Chapter 34

Jade's Pov

I woke up with a panic feeling running through my veins. I jolted up and saw Ayden struggling to put some clothes on.
"What's wrong?" I spoke up and he turned to look at me.
"I'm sorry I didn't want to wake you up. Caden linked me and Skylar-" I didn't even wait for him to finish. I got up from the bed and headed toward the door.
He stopped me and handed me some of his boxers. I quickly slipped them on almost tripping in the process.  I ran out of the door and downstairs. We got a lot of weird stares from people passing by but I didn't care. I finally got to our floor and saw Lance pacing back and forth outside the room. I pushed past him and bumped into Caden's back. I stumbled back and thankfully Ayden caught me before I fell.
"Jade? You look different?" He questioned. I pushed past him and scanned the room. My eyes finally landed on Skylar who was hunched up in the corner of the room. I ran over to her and she was sitting with her knees to her chest. She was rocking back and forth mumbling a bunch of nonsense.
"Skylar? I'm here. Are you okay?" I hugged her and her body was shaking.
"What happened?!" I turned to look at Caden furiously and he shook his head.
"I don't know. I brought her a donut and some milk and she dropped the glass cup. I told her it was fine but she freaked out and started picking up the pieces. She cut her hands in the process and she huddled up into that little ball" Caden explained.
Ayden and Lance were looking at me confused but I decided to ignore it for now. I rubbed circles on Skylar's back to soothe her. The cuts were deep but they were slowly healing.
"Skylar, you need to calm down please," I said. She wouldn't stop rocking back and forth begging for them not to hurt her for misbehaving. I closed my eyes and hugged her.
"Dear Evangeline, please repair what has been hurt, let my power go and fill the wound with glow, bring back before its lost, before its gone." I knew singing always helped calm her as well. She stopped rocking and started catching her breath again. I shushed her and laid her head on my chest.
"Jade.." Ayden said in disbelief. I opened my eyes slowly and they were all staring at me in shock.
"What's wrong?" I asked confused. They looked at each other and didn't say anything. "What is it?"
"You're glowing," Caden chuckled.
"He's right, you're glowing," Skylar spoke up with a hoarse voice. I looked down at our connected hands and there was a light shining from them. I opened her hands and the cuts were completely healed. I stood up and ran into the restroom to look at myself in the mirror. The tips of my hair had turned purple. It had a faint glow and my eyes as well.
"Just like mom.." I whispered still in shock. The glowing faded away but my hair stayed purple. My eyes got watery and I gripped the counter.
"I look just like mom," I said to Sara.
"Maybe when you finally completed the marking process you inherited her power. It explains why you have the purple eyes." Sara replied.
"Jade?" A voice said from behind me. I jumped and turned around to see Ayden standing by the door.
"Are you okay?" He walked over to me and I shook my head. "Does anything hurt?"
I felt the tears streaming down my face and he pulled me into a hug. I was sobbing into his chest and he rubbed soothing circles on my back. I looked up at him and he looked down at me
concerned.
"It's like my mom's," I said and he got confused.
"My mom's hair and eyes were also purple. She would sing that song to me whenever I was hurt and it would heal instantly. It's faster than wolf healing."I said and he nodded. "I used to ask her why we had the same eyes but different hair colors. She always said her hair changed when she was older. She probably got it when she marked with my dad just like I did with you last night."
"You guys marked each other already?" A different voice asked. I groaned and looked over Ayden's arm and saw all of them standing by the door.
"Yes, we made it official last night. It must've triggered whatever made her change." Ayden explained.
"You said your mom used to have the same thing?" Lance asked and I nodded. "I have heard stories about wolves with powers, but I thought they were myths,"
"Do you know who might have more information on this?" Ayden asked.
"I know some people in Mexico," He said and Ayden sighed.
"Okay, for now, don't use it before we get information on it. We don't know if it could hurt you" He said to me and I nodded. I laid my head on his chest and smiled at Skylar.
"Are you okay?" I asked and she nodded.
"You have cool magical powers to match your fierce hair!" She laughed.
"Can we go back to when you said that you marked each other?" Caden asked. I moved my hair out of the way and showed them the mark.
"Luna," Lance and Caden said and bowed and the same time. I waved them off and let go of Ayden.
"No, no please don't do that. It's weird" I laughed and they nodded.
"It's official. Ayden is finally marked up" Caden patted his back and Ayden smiled.
    "Celebratory run tonight?" Lance asked and he nodded.
"I'll finally get Jade for myself tonight." Skylar laughed.
"Let's go have some breakfast." Caden clapped.
"We need to have breakfast here. Now that she is officially luna the heat stops, but the luna attraction might cause a commotion." Ayden explained.
"All this is too much-unwanted attention." I frowned.
"Wearing Ayden's clothes is catching enough attention" Caden joked and my eyes went wide. I stood behind Ayden and he laughed.
"You also have to announce it to the council before announcing it to the pack" Lance reminded.
"We can talk to them after we eat because I am starving. Skylar, please get Jade some clothes." Ayden said. Once I changed we went to the room and waited for our food. I sat on the side with Skylar as the boys chatted about something.
"How does it feel? Did it hurt? How did it go down?" She was so cute when she was excited.
"Later when the boys go out I'll explain okay? I don't want them hearing all the personal details" I said. I looked over at Ayden who was smiling at me and then turned to look back at the boys.
"Is this how your mom used to have it?" She asked and touched my hair.
"Yes, I remember her hair was shorter but for sure it was purple on the ends. I don't remember if hers would glow. It's still pretty cool," I shrugged.
"Pretty cool? Jade you're making it seem like it's a regular thing. This makes you a super magical luna!" She exclaimed.
"Please don't make a big deal about it. I am still a regular wolf, not a unicorn." I laughed.
"A unicorn Luna would be badass," Caden commented from the other side of the room. I flicked him off and laughed.
"Can I please braid your hair? I want to see how the purple compliments it" She asked and I nodded. I turned around and felt her hands work around my hair. I looked at Ayden who was looking at me with a hungry look in his eye. I bit my lip and he smirked.
"Good idea on letting her do a braid. I would love to see how you look on your knees in front of me with the new hairstyle." He said and I felt my cheeks get hot. "How are you feeling?"
"Very sore. It hurts" I whimpered.
"It'll go away soon. You'll just need to get used to my size."
"I don't think I can get used to your size"
"You have to." He winked and I smiled.
"What do you think?" Skylar asked and I turned to look at her confused. "About the braid" I nodded and went to go look at it.
"It's beautiful! Thank you" I smiled at her.
"You know, I was able to transform into my wolf," I said and she looked at me in shock.
"You need to keep me updated! You're going to have to show me later!" She laughed and I nodded.
"Girls! The food is here!" We headed over to the room to eat.
Caden kept making fun of me for being in Ayden's clothes. Ayden reminded him that I am Luna and to not make fun of me. All of this felt so weird. I don't think I am ever going to get used to it. I don't like people bowing down to me or thinking I'm a magical god.
"In a way, you are you know?" Sara reminded me.
"I don't want to be treated so differently."
"Regardless if you had powers or not. You are Luna now and once Ayden announces that everything is going to change."
"Please don't remind me. Let me go twenty-four hours without thinking about it"
"Okay, meeting time let's go," Caden said and stood up.
"You don't have twenty-four hours this is happening now" She laughed.
"W-What? Right now?" I asked and he nodded.
"The sooner Ayden announces this. The sooner Christina gets out of my head"
"Why is she in your head so much?" Skylar asked.
"She is always trying to link me to get some alone time with Ayden. Trying to kiss her way to the top. Since you girls arrived, she has been questioning everything about you." He explained.
What's her deal with Ayden? Did they ever date in the past? Maybe they have some personal relationship that I don't know about. I looked at Ayden, he looked nervous and confused at the same time. I turned my attention towards Lance and he smiled sheepishly.
"Hold up," I said and stood up. "Do you have some type of past with her?" I asked Ayden and he stayed quiet.
"Oh shit, I thought she knew" Caden rolled on the balls of his feet and Ayden's head snapped in his direction. He stood up and walked towards him and I stepped in front of Caden.
"What do you think you're doing?" I asked. Ayden didn't break eye contact with Caden. His eyes went foggy for a second and then he turned to look at me. His face fell for a second and then went back to being serious. He stormed out of the room and I turned to look at Caden.
"What past?" I asked him.
"I am not allowed to tell you. He will kill me." He said and I groaned. Great. Now I have to wait to ask Ayden once he calms down. That's even if he wants to tell me.
"Are we doing this meeting now?" I asked and he looked back at Lance.
"Ayden said to gather the council and call him up when everyone is there." He said and I nodded.
"Can Skylar come up?" I asked.
"You are Luna now. You make the rules. The council won't have a say in stuff anymore." He said and I nodded.
"Okay, let's do this." I grabbed Skylar's hand and walked out of the room.
"Lance, call everyone up Please. I still don't know how to do that or who to even all" I said.
I could feel my heart beating so hard I felt like it was going to burst out of my chest. We got up to the fifth floor and walked into the conference room. There were three people in there already waiting. They looked at us confused and we sat down by the edge of the table. I had Skylar on my right side and Lance and Caden on the left leaving a seat for Ayden between us. Christina walked in with the regular two girls behind us and sat in her seat.
"What are the strays doing here?" She asked from across the room. The girls laughed and I turned to look at her.
   "You really shouldn't be calling them that," Caden says remarked.
"Why? Just because she changed the color of her hair she thinks she is part of the important people? What are they even doing here?" She crossed her arms. More people started walking in and all eyes were on us.
"Don't worry about her. Soon we probably won't have to see her that often." I linked Skylar.
"Maybe you can ban her from here."
   "Let's not get our hopes up." She let out a small laugh and Christina looked at her.
"Something funny, dog?" She said in a snarky tone. I stood up and slammed my hand on the table.
"Enough!" A low voice said from the entrance. Everyone's head bowed down except for mine. I looked up at him confused and he walked over to the seat next to mine.
"Let's begin this meeting," Ayden announced and we both sat down.