Chapter 20

Jade's Pov

     "You need to control your breathing. Focus on your wolf. You said you saw her before right?" Ayden asked and I nodded.
   "Picture her in your head. Imagine yourself turning into her" I walked towards the middle of the room and closed my eyes to do as he said.
    "It's not working I don't feel anything," Sara said.
   "I know! I need to concentrate" I said out loud.
    "No one said anything" I heard Skylar say.
   "She's communicating with her wolf" Lance explained.
    "Okay look it's working," Sara smiled.
    The darkness was slowly turning brighter and her tail was wagging. It got dark in an instant and she frowned. I groaned and opened my eyes. Everyone was looking at me in anticipation and I shook my head. I closed my eyes and tried it again. and again. and again. Every single time getting Sara's hopes up and then crashing them. I sighed and sat on the floor.
   "It's not easy. Don't give up" Caden reassured.
    "I have been doing this for the past thirty minutes." I ran my hand through my hair.
   "Okay, that's it no more work for today let's go" Ayden lifted me from the ground.
    "No no, let me try this again!" I said and pushed myself away from him.
   "Jade," Ayden warned and I shook my head.
    "I cannot fail at this. let me try again" I closed my eyes and concentrated.
   "Jade we don't have the strength for this trust me,"  I continued doing the same thing and she disappeared.
     "Sara?" I questioned and I heard something snap. I yelled and fell to my knees. My legs felt like they were burning and I opened my eyes. Ayden was standing over me yelling but I couldn't hear anything.
    "What's going on?" I asked.
    "You're in mid-shift. They can't hear you" Sara's voice said.
   "Why does it hurt so bad!?" I yelled.
    "The first couple of shifts might hurt. Considering your bones will be breaking" Her voice said and I yelled again.
     "-something please!' I heard Skylar's voice fade in.
      "Skylar?" I questioned and she looked at me. I passed out right before I can hear what she said to me

Ayden's Pov

   She closed her eyes to concentrate again. I sighed and stepped back.
    "She's so stubborn," Caden said
    "Try living with her for eleven years" Skylar laughed.
   Something snapped and Jade yelled in distress. She fell to the ground and I ran over to her.
    "Caden! She is stuck mid-shift. Get Dr. Bour now!" I yelled.
     "Jade baby please wake up," I said and she kept dosing off. I know how painful this is and it killed me that I couldn't do anything.
     "Is that painful? Is she in pain?" Skylar panicked. She was standing right behind me and I hated that she was seeing this.
    "Lance please get her out of here," I said and she grabbed Jade's hand.
   "no!" She yelled then bowed down. "Respectfully"
     "You have to do something please," She begged and Jade looked up at her.
    "Skylar?" She questioned and then passed out again.
    "I'm here! What happened?" Dr. Bour ran in breathless.
     "She was trying to shift and now she is stuck," I said and he sighed.
    "No, you aren't supposed to overwork her. She was supposed to be resting" He said.
   "I know that but she was being stubborn!" I growled and he backed away.
     "Alpha Ayden she needs to heal herself. It won't take long. Especially with the medicine running in her veins." He said and I nodded. I heard something snap and I looked down at her. Her legs were healing and she was waking up.
    "Hey, you're okay," I said and held her close to my chest.
   "I just want to help them," She said lowly.
    "Help who?" I moved her hair from her face.
     "The girls. Once I shift I can help them" She cried and I sighed.
   "She's pushing herself to help the girls in Alpha Roy's pack," Skylar frowned.
    "Come on Skylar. I think you girls need to rest" I lifted Jade bridal style and walked out of the training room. We went up to their room and I set Jade on the bed. I gave her a kiss on the head and she snuggled up under the covers.
    "Skylar, can you stay in here with her while I go fix some things?" I asked and she nodded.
   "Call me if anything. Did you learn mindlink?" I asked.
    "Yes, I did" She giggled.
   "Okay. Let me know when she wakes up" I said and she nodded. I looked at Jade one more time and then walked out of the room with Caden and Lance following behind me.
   "Where are you going?" Lance asked.
   "I need to figure out how to get those girls out myself before Jade kills herself trying to do it" I huffed. 

Jade's Pov 

   I woke up and groaned. I sat up and saw Skylar standing in the restroom.
    "What happened?" I asked and held my head.
   "Jade! You're awake!" She squealed and I winced. She walked over to me and her eyes went cloudy.
   "Wait, who did you mindlink?" I asked.
   "Ayden asked me to let him know as soon as you were awake. He was really worried," She said and I groaned.
    "You should've waited. He worries too much. I did the first thing he didn't want me to do." I said and she bit her lip.
    "I am sorry, but he is on his way already," She said.
   "Ugh, he is never going to let me do that again."I rubbed my face.
     The door slammed open and we both stood up.
   "Hey, you should be laying down. What are you doing up?" Ayden rushed over to me. He examined me and I stepped back from him.
     "I'm fine. The medicine Dr. Bour gave us is working wonders" I laughed and he sighed.
   "Really Ayden? You said something was wrong with her" Caden asked from behind him. I looked over them and they were both standing there trying to catch their breath.
    "You should run to your Luna's concern either way" Ayden looked over his shoulder and then back at me.
   "Can I take you out today?" He asked nervously.
    "Where are we going?" I smiled and he did as well.
    "It's a surprise. I'll pick you up in an hour" He winked and began to walk away.
   "Aww, I feel like a proud momma. Operation make Ayden lovable is working like a charm" Caden snickered and I looked at him confused.
    "What is he talking about?" I asked
   "Nothing, I'll see you later" Ayden dragged him out with Lance following behind them.
    "You have a date!" Skylar squealed as soon as the door closed.
   "Please don't tell me we are about to spend an insane amount of time getting me ready?" I groaned.
    "I'll run the bath and you start getting naked." She said as she walked into the restroom.
    "At least take me out to dinner first!" I called out and she laughed. I did as she said before she got all feisty on me. After the shower she made me sit down while she worked on my hair.
    "I think I might cut my hair short. Every time you brush it more knots appear and it hurts." I said and she glared at me.
     "You will not cut your hair, but you know maybe you should ask Ayden to cut his" She scrunched up her nose and I laughed.
    "It is a little long isn't it?" I said and she nodded.
     "There! All finished!" She said. My hair was done in a side braid with some pieces coming out of it.
   "You have a natural talent for doing hair," I said and she smiled.
     "Thank you" She laughed. "Get in your dress he is coming soon"
    She pulled me out of the chair and I quickly changed. I put on a purple long sleeve smock dress with some strappy sandals. There was a knock at the door and she smiled.
     "He's here! Come on" She said and led me to the door. We opened the door and Ayden was standing there.
    "Wow, you look breathtaking" He smiled.
    "Beautiful Luna" Caden said beside him and Ayden glared at him.
     "Okay, make up your mind do I treat our Luna with love and respect or ignore her?" He questioned. Ayden looked back at me and I laughed.
   "Caden will stay here with Skylar while we go out" He explained and I nodded. He extended his hand out for me and I took it.
    "You kids better not stay out too late!" Caden called out as we walked away.
   "If anything happens to Skylar I will hurt you" Ayden called out. I laughed and we continued walking. Our hands were still linked together as we walked to the secret destination.
    "You really do look beautiful," He said and I blushed. He ran his hand through his messy hair.
    "Is there something wrong?" He asked and I looked away.
   "Does it hurt? When you run your hand through your messy hair? Do you do that often?" I asked.
    "I never have time to cut my hair. When I'm not with you I'm on Alpha duties." He shrugged.
    "What if we do it right now?" I asked and he looked at me confused.
   "No this is my quality time with you. I don't want to spend it with someone else's hands in my hair." He smirked and I shook my head.
    "We are doing this right now. Come on where can we do this?" I asked and he laughed.
   "Okay fine but maybe just a trim. I don't want them to take too much time from us." He said and I nodded.
    "How long has it been since you cut your hair?" I asked and he scrunched up his nose.
   "I don't know. I've had a lot on my plate" He shrugged.
    "Alright let's go cut down that beehive" I laughed.
    "Is it really that bad?" He questioned.
    "I don't want to hurt your feelings" I smiled at him.
   "Nothing you say could ever hurt my feelings" He laughed. 
     "Then yes, there is a disaster on your head" He scoffed and then laughed. 
    "I have heard people say it, but never to my face." He said. 
   "Do you really think they are going to insult their Alpha?" 
    "At least I'll know that you will be honest with me"
    "Of course, I will. Who else is going to tell you how awful your hair looks?" I laughed. 
    "Okay, I get it no need to rub it in my face" He smiled over at me. I will never get tired of seeing that beautiful smile on his face.