Chapter 45

Jade's P.O.V.

*Two days before the Luna ceremony*

"Okay! Let's take a break please," I said and Skylar sighed.
Everyone that was in the room stopped what they were doing. We were currently going over dress options for the ceremony. These past couple of days have been stressful. We were deciding on all meals, decorations, and outfits. I had barely seen Ayden. Between him dealing with Alpha duties and me being with the girls plus the ceremony it's been hard.
"Why don't you all go get lunch and we will continue this after?" Skylar suggested and they all agreed. We went to what was now her room and flopped onto the bed.
"Have you missed me?" I asked and she laughed.
"It's already been a long time since you moved out. Plus taking care of the girls has been the only thing on my mind."
"What about you and Caden? You two have certainly gotten closer."
"It's nothing big. I know he doesn't want to take things further. Something happened in the past that he doesn't want to talk about." She shrugged and I scoffed.
"He has to get over it."
"Last time I asked about it he got all defensive. I don't want to bother him with it again."
"Don't force him. He'll tell you when he is ready."
It was quiet for a few minutes before she spoke up again.
"He mentioned the race again."
"I told him I don't want Ayden to find out about it. I know he will be upset."
"You promised him."
"I don't remember promising anything." She glared at me and I sighed. "I will talk to him later."
She sat up and squealed.
"Let's go right now. He just linked me asking where I was."
"No, I just got here to my warm comfy bed" I sighed and she slapped my leg.
"Come on! He says it's important" I groaned and got up.
"This better be an emergency."
We headed to where Caden was calling us from.
"Jade! It's time!" He clapped. Lance was standing beside him shaking his head.
"I think this is a bad idea. She hasn't explored her wolf yet. What if something goes wrong?" Lance questioned.
"Nothing is going to go wrong. It's a harmless race. I will beat her and then it'll be over." Caden smirked.
"This is about the race? I am tired I don't want to do this today" I rubbed my temples and he shook his head.
"You have been dodging this for a while. We either race now or you forfeit."
I stood next to him and he smirked.
"That's what I thought"
"If Ayden finds out he will kill you, Caden," Lance said as he backed away with Skylar.
"He won't find out." Caden shifted and I did as well.
"Go straight about 50 feet there should be a giant tree you won't miss. Circle back and the first one back here wins,"
"Be careful! Oh and good luck!" Skylar yelled.
We got into position and Lance counted us off.
"Ready! Set!-"
"What do you think you're doing?" My heart dropped when I heard his voice. I turned around and saw Ayden standing next to Skylar.
"Go!" Caden's voice rang through my head. He took off and I took off right after him. I can hear Ayden yelling after us but I was focused on Caden. He was ahead of me and I struggled to catch up.
"Having trouble catching up?"
I ignored his taunting. Little by little I saw his figure getting bigger. I was catching up to him. I spotted the tree he mentioned and we both circled around it at the same time. We were both running at the same speed back to the group. I can see Skylar cheering and Ayden still yelling at Lance. I pushed the last strength I had and made it to the front first.
"I won!"
Caden caught up a few seconds later and looked at me.
"How is that possible?"
"Caden, can you explain why in the world you would think it's okay to race Jade in her condition?!" Aden yelled. Caden whimpered away and I stood in front of him.
"There is nothing wrong with me. I feel perfectly fine. It was my idea." I linked him.
"Lance keep a lookout. Caden turn around. Jade shift out of it now." He instructed as he pulled his shirt off. We all did as he said and he put the shirt on me.
"Let's go inside and get you some clothes. Lance deal with Caden and meet me at the office." He pulled me away and Skylar followed behind.
"You won. Which means we get to dress up Caden."
I laughed at Skylar's reminder and Ayden looked at us. A few minutes later we were all sitting in his office and he was waiting for one of us to speak up.
"So no one is going to explain what is going on?"
"I challenged Caden to a race. The agreement was if I win we get to dress him up for a week. If he wins he would have my help with a project he is working on." I explained. He sat back on his chair and smiled.
"You kicked his ass" He laughed. I turned to look at Caden who was laughing nervously and I sighed. "I'm not happy you raced without letting me know. I am impressed you beat him,"
"And now get ready to be dressed by us Caden!" After the ceremony s over we will begin the week. Unless you want us to dress you up?" Skylar laughed and he looked terrified.
"Dear god no. I accept my loss just please wait till after,"