Chapter 47

Jade's P.O.V.

*Day of Ceremony*

"I don't think wearing all that makeup is good for either of us," Skylar said and I agreed.
"Okay, light makeup. we need to get started if we want to be ready on time." Our makeup artist said.
I didn't understand why I had to dress up all fancy for this. I wanted the pack to know me for how I look every day. Skylar kept saying I had to because it was a special night. Then I told her I would only do it if she dressed up with me. Tonight was the full moon. So the pack thought today was just a regular full moon party. Little did they know that I, their luna, was getting introduced officially. After she finished our hair and makeup I sat with Skylar on the bed.
"I really wish I could lay down. I have been sitting for hours."
"You better not. They took forever to do your hair like that."
It was pined up on all sides. They used all these products I had never heard of before.
"Ayden wants to do a presentation before. It's almost time."
"You need to stop pacing so we can get you ready,"
They helped me get into a luxurious dress. The lady at the dress shop said it was an A-line double-slit dress. It was black, hugged my top nicely, and fell gracefully to the floor.
"I think it's too much. I told you at the store I didn't want anything like this." I was admiring it in the mirror.
"It's a beautiful dress. Why can't you just admit it?" Sara said.
"You look amazing. You deserve to wear something like this after all those years of wearing rags. You need to make a good first impression," Skylar stood beside me. Already in her dress.
"Are you girls ready? The moon waits for no one," Caden's voice rang through my head.
"Let's go before Caden busts through the door," Skylar laughed. We got out of the room after doing a few quick touch-ups. When we were going down the stairs Skylar realized she forgot something in the room and went back up.
"You better not fall," Sara commented. Just as she did I slipped on the last step and almost fell face first. Thankfully, someone was there to catch me just before I embarrassed myself.
"Whoa there. Are you okay?"
"Yes I'm-" I looked up and saw an unfamiliar face.
"Hello?"
"Yes sorry. Thank you for catching me. That would have been embarrassing,"
"Don't apologize. A woman as beautiful as you shouldn't be embarrassed," He smiled. I hadn't noticed how close we were, or how low his hand was on my back.
"I've never seen you around here. Are you new?" He asked.
What am I supposed to say? No one is supposed to be in here. Ayden had everyone waiting at a different location and I wasn't prepared for this.
"Yeah," Was all I could say.
"Yeah? really?"
"Your eyes are beautiful. Bet you hear that a lot huh?" His grip around my hip got tighter. At this point, I was getting uncomfortable but I didn't have the strength to do anything.
"Sad that you have a mate already. I would've loved to have put that mark on your neck," His voice sent shivers down my spine.
"What the hell is going on here?!" Finally, the familiar voice boomed through the room. The mystery man quickly put me behind him and faced Ayden.
"Alpa Ayden, nice to see you," He said almost mockingly.
"What do you think you're doing with my mate?" I heard him walk closer. The new guy looked back at me and stepped away.
"You're his mate?" He asked in disbelief.
I got yanked away before I could even reply. I was now standing between Caden and Lance.
"I didn't know. I caught her before she fell."
"Leave. Now. Before I change my mind and rip you to shreds," They were both now standing so close. The new guy bowed his head and walked out of the room. Skylar was standing at the top of the staircase looking terrified. I motioned for her to come down and she stood next to me.
"I came to see what was taking so long. Now I know why," Ayden said looking at me. His eyes were so dark I know he was fighting with Milo.
"It's not what you think. He told the truth, I slipped and he caught me before I fell,"
"Let's go. We have to start this before word spreads." He walked passed by us. I looked at Lance and he shook his head.
"Let him blow off the steam. It's better for him to deal with it alone than go out at us,"
"You look amazing,"
I looked behind me and saw Skylar blushing over Caden's compliment. We walked to the outside where a large group of people was waiting. Ayden got to the front and we waited on the side.
"Can I have everyone's attention please?"
The whole crowd went silent. I can see a few people looking at me. I was used to people looking at me. Considering I have purple eyes. Now with purple hair, I do stand out more. I still can't help but feel like I am going to throw up.
"Thank you everyone for coming. I know you were all expecting to have a regular full moon party tonight but I have an announcement to make." He paused and looked at me. I knew that after this moment I would become official Luna. "I have met my mate,"
The people around me gasped. Some looked around anxious to find out who it is.
"Meet my mate, your Luna, Jade Brooklow." He extended his hand out and I took it.
I kept my eyes on him as I was afraid to look out into the crowd. I could hear them whispering but couldn't quite make out what they were saying. It was quiet for a few seconds then everyone cheered. I finally looked out at the crowd and smiled. Everyone looked really excited. I can see the moon's light start to appear in the distance. A lot of people started pointing at me and I looked at Ayden. He looked shocked and stepped back.
"You're glowing," He said to me. I looked down at my hands and then at the crowd. They were in awe.
"So much for keeping It a secret," Caden said.