't believe I let my Beta Lance and Gamma Caden convince me to come to this stupid party.
"You are so uptight you need to relax" Lance commented.
"and maybe get a haircut?" Caden added and they laughed.
"Shut up" I looked out the window and saw that we were getting closer to their pack grounds. As soon as this is over I am never coming back here again.
"Agreed" Milo snickered. "I doubt we will ever find our mate here"
"We are not here to look for a mate we don't need one"
"If we don't find her they will force us to mate someone else. We need a Luna" He argued and I growled.
"You good?" Cade questioned.
"Yes, it's just Milo reminding me about needing a Luna" I ran my hand through my hair out of frustration. I do need a haircut soon.
"He is right you know? Every pack needs their Alpha and Luna" Lance said.
"Enough!" My alpha voice came out and they looked down. I sighed and leaned my head back against the seat. "I don't need or want a Luna. We are going to get through this party and go home as soon as it's over. End of discussion"
The rest of the ride to the packhouse was quiet. Once we arrived we stepped out of the car and looked at our surroundings. There were other Alphas getting there and getting greeted at the door.
"See not that bad" Caden patted my back and I growled at him.
"I just want to sleep" I grunted. We grabbed our bags and headed up the stairs to the front door.
"Maybe we can ask for some drinks tonight" Caden's voice was in my head.
"Can't you just wait for tomorrow's party?" Lance joined the mindlink.
"Can you both get out of my head? You're giving me a headache" I cut the mindlink connection and they laughed.
"Alpha Ayden! So glad you can make it" Alpha Roy smiled as we got to the door. I knew he was a stuck-up son of a bitch and this was all an act.
"Alpha Roy, thank you for the invitation" I shook his hand and he looked back at the girls lined up at the door.
I took a deep breath in and the most astonishing smell filled my nostrils. It was a mix of lavender and vanilla. I looked around and spotted the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on. Her eyes landed on mine and I admired her beauty. She had the most beautiful purple eyes. She walked away with Alpha Alex and I felt upset when she left my sight. I sensed Milo stir inside and whimper when she left.
"Alpha Ayden?" Alpha Roy's voice brought me out of my thoughts.
"Yes?" I questioned and he sighed.
"Distracted?" Caden's irritating voice rang through my head.
"This is Ruby she will be guiding you to your room. Please don't be afraid to ask her for anything." A young girl stepped in front of us and bowed.
"Alpha Ayden," Her delicate voice said. She looks malnourished and small. I wonder how old she was? She motioned for us to follow her and we did.
"I want to go with the other one" Milo complained.
"We can't right now, but we will look for her later" He laid back down and relaxed.
"Take interest in the girl?" Lance opened mind link.
"I don't want to talk about it" I replied.
"So you don't mind if I go look for her?" Caden asked and I growled. Ruby shrieked and turned to look back at us.
"Sorry" We continued walking. I can hear her shaky breaths and loud beating heart from her chest.
"You're going to scare her" Caden snickered.
"If you two fucking idiots don't shut up I will kill you myself" they laughed it off and closed the link.
I swear these two imbeciles were going to be the death of me. Every day they make me want to strangle them. Always with their snarky remarks, stupid responses, and bugging me about looking for my mate. As much as they frustrate me all the time I wouldn't trust anyone else to be my Beta and Gamma. These two fuckers have been my friends since we were kids. Almost like brothers.
"Don't get all sentimental on me" Milo chuckled. He stood up and his tail started wagging. "She's near!"
I sniffed the air as the lavender/vanilla scent got stronger. I stopped and turned around, but was disappointed when I didn't see anyone, and the scent soon faded. I caught up with the rest and finally got to our room. Lance shut the door behind us and I groaned when I only saw two beds.
"It looks like you are going to have the honor of staying with our beloved Alpha tonight" Caden laid on one of the beds and sprawled himself out.
"In your fucking dreams" I threw my bag on the other bed. Lance shoved his leg off and sat down next to him.
"So the girl.." Lance trailed off.
"Don't talk about her" I growled
"You're getting defensive about her. In love with her already?" I looked at Caden who was smiling at me.
"Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea to come?" Lance added and they laughed.
"I am going to fucking kill you both" I rubbed my temples and laid down.
"and I already told you to stop talking about her" I growled. They held up their hands in defense and stayed quiet.
I was mad at myself for getting all worked about a girl. It makes me want to leave now instead of in two days. I always told myself I didn't need a mate. I didn't need a Luna. I can lead my pack by myself just like I have been for years.
"You know you need her" Milo argued
"I don't"
"You know she can help"
"With what?"
"Our people need a luna. The pack feels incomplete."
"Drop it"
"But-"
"I said drop it"
He grunted and went to the back of my head to cool off.
"So Ayden. What do you want to do for now?" Lance asked.
"Did you guys notice those girls at the front door?" Caden questioned before I can answer.
"What about them?" I looked at him and he shrugged.
"They're young. Probably underage and he has them working. Ordering them around like slaves" He continued
"They could be volunteers that wanted to help their Alpha take care of their guests" Lance suggested.
"I don't think so. Caden is right. All of them looked young and malnourished." I said and they agreed.
"Let's just see what else we can find out during dinner alright?" They nodded.
I took a nap before we headed down to the dining room. Now I just had to survive all the small talks the Alphas tried to do with me through dinner.
"So Alpha Ayden. How's it going?" Alpha Alex asked snapping me out of my thoughts.
"It's good" I looked around and saw some girls serving the first course.
"Not a person of small talk huh? Me neither. I only come to these to see if my packmates might find mates" He said and motioned to a group beside him.
"I heard you still haven't found your Luna yet" Our plates were dropped off and I began eating.
"I'm not interested" I kept my eyes on the food in front of me.
"You never know what life has in store for you. I didn't think I was ever going to find my mate and now I can't imagine my life without her" I quickly glanced up to see him kiss his Luna's forehead.
"Alpha?" Lance's voice rang through my head.
"Yes?"
"Look at the girls serving the food. Aren't they the same ones from earlier?" I looked up to find out he was correct. A lot of them looked terrified but forced a smile on their face. Like the one who showed us to the room earlier today.
"Volunteer to show us to our rooms? Understandable. Looking absolutely afraid while serving food? Suspicious" Caden joined in the mindlink.
"You can practically see them shaking. Do you think they are afraid of all the Alphas in the room?" Lance commented.
"No, I think just the one" I motioned to Alpha Roy who was watching the girls carefully as if he was waiting for one of them to mess up.
I sighed and took a deep breath. I was about to speak when I caught the beautiful scent from earlier again. Milo instantly stood up and looked around for the source of the smell. I finally found her delicate figure standing by the kitchen door watching all the girls. Her eyebrows furrowed as she stared at something.
I followed her gaze and saw Ruby being bothered by one of Alpha Roy's packmates. She was about to walk towards them but got stopped by Luna Celeste. They started talking and the girl put her hands behind her back and got nervous.
I looked back at Ruby and she was already walking back into the kitchen. I tried listening in to their conversation, but they were too far away and there were too many conversations around me. Another girl came out of the kitchen and walked towards them. She excused herself and they both went into the kitchen. Milo was upset she left but I looked back at Alpha Roy.
"She's beautiful" Lance commented.
I shot him a glare and then looked down at my food. Girls came piling out of the kitchen with plates in their hands. They switched out the empty plates with another that had more food on it. I spotted the girl again and this time she was closer. I breathed taking in her lavender/vanilla scent. It made me feel calm. Her eyes met mine and it made me feel something inside that I had never felt before. I had never seen anyone with purple eyes before. Milo was pacing back and forth wagging his tail. She shot me a small smile and I swear something inside me lit up. A small smile formed on my face and her cheeks got pink.
"Ayden are you smiling?" Caden asked.
     "Shut it" She walked away and I turned to Caden. He had the biggest smirk on his face and I rolled my eyes. The rest of the dinner went on smoothly. I would catch occasional glances at the girl serving, helping, guiding. Alpha Roy stood up and cleared his throat to get everyone's attention.
"Thank you for coming. I know some of you are ways away from your pack grounds and I appreciate you taking the time to come celebrate the full moon with us." The whole room was silent and all eyes were on him. The girls were taking the last of the plates.
"Tomorrow's full moon party will take place in the ballroom at eight. We will have breakfast, lunch, and dinner served for you here in the dining room. If you have any concerns please-" There was a loud crashing sound that caught everyone's attention.
Ruby dropped some plates and shattered them on the floor. The rest of the girls quickly rushed to clean everything up. I turned to look at Alpha Roy who looked like he was going to explode. His jaw was clenched so hard and you can see the veins popping out of his forehead.
"He has that killer look" Caden opened mindlink again.
"I don't like the way he is looking at them" Lance added and I agreed.
Once the girls finished cleaning they piled up into the kitchen. Alpha Roy cleared his throat again and fixed his shirt.
"If you have any concerns please don't hesitate to let me know" He shot everyone a small smile that quickly disappeared.
He sat down and everyone continued in their own conversations. His Beta and Gamma went rushed to the kitchen and it gave me a bad feeling. I wanted to go in there to see what was going on. Alpha Roy said we should all go back to our rooms to rest for the big day. Once we got back to our rooms I slammed the door and started pacing back and forth.
"Ayden what's wrong?" Lance asked.
"Did you see the look he gave that girl when she interrupted his speech? His Gamma and Beta rushed in there with their fist clenched so hard their hands were turning white." I ran my hand through my hair and growled.
"He can't do anything to them, right? I mean it's his pack members and it's not like they did it on purpose" Lance suggested.
"Well, with that temper who knows what he is capable of," Caden said and I growled.
"If he hurts her I'll kill him," Milo said.
"Milo you need to calm down we don't want to start any problems. We will figure this out tomorrow"
I laid down on the bed and tried to calm down. I need to talk to one of those girls tomorrow.