Chapter 11

Jade's Pov

     "This is amazing" Skylar sprawled out on the bed.
     "What a step up from the mattress on the floor huh?" I laughed and she nodded.
     "Jade, I think we should tell them," She said seriously.
     "He isn't like Alpha Roy. He would've punished us by now. Plus he knows it's worse to take wolves from a pack to abuse them on their own" She shrugged.
     "He seems concerned all the time and he is your mate." She reminded and I sighed.
     "I'm scared he will reject me or if he is tricking us with gifts." I sat down next to her.
     "Maybe we should give them a chance." I nodded.
     "Let's see how dinner goes and we can talk to them after." I laid back and she did as well. We both laid in silence for a while and I heard her soft snores from beside me.
"You're overthinking it" Sara's voice rang through my head. 
   "I'm scared"
     "Moon goddess Evangeline mated you two for a reason"
     "He is an Alpha and I am no one. He needs a strong fearless Luna to protect and care for his pack and needs"
     "Just like you care and protect all the girls from Alpha Roy's pack?"
     "That's different"
     "Not everyone will starve themselves or take beatings from packmates so that the others wouldn't suffer"
"They are still in there and I am out here with all these different opportunities. It's not fair"
     "Talk to Alpha Ayden. He will help you get them out"
     "How are you so sure?"
     "Just a hunch" She sat down and I groaned. There was a knock at the door and I sat up.
     "Rose?" a voice called out from the other side. I opened the door and saw Alpha Ayden standing there with a nervous look on his face. His face lit up when he saw me and I smiled at him.
     "Alpha" I bowed my head and he waved it off.
     "No please you don't have to," he said and gave me a small smile.
     "What can I do for you?" I asked and he leaned on the door frame.
     "I wanted to make sure you girls were good or if you needed anything," He said and my heart skipped a beat.
     "I told you he cares." Sara giggle and wagged her tail. 
     "No, we are good. I mean we were able to figure out the shower" I laughed and he gave me a confused look.
     "Your showers are more advanced than us. Ours just had regular handles" I laughed nervously and his jaw clenched.
     "Do you girls want to head down to dinner before everyone else?" He asked.
     "Who is everyone else?" I questioned.
     "Anyone is invited to come and we usually have a full house." He said and I got nervous.
     "Don't worry you'll be with me, Caden, and Lance the whole time." He reassured and I nodded.
     "Can I have five minutes? Skylar is asleep. I won't be long" I said and he nodded. I stood there awkwardly and he looked me up and down. I awkwardly bowed again and quickly walked away. I shook Skylar and she shot up.
     "Is everything okay?" She asked and looked at me.
     "Yes, Alpha Ayden is here asking if we want to go down early for dinner" I pointed at the door and her mouth formed an 'o'.
     "How come we need to go down early? Are we going to help?" She asked and I shook my head.
     "He said that everyone is always invited to dinner and it always gets really full. We won't be alone at all don't worry" I said and she nodded. She stood up and got close to my ear.
     "Are we okay?" She whispered as low as she could, but I knew he could still hear us. I nodded and we walked over to the door. I smiled at Alpha Ayden and he motioned for us to go ahead. I grabbed Skylar's hand for reassurance as we walked to the dining room. When we went in Beta Lance and Gamma Caden were already waiting for us at the biggest table. Alpha Ayden opened seats for us and then sat at the edge of the table.
     "I see you accepted the clothes," Caden smirked at me.
     "I had no other choice," I laughed. "but thank you. They are amazing"
     "We never had new clothes in our old pack," Skylar said and I looked at her.
     "How come?" Alpha Ayden asked right away.
     "We always shopped in thrift stores" I smiled at him and he raised an eyebrow. The doors opened and people started piling in. I spotted a group of wolves that looked familiar. They looked over at us and whispered between each other.
"They were the ones that saw us when we first got here. They called us trash" Sara growled.
     One of the girls rolled her eyes and headed in our direction. I looked over at Skylar and she was smiling and waving to some people in the pack. I turned back around and looked at the guys in front of me. Caden's eyes went cloudy for a little and so did Ayden and Lance's eyes. I need to ask them what's up with that. The girl got to our table a shot us a smile that showed her perfect pearly whites.
     "Hey Alpha Ayden how are you doing?" She batted her eyelashes and I felt my blood boil.
     "I'm fine" He replied. I could feel him looking at me but I was admiring her features. She was tall and curvy. She had long brown wavy hair and blue eyes. She had tall heels and tight clothes on that made her ass and boobs pop out.
     She grabbed a chair and tried to pull it open, but it wouldn't budge. She looked up at Caden and smiled.
     "Will you please remove your foot so I can sit down?" She asked in a fake polite voice.
     "I'll think about it just because you said please" He smirked and she glared at him. She looked over at us and acted shocked.
     "Oh didn't see you there little ones. Who-" She stopped talking and stared at me.
     "Are those your real eyes?" She asked and I nodded.
     "Wow," She laughed. "They're....unique," She looked over at Alpha Ayden.
     "Christina, did you need something?" He asked.
     "I wanted to sit with you tonight" She twirled her hair in her perfectly manicured fingertips.
     "This bitch is flirting with our mate" Sara growled and my jaw clenched.
     "The table is getting full" Caden laughed and we looked at the seats next to us. They were almost completely full and she looked back at us.
     "What rank are you girls? Are you bothering our Alpha?" She asked and Ayden let out a small growl.
     "I invited them to sit with us," He said and she looked at Skylar.
     "How about you little one? I can get you a seat at a different table" She smiled.
     "Didn't you hear Alpha Ayden? He invited us to his table. Are you trying to get rid of his guests?" I said and her head snapped back to me.
     "Don't speak to me that way. I am a top wolf of the warriors you need to respect me." She growled. Usually, I would back down but something about this place made me get more confidence.
      "Respect doesn't come with the title it's supposed to be earned" I replied through gritted teeth.
     "Ayden are you going to let her speak to me that way?" She whined.
     "It's Alpha Ayden." He said and looked at me. "She's right. Respect is earned and you disrespected the Alpha's guests" His eyes never left mine and I smiled at him. She scoffed and stomped away from us.
     "Wow. Feisty" Caden said and I looked at him.
     "She was being mean to my friend" I shrugged and smiled at Skylar. I glanced over at Christina and she sat down with her group and crossed her arms over her chest.
     "I like it when you're like that" I looked back at Caden and he was smirking at me. Alpha Ayden kicked him under the table. He winced and glared at him. Their eyes went cloudy for a second and then disappeared.
     "Why do your eyes do that?" I asked and they both looked at me.
     "Do what?" Caden questioned.
     "They change. For a couple of seconds, they go cloudy/glossy" He stayed quiet and his eyes changed again.
     "There it is!" Skylar exclaimed and laughed. They looked at us confused and stayed quiet for a little.

Ayden's Pov

Do they not know what mindlink is? Maybe they've never seen their own eyes while they do it.
     "It happens when you mindlink" Lance explained and they looked confused.
     "What is that?" Rose asked.
     "You guys never used mindlink in your old pack? It's when you communicate with thoughts" I said and they looked at each other then back at us.
     "That's possible?" Skylar asked and I nodded.
     "Alpha Roy never used it with you guys?" Lance asked and they shook their head.
     "Can you show us?" Skylar asked and Rose nodded.
     "You can only communicate within the pack," I said
     "How do we join?" Rose asked and I looked at her in shock.
     "You want to join our pack?" Lance asked happily.
     "W-well if that's okay w-with, you guys. We appreciate everything you've done so f-far for us and-"
     "I would love for you to join my pack" I interrupted her and she smiled at me.
     "It's working! She's staying with us!" Milo exclaimed in my head and I smiled.
     "I will work the details out for the ceremony and let you know when it's ready," I said and they nodded.
     "Step one completed. Operation make Ayden Loveable is working" Caden mindlink me and I rolled my eyes.
     "There it is again! What did you guys say?" Skylar asked and I glared at Caden.
     "Caden made a stupid comment about something irrelevant," I said and he scoffed.
     Our workers placed our dinner in front of us and we began to eat. The girls kept looking up at the workers after every bite they would take.
   "Look at how beautiful she looks. Her purple eyes glisten every time she looks up" Milo said.
     "I know she is. I can't get enough of her"
   "The way she stood up to Christina for Skylar was such a turn-on. Seeing her all fired up was amazing. She is going to make an amazing Luna."
   "She already accepted to join the pact we have to make her comfortable with us. I want her as my mate and Luna. I don't want to be forced to mate Christina"
    "I don't want her either" He growled.
    "I'll talk to them later. I need them to trust me. I want to help them and the rest of the girls who might be in danger"
     "Okay, I am going to sleep. Take care of her" He laid down and I looked at Caden.
     He kept looking over at Christina and then back at Rose.
  "Something wrong?" I mindlinked him.
    "Christina won't stop talking about Rose. She is talking bad about her to her friends and creating rumors." He said and my fists balled up.
    "After dinner, we are doing the ceremony in my office" he looked at me confused.
  "Can we do that?"
  "Yes. It doesn't have to be in front of the pack. I need two witnesses so you and Lance will both be there"
  "Do we need to take anything?"
     "Prepare yourself. I haven't marked her yet, but under the moon goddess's eyes, she is our Luna. Everyone might feel the pull towards her."
     "Alpha Ayden?" Her soothing voice caught my attention. I looked at her and she had a smile on her face.
     "Is it okay if we go help the staff finish cleaning?" She asked and played with her fingers.
     "You guys haven't finished eating. Are you sure you want to go?" I asked and she nodded
     "Yeah, you can go ahead" I sighed and she looked over at Skylar. They stood up and took our plates.
     "They only took a couple of bites of their food again" Lance commented and I groaned.
     "I will take them to the pack doctor tomorrow. I need him to check their health and maybe give them vitamins to build up their strength" I said and they nodded.
     "For now I need to have a conversation with Christina so she can stop spreading rumors and talking bad about her future Luna," I said and stood up.
     "Good luck!" Caden called out and laughed. I rolled my eyes and made my way to her table.